Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know "polls don't matter."

That said, I check Rasmussen and Gallup daily, just "to see."

And, post the RNC, I kept looking for that post-convention bounce that presidential candidates typically get. Over the last week, I saw Romney inch up another point or two over Obama, to take a four point lead at Rasmussen. At Gallup, I think they were tied.

Also at Gallup, President Obama's approval/disapproval rating was equal (47%).

I kept checking, every day, expecting Willard's bounce to happen "any minute."

This morning, twelve hours after President Obama's acceptance speech, at Gallup, his approval/disapproval rating is now 52% approval, disapproval 43%. And they have President Obama up three points over Romney.

Over at Rasmussen, Mittens is still leading, but the gap is closing, with Obama now only down by one!

So.......less than a day after the close of the convention, President Obama is showing a definite "bounce" - you know, the "bounce" that Willard didn't get.

Will it continue? I don't know. Will it make a difference come November? Maybe, maybe not.

I just find it interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Polls don't mean anything in the real world. I still, to this day don't know a single person that has been polled EVER!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

And, post the RNC, I kept looking for that post-convention bounce that presidential candidates typically get. Over the last week, I saw Romney inch up another point or two over Obama, to take a four point lead at Rasmussen. At Gallup, I think they were tied.

This morning, twelve hours after President Obama's acceptance speech, at Gallup, his approval/disapproval rating is now 52% approval, disapproval 43%. And they have President Obama up three points over Romney.

Over at Rasmussen, Mittens is still leading, but the gap is closing, with Obama now only down by one!

So.......less than a day after the close of the convention, President Obama is showing a definite "bounce" - you know, the "bounce" that Willard didn't get.

Will it continue? I don't know. Will it make a difference come November? Maybe, maybe not.

I would like to bump the 52% job approval because some on here have been saying for months that he is below 50%. I wonder what will be said now

Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Polls don't mean anything in the real world. I still, to this day don't know a single person that has been polled EVER!
I have. Now you almost do know someone

Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Now you know two! Our household has been polled as well.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM

7,924 posts, read 9,148,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I would like to bump the 52% job approval because some on here have been saying for months that he is below 50%. I wonder what will be said now
Hey, did you get to go to the acceptance speech or were you collateral damage to the site being moved?

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
I have. Now you almost do know someone
I was polled a few months ago. And it's not the first time I've ever been called, though it was the first time in this particular election season. So now you almost know two people.

Edited to add: I didn't see Zimar's post--that makes three! I guess those polls are real after all...

Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,595,280 times
Lightbulb hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Perhaps the President's message has begun to resonate...

Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,988 times
Quote:
JT was saying his approval rating was like 40 percent in another thread yesterday. So I asked for a link and got berated by some other Pub.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Hey, did you get to go to the acceptance speech or were you collateral damage to the site being moved?
I was collateral damage but they made the right call. Yesterdays weather was a mess. Storms and pouring rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections