Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,878,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Oh wait, wait, wait. So when Rasmussen had Romney +3 after the RNC, there was no bounce, but now that Obama is up 3, there is a bounce. Do liberals not understand the concept of "double standard"?
Who would look at Rasmussen for any poll info? Gallop had Romney with 1 point bounce but I think the consensus of legit pollsters, was -1. I heard Gallup has Obama up 3, but can't get to the site myself. I don't think many other pollsters have reported on Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM

487 posts, read 383,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ok, I know "polls don't matter."

That said, I check Rasmussen and Gallup daily, just "to see."

And, post the RNC, I kept looking for that post-convention bounce that presidential candidates typically get. Over the last week, I saw Romney inch up another point or two over Obama, to take a four point lead at Rasmussen. At Gallup, I think they were tied.

Also at Gallup, President Obama's approval/disapproval rating was equal (47%).

I kept checking, every day, expecting Willard's bounce to happen "any minute."

This morning, twelve hours after President Obama's acceptance speech, at Gallup, his approval/disapproval rating is now 52% approval, disapproval 43%. And they have President Obama up three points over Romney.

Over at Rasmussen, Mittens is still leading, but the gap is closing, with Obama now only down by one!

So.......less than a day after the close of the convention, President Obama is showing a definite "bounce" - you know, the "bounce" that Willard didn't get.

Will it continue? I don't know. Will it make a difference come November? Maybe, maybe not.

I just find it interesting.
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? If you look at RCP Romney has been closing the gap for the last several weeks. A month ago, Obama was ahead by 3-4 points. So, exactly what "gap" is Obama closing? I didn't know that he wad in the retail business...

The trend is currently in Romney's favor. The Obama campaign blew most of their money over the summer whereas the Tomney team is just getting started.

By the way, did you happen to notice today's jobs numbers?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:33 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The ratings are in for Obama’s speech last night. NBC’s ratings were off 5%compared to 2008. Of course NBC has very low ratings to start with.

CBS’s ratings were off 31% and ABC’s ratings were off 50%.

Are the people finally getting sick and tired of Obama?
My understanding is that the networks only showed an hour or so of the convention, so most democratic viewers watched MSNBC instead so they could see the whole thing live.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...usaolp00000003

MSNBC President Phil Griffin On Convention Ratings Victory: 'Nobody Thought We Could Do This'

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM

As for the poll--I wouldn't get too excited just yet, but it's nice momentum moving into the debates.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,481,919 times
It's Advantage Romney After Obama Fails To Move The Needle

Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,963,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
As for the poll--I wouldn't get too excited just yet, but it's nice momentum moving into the debates.
Oh my! A realist!

Folks on here are hilarious with the poll riding.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Nice try, but you're not going to see the bounce impact in the polls for a day or two yet. That's why the Gallup poll kind of surprises me.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post

By the way, did you happen to notice today's jobs numbers?
Yup - not great but there was some job creation (93,000).

We would all like to see more - well, the Romney campaign, as well as their supporters, obviously don't want to see an improvement.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM

876 posts, read 710,011 times
Quote:
Ok, I know "polls don't matter."

That said, I check Rasmussen and Gallup daily, just "to see."

And, post the RNC, I kept looking for that post-convention bounce that presidential candidates typically get. Over the last week, I saw Romney inch up another point or two over Obama, to take a four point lead at Rasmussen. At Gallup, I think they were tied.

Also at Gallup, President Obama's approval/disapproval rating was equal (47%).

I kept checking, every day, expecting Willard's bounce to happen "any minute."

This morning, twelve hours after President Obama's acceptance speech, at Gallup, his approval/disapproval rating is now 52% approval, disapproval 43%. And they have President Obama up three points over Romney.

Over at Rasmussen, Mittens is still leading, but the gap is closing, with Obama now only down by one!

So.......less than a day after the close of the convention, President Obama is showing a definite "bounce" - you know, the "bounce" that Willard didn't get.

Will it continue? I don't know. Will it make a difference come November? Maybe, maybe not.

I just find it interesting.
I LOVE the polls that have obama up. I hope it keeps up. The people that I know that voted for obama before are not as excited this time. They say that they will vote for him, but if they believe that he is up anyway, they may just go do something else on Nov 6th instead. People may say in a poll that they would vote for a particular candidate, but you can't vote over the phone anyway.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM

876 posts, read 710,011 times
Quote:
Yup - not great but there was some job creation (93,000).

We would all like to see more - well, the Romney campaign, as well as their supporters, obviously don't want to see an improvement.
I'm a Romney supporter and I very much want to see jobs created!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections