Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,333,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So you can't back it up?.

I don't have to back up anything.

I said, this was not the forum for this type of individual advice. If you are interested - you can check it out further. If you are not interested, you won't. Either way - it's you decision - not mine.

Have a great evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 09:44 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,977,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I don't have to back up anything.

I said, this was not the forum for this type of individual advice. If you are interested - you can check it out further. If you are not interested, you won't. Either way - it's you decision - not mine.

Have a great evening.
I would never take tax advice from you. You are the one that made the statement that a person can opt out of paying and then citing a form used to withdraw your application for benefits. You are the one who made the statement. The one who made the statement has the duty to prove it. It is o.k. it is not the first time somebody made a statement of fact and was not able to back it up when they were caught.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,333,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would never take tax advice from you. .
Good.

If you're interested - you'll check it with a professional.

Good night (again)

Old 08-12-2012, 09:46 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,460,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
I'll add one more item that needs to be cut and that is the billions in aid and military hardware we give to Israel (along with other countries around the world). Oh but as soon as you mention that, Republicans vilify you as being an anti-Semitic Jew hater.

Too bad a non-Republican/Democrat could never step into the White House as President. I despise people who complain about the problems this country faces but, they keep on voting for the same damn party which has wrecked havoc on this nation.

Don't be silly!

How could anyone think you hate Jews just because the only $2.5 billion you can find to complain about in a $4 trillion budget is the $2.5 billion, or roughly 0.00625% of the federal budget, which goes to Israel?

Makes perfect sense.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:49 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,169,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I bet those are your estimates, because there is no truth to it. Totally ridiculous ..!
I'm poor and old, and I want Ryan's plan to save us from obama and his corruption...
My dad is poor and old too and a republican all his life. He has no faith in republicans anymore though. They only care about the rich, he says. He thinks the democrats care more about seniors but he will not vote for Obama because of his color. So he won't vote at all. How sad is that.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:49 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,977,720 times
Quote:
Good.

If you're interested - you'll check it with a professional.

Good night (again)
Just woke up my tax attorney. She said I was correct. She went on to say that the form you are talking about is away to get more money in your retirement by canceling your benefits even after you have already started receiving them, but you have to pay back the benefits that you have received in order to take advantage of receiving greater benefits for retiring at a later date.

She also said that you need to talk to a competent tax lawyer before the SS Admin comes after you.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,460,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I have been gainfully employed all of my teenage and adult life (37 years). I am a Black former Democrat who became a registered Independent 5 years ago. I like the majority of tax paying Americans have become sick and tired of what has officially become the entitlement generation. I have never received a penny of welfare nor any other tax payer subsidized freebie. I raised my child alone without child support, owned several homes and have paid my share of taxes and somebody elses. I have paid for every freakin' thing and never qualified for any of the benefits my entire life. It sickens me to be in line behind a food stamp queen that loads up her cart, with her pregnant belly hanging over the stroller while 2 are fighting over who is going to push it while she gurggles in spanish.

I voted for Obama last election. The amnesty that he is about to pass in the name of pimping and pandering for votes to secure his reelection is disgusting. There are no words that can express the disappointment that I feel. I'm done. For lack of a better choice, and in the hope that the welfare brigade will be stopped in its' tracks, this time around, I plan on voting for Romney and the other cold heartless republican bastard.

What really p****s me off is the fact that these food stamp recipients can afford better food than me.

I love King Crab, but I can't afford it at $20/lb.

Well, there seems to always be someone in line ahead of me who can afford them and all the great steaks and fresh fish I can only look at.

Meanwhile these same food stamp recipients are talking on their government supplied cell phone and wearing clothes that come from the annual clothing allowance they get because they receive free food.

Of course I realize the reason government is so generous to the non-working crowd is because they want to bribe them into voting for liberal Democrats who seem to have no problem sticking future generations with our debt.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:45 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,750,073 times
Quote:
Get competent tax counsel.
I will look into this.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,710,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
Ryan holds a "Town Hall Meeting" then arrests anyone who voices their opinion, while joking about them. Great, upstanding leader right there...
By your logic, Jared Loughner should not have been arrested. He was just 'voicing his opinion'.

Clue: When you go to political functions, be respectful. If you don't like the answers, vote for someone else. Yelling, stomping your little feet, and making a scene isn't going to end well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What really p****s me off is the fact that these food stamp recipients can afford better food than me.

I love King Crab, but I can't afford it at $20/lb.

Well, there seems to always be someone in line ahead of me who can afford them and all the great steaks and fresh fish I can only look at.

Meanwhile these same food stamp recipients are talking on their government supplied cell phone and wearing clothes that come from the annual clothing allowance they get because they receive free food.
Like this welfare slug:

Old 08-13-2012, 06:27 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,960,398 times
IMHO, the country will continue to run itself into the ground no matter who is elected. Too many want to continue to feed off the govt. They can outvote those who are largely paying into the system to keep it going. But the end is coming soon. Govt. benefits will be decreased to all who receive in one way or another. There are big time cuts coming in medicare and medicaid spending. My advice to all is to figure out how to survive once the system starts to fall completely apart, but don't put off planning for long. Its coming sooner than you think.

Part of the reason that the system will crash is that the work ethic is disappearing fast. People are getting lazier, more irresponsible, and more selfish every year. Finally the idolatry in this country is growing and increasing, along with the immorality. On a poll in C-D, 70% of the respondents are open to a sexual threesome. God's wrath is here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections