Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 07:29 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,473,545 times

Advertisements

I think the delegates with any sense of ethics and morals should just not show up at the convention. With Romney having to resort to such despicable tactics to try to become the RNC nominee disenfranchising the other potential nominees to the degree he has, I think the RNC should see that actions like these have consequences. Let it be that only the 50 true blue Romney Delegates show up for the convention and everyone else boycott it.

Look at what Romney's had to do for 6 months.

Reality Check: RNC Pulling Out All Stops To Keep Ron Paul's Name Out Of Nomination - YouTube!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,192 times
I am truly embarrassed for you.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am truly embarrassed for you.
You think the delegates should go along with this? They should just throw their morals out the window and just do what the RNC tells them to do?

Why are you embarrassed for ME?

I feel sorry for you that you seem incapable of seeing any wrong doing in everything that has gone on. Any candidate behind so much wrong doing doesn't deserve to be nominated. Isn't your apparent position an ironic position from someone whose user name is "stay informed"? What good does it do to stay informed if all you are going to end up doing is going along with the sheeple like it sounds like you'd advocate?

Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think the delegates with any sense of ethics and morals should just not show up at the convention. With Romney having to resort to such despicable tactics to try to become the RNC nominee disenfranchising the other potential nominees to the degree he has, I think the RNC should see that actions like these have consequences. Let it be that only the 50 true blue Romney Delegates show up for the convention and everyone else boycott it.

Reality Check: RNC Pulling Out All Stops To Keep Ron Paul's Name Out Of Nomination - YouTube!
Let's be clear: Mitt Romney has the RNC nomination wrapped up no matter what you Ron Paulian blow hards say, think, or do. Give it a rest.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,525,470 times
Amen, stayinformed, to both comments.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Let's be clear: Mitt Romney has the RNC nomination wrapped up no matter what you Ron Paulian blow hards say, think, or do. Give it a rest.
What is your definition of "wrapped up"? If it was truly "wrapped up" there wouldn't be any disputes from the delegates or need to change the rules or 6 months of "Reality Check" reports exposing the OUTRIGHT FRAUD and CHEATING Romney has had to engage in. You think all of this is fair and above board?

Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
What is your definition of "wrapped up"? If it was truly "wrapped up" there wouldn't be any disputes from the delegates or need to change the rules or 6 months of "Reality Check" reports exposing the OUTRIGHT FRAUD and CHEATING Romney has had to engage in. You think all of this is fair and above board?
I think America has made it clear that we don't want Ron Paul for our President. Any attempt to thwart Romney is an attempt to re-seat Barack Obama. And for that reason, I have lost respect for Pauls supporters.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think America has made it clear that we don't want Ron Paul for our President.
Yes! And more than once.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,959,296 times
It doesn't matter if you support Dr. Paul or not. The fact that the RNC has changed its rules midstream, removed duly elected delegates and replaced them with Romney's cronies and have now voted that they can change rules anytime, anywhere and at the whim of Romney is downright frightening. You may think it's all a-ok because you didn't want Dr. Paul to win, but it fortells a dangerous precedence. These aren't harmless shenanigans; they are undermining the involvement of American citizens right to vote for who they want. It's a slippery slope towards dictatorship.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:

what are you going to do when next week is over and Paul is no longer even an issue. Will you keep telling us, how bad the RNC is and how Paul will still find a way to win? Or will you finally realize he did not get the nomination..I would think Santorum's turning his delegates over would be enough for you to accept what was obvious to the majority of Republicans months ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections