Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 03:22 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No doubt Romney has surrounded himself with idiots. He's pulling a McCain and deliberately losing the election. For the Republicans to have put up Romney in the first place is unforgiveable. He's doing everything within his power to lose. I don't think Oboy haters can save him with the 'anybody but obama' vote.
A vote for Romney is like throwing your vote away and handing the election to St. Hope and Change.

Good job, Republicans, what a great choice! Morons. This is why I'm switching to Independent when this is all over. The GOP is almost as bad as the Dems anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
When people like Ann Coulter are getting on your case and inferring you are incompetent you gotta know its over. I'm starting to wonder if Romney is even going to make it to the convention,,.
Ann Coulter Demands Romney Fire Andrea Saul - YouTube

Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Thud.............Ive falling and I cant get up
Life Alarm -*"I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" Parody - YouTube

Funny video...

Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 AM

1,068 posts, read 2,022,708 times
Wow, when you get a whiff of the opposition then you can see why even Obama in hard times comes out smelling like roses.

I used to think the John Stewart show was a spoof but to find out these people exist and are actually in with a chance of heading for the Whitehouse and the Presidency of the world's predominant superpower.

LMAOIf I didn't I think I'd bawl my eyes out. And why are jackasses who sit around puffing cuban cigars and saying not alot at all between bouts of burping and breaking wind considered oracles of profound wisdom in America Ann Coulter Demands Romney Fire Andrea Saul - YouTube?

That youtube clip was car crash television of epic proportions. Why is that woman on the News so concerned about millionaire/billionaire donors? If they've got money to be throwing at Romney or Obama drting this Presidential campaign and in this economy then something tells me these aren't the people politicians should be especially concerned about right now. Wealth should breed humility not the kind of sense of entitlement that these campaigners appear to have about buying the Presidency no matter how hollow the actual campaign.

No wonder the world is the way it is. Sort it out.

Last edited by Fear&Whiskey; 08-10-2012 at 06:32 AM..

Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The federal government, being a creation of the states, does not have authority in its enumerated powers to require individuals to purchase healthcare insurance. The states have no such restriction on them and may impose an individual mandate if their particular state constitution permits such a mandate.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

You: "Romney spokesperson: His individual mandate could have saved woman’s life"

Saul: "disgusting.” “Obviously, it’s unfortunate when anyone loses their job,” “This particular case was a plant that was closed years after Gov. Romney left the company. And to that point, you know, if people had been in Massachusetts under Gov. Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care.”

Where does she say an individual mandate could have save this woman's life?

Want to make the election about Obamacare?

OK.
She didn't--she said Romney's health care plan could have saved her life. That plan HAS an individual mandate as a way of making the program financially viable for insurance companies--it would be impossible to run the program without it. Obamacare was modeled off of Romneycare. As for as the constitutionality of the individual mandate, I don't know if you've been living under a rock, but the Supreme court determined the individual mandate constitutional back in June.

I've supported this particular approach to health care reform since 1995 when it was proposed by Gingrich and the Heritage Foundation as free market vs. big government alternative to Hilarycare. I think the Democrats would love to make the election about the affordable care act, but that poses a problem for Romney. It's a major achievement for him during his tenure as governor that he has to hide from, because the far right tea party end of the base has been convinced that it has to be repealed, without any rational basis for doing it.

People like Ann Coulter are upset with Saul because she WENT OFF SCRIPT from the campaign, and actually told the truth.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Romney spokesperson: His individual mandate could have saved woman’s life | The Raw Story

Wow! Another gift for the Obama camp. Even Ann Coulter is having a crap hemmorage over this one and wants the girl fired...for telling the truth!

That whole fake story is hurting Obama. Haven't you seen the public reaction to that lie?

That campaign ad has inflicted a lot of damage on Obama, as he looks more and more desperate. A sitting president with any accomplishments can run on his record and does not have to resort to fabrications and slander to win. Obama looks like Hitler, hunkered down in the bunker in Berlin calling up non existent panzer divisions to save him.

Obama is gone- his ads reveal this.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That whole fake story is hurting Obama. Haven't you seen the public reaction to that lie?

That campaign ad has inflicted a lot of damage on Obama, as he looks more and more desperate. A sitting president with any accomplishments can run on his record and does not have to resort to fabrications and slander to win. Obama looks like Hitler, hunkered down in the bunker in Berlin calling up non existent panzer divisions to save him.

BWAHHH!

You are hilarious, my friend. It's going to be an entertaining ride to November with you on the CD forums. You're like that guy from Saddam's government during the Iraq war who kept insisting that Baghdad was absolutely safe even as Americans were bombing it.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

First of all, it's not a fake story. The man is real and so is was wife's illness. Show me how the stats where uninsured have the same mortality rates as the insured do. You can't.

Obama has a string of accomplishments, but the right wing will never bring those up for obvious reasons. OMG...they even attempted to bash him for killing bin Laden...how obvious can they be!

The Washington Monthly - The Magazine - Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments

The obstruction that has ensued by a Republican controlled Congress has earned them the record of being the most unpopular do nothing Congess in history. It has always been amazing to me that their base was not furious when they made a public announcement that their priority was to make Obama a one term POTUS. Really? That's the priority after the nation was brought to the brink of financial destruction by the corruption and ineptitude of The Bush Crime Family? Shows you how dumbed down their consituency really is. There are Republicans representatives that have resigned due to the demented GOP agenda and there are parts of the base that can no longer support the hijacked Republican Party. Hijacked by so called Tea Partiers that have a base comprised of people that are too stupid to understand that supporting a party that subscrbes to Ayn Rand psychotic philosophy is going against their own best interests. The party is in shambles. They have nothing left but lies, distortion and propaganda to instill hate and fear and attempts to steal the election by voter surpression.

Obama will win and you will have another 4 years to revel in your hatred.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
BWAHHH!

You are hilarious, my friend. It's going to be an entertaining ride to November with you on the CD forums. You're like that guy from Saddam's government during the Iraq war who kept insisting that Baghdad was absolutely safe even as Americans were bombing it.

Lol.. Bagdad Bob was the guys name. There are a few cons on here that remind me of Bagdad Bob. Every thing is fine with the bombs going off in the back ground

Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Lol.. Bagdad Bob was the guys name. There are a few cons on here that remind me of Bagdad Bob. Every thing is fine with the bombs going off in the back ground
That was hilarious. I very often wondered what happened to him...maybe he really is posting on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections