Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,348,444 times

Advertisements

And most Americans want medicare saved from bankruptcy like Ryan is trying to do. Obama is pushing medicare off the cliff to fund Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,620,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
"Extreme" is a cute buzz word on the talking points memo going around for the left.

I am sure the Left will come up with many scary half-truths and distortions to make him look more extreme.

Per, CNN 74% of Americans want a balanced budget...America is extreme and radical...
Not extreme?

Ryan's Sanctity of Human Life Act states,

(B) the life of each human being begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, irrespective of sex, health, function or disability, defect, stage of biological development, or condition of dependency, at which time every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and

(2) the Congress affirms that the Congress, each State, the District of Columbia, and all United States territories have the authority to protect the lives of all human beings residing in its respective jurisdictions.

Your ok with States having the right to deny abortion even in the case of rape and incest? How is that not extreme?

Paul Ryan's anti-abortion rights record a target for Obama camp - CBS News

Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM

3,699 posts, read 5,013,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
And most Americans want medicare saved from bankruptcy like Ryan is trying to do. Obama is pushing medicare off the cliff to fund Obamacare.
???

Obama's care inculdes medicare and medicaid and to save frombankruptcy all you need to do is shift funds from elsewhere in the goverment like oh the military.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,090,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I encourage you to peruse some of the threads dated around the time of the last election. You'd be surprised. Truly frightening.
Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean without doing that. But Paul Ryan, in my opinion, is nothing at all like Sarah Palin.

That being said, I disagree with the premise of this thread anyway as Ryan has no executive experience. On the other hand, while Romney is a better candidate for president, I think Ryan is better at being a candidate

Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
That being said, I disagree with the premise of this thread anyway as Ryan has no executive experience. On the other hand, while Romney is a better candidate for president, I think Ryan is better at being a candidate
Well said!!! Man, I wish more people thought with your kind of nuance!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:01 PM

26,587 posts, read 15,157,406 times
Quote:
Not extreme?

Ryan's Sanctity of Human Life Act states,

(B) the life of each human being begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, irrespective of sex, health, function or disability, defect, stage of biological development, or condition of dependency, at which time every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood; and

(2) the Congress affirms that the Congress, each State, the District of Columbia, and all United States territories have the authority to protect the lives of all human beings residing in its respective jurisdictions.

Your ok with States having the right to deny abortion even in the case of rape and incest? How is that not extreme?

Paul Ryan's anti-abortion rights record a target for Obama camp - CBS News
So Ryan being rated 100% pro-life is extreme, but Obama being rated 100% pro-choice is not?

So you are fine with:

(1) Babies that are accidentally born alive and healthy enough to live, but were meant to be aborted, to be carted off to a room to die alone.

(2) Consider a boyfriend beating his girlfriend in the stomach to kill a baby a week before its due date, mind you that the mom wants to keep the baby. You are fine with the position that this is merely an assault on a woman - heinous crime, but essentially small punishment and not the murder of a human being that easily could have been born alive on the very day that the attack occurred had it not.

When Obama Voted For Infanticide - By Andrew C. McCarthy - The Corner - National Review Online

Fact is, it takes a lot more than a VP and even a President to change abortion policy.

The best solution is somewhere in the middle of each side to be honest with my opinion.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So Ryan being rated 100% pro-life is extreme, but Obama being rated 100% pro-choice is not?

So you are fine with:

(1) Babies that are accidentally born alive and healthy enough to live, but were meant to be aborted, to be carted off to a room to die alone.

(2) Consider a boyfriend beating his girlfriend in the stomach to kill a baby a week before its due date, mind you that the mom wants to keep the baby. You are fine with the position that this is merely an assault on a woman - heinous crime, but essentially small punishment and not the murder of a human being that easily could have been born alive on the very day that the attack occurred had it not.

When Obama Voted For Infanticide - By Andrew C. McCarthy - The Corner - National Review Online

Fact is, it takes a lot more than a VP and even a President to change abortion policy.
Seriously? You are bringing up stuff that was proven to be a complete lie before the previous election and hoping that that is going to work for you this time around? Go research what other laws were already on the book for that very kind of situation.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM

3,699 posts, read 5,013,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Unfortunately I know exactly what you mean without doing that. But Paul Ryan, in my opinion, is nothing at all like Sarah Palin.

The Palin Choice was a bomb all the way around not counting her personality and other issuses(biblical or otherwise).

Mccain was running on experince yet you pick an VP with little experice? Underminded his message.

Mccain was an older candidate he needed someone people could feel comfortable with. Not Palin, she is like Quayle.

Mccain choose a VP very late in the game. He needed someone who could handle the media well. A half term governer from a far state, who was formerly a small town mayor does not have much national media experince.

She would have had to come out walking on water for it to work. He could have choosen a less experinced candidate early on and let he/she get some media legs if that person was a quick learner but not late in the game like that.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 PM

26,587 posts, read 15,157,406 times
Quote:
Seriously? You are bringing up stuff that was proven to be a complete lie before the previous election and hoping that that is going to work for you this time around? Go research what other laws were already on the book for that very kind of situation.
Maybe it is a lie - I don't know. Can you show me a link to prove it? Was it a lie, because he was 'protecting doctors' and the infanticide happened to be the issue? You can read Obama's own words on the state rolls from Illinois on the link.

Are you also disputing Obama's 100% pro-choice rating? Is a rating of 100% on a touchy, controversial, and fairly split issue not somewhat extreme?

Old 08-16-2012, 09:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,230,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Yeah but ask them WHAT you want to cut to balance it and you get differences.
Yeah, but show us the numbers and if the cuts are big enough, they'll get approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections