Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 08:07 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
How does one inherit a war almost four years later.... Let's face it - Afghanistan is
Obama's war now - so when is he bringing our troops home? 2014/2024
Do you have ANY idea what a huge project it is to dismantle the apparatus and bring out all the equipment/ammo/soldiers/support staff from a war zone? It took months and months to bring all that home from Iraq.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Typical of how the Left operates, totally on hearsay from biased sources. I saw Mia Love, Condi Rice (who is not a candidate for anything) and Artur Davis on FOX. I watched the final evening on C-SPAN and wished I had watched the whole convention that way - no commercials, no interruptions with interviews - as though I was there on the convention floor.

I plan on watching the DNC on C-SPAN as well. I don't need talking heads putting their spin on what is being said.
Im not on the left...but its typical of those on the deep right or left to make silly assumpions about someone they don't know. I don't really care who wins this time. Neither is my cup of tea.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
They're so jealous they can't stand it. And the libs fall for it and run around spewing it like it's truth. Look at this very thread and how many of the same people on the left keep saying the same boring things over and over and over. They're trying to convince themselves and each other. Meanwhile, they're stuck with Sandra Flook.

In reality, Repubs loved Clint's sketch. And unlike dems, Repubs comprehended it.
Oh, I'm sure Repugs comprehended it...LOL!
Especially the sign to cut Obama's throat, the guns in the background(although why Eastwood didn't have a gun on his hip is mystifying, didn't Repugs allow guns?????), the vulgar and tasteless referral to "go F yourself", the stammering, the fear of an empty chair....yup, Democrats didn't get it, you're right....

Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Default Clint Eastwood says it like it is

Yes his skit was interesting but in Clint Eastwood style, he says it like it is

We — we own this country. We — we own it.

It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.*And — so — they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that.

And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
maybe if the OP will stop PWI (posting while intoxicated ) people will understand his ignorant rants ?

Old 09-01-2012, 08:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
How does one inherit a war almost four years later.... Let's face it - Afghanistan is
Obama's war now - so when is he bringing our troops home? 2014/2024
YOUR BUSH was told by many that invading Iraq would lead to more and more war and turmoil in the Middle East. HE started the whole damn mess....how STUPID to think it would be a "three week cakewalk" as BUSH'S man said it would, only an IDIOT would think you could snap your fingers and it would be over.

It is ALL BUSH'S!

Senile old Clint rambled incoherently about the war, displaying his ignorance ....but so do most Repugnants!!!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Do you have ANY idea what a huge project it is to dismantle the apparatus and bring out all the equipment/ammo/soldiers/support staff from a war zone? It took months and months to bring all that home from Iraq.
Just like the GOP was claiming that Obama's policies were a failure 42 DAYS INTO HIS PRESIDENCY.

Here's Bill O'Reilly on March 2, 2009: "The economy is so bad, and so shaky, and the Obama vision has not worked at all. Zero."

He said this six weeks into Obama's term. It took at the very least eight years to get to that crisis point, but the GOP was already railing at Obama for not cleaning up that huge mess in the first two months of his presidency. So it's no surprise they would also fault him for not dragging us out of the huge quagmire THEY got us into in the Iraq and Afghanistan fast enough.

The GOP--making messes and then blaming everyone else for not cleaning them up fast enough.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Yet Republicans were willing to let Bush have 4 more years and all he did was run up the national debt with his unfunded wars...which is a big part of why we're in the mess we're in today.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Clint is a republican, and like most republicans, is a looney.
He might not be, but he came across as one with that chair.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:46 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Clearly Clint Eastwood has age-related slowing of his speech patterns. His biting, comedic routine could have been delivered by a younger person in half the time. Nevertheless, he didn't stray off-topic; his thought processes are still intact and right on target. I loved the line about we're the boss--politicians work for us; we don't work for them and when someone doesn't do they job they were hired to do, it's time to let them go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections