Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 AM

172 posts, read 267,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Unless we start being civil to each other nothing will be accomplished.
You are correct, but Democrats have been anything but civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,734 times
Of course he said that. Clint helped Obama, and harmed Mitt.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,372,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarq81 View Post
Angry old white people? Tell that to Mia Love, Allan West, Susanna Martinez, Marco Rubio, Arthur Lewis, and Herman Cain.
No offense but that is pretty much all the minorities in the GOP.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:53 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,372,026 times
Quote:
You are correct, but Democrats have been anything but civil.
really? the DNC was pretty uplifting and positive. IMO

Old 09-08-2012, 11:22 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,824,130 times
Default What Can We Learn From Empty-Chair-Gate?

So here's Clint Eastwood's explanation of why his speech was so... well, it was bad:

Quote:
‘‘They've got this crazy actor who’s 82 years old up there in a suit,’’ he said. ‘‘I was a mayor, and they’re probably thinking I know how to give a speech, but even when I was mayor I never gave speeches. I gave talks.’’

Eastwood said he was told to speak for five minutes but he said it was difficult to gauge time and there weren’t any signals or cues telling him to wrap up. He ended up speaking for about 12 minutes.
Wait a second. Let's consider this for a moment. Romney has raised hundreds of millions of dollars. He has the ability to hire the smartest people he could possibly want to work on his campaign...

And no one thought to ask Clint Eastwood anything about his speech? No one considered that he wasn't a politician, and made sure he had even the most broad outline or script? No one could call him on the phone and be like "Hi Mr. Eastwood, I love your movies, and I wanted to ask you if you need any help with your speech or could use a sounding board for it." No one thought to ask him for an outline or a couple of points? They just automatically deferred to him? They just assumed that, when the speech would be leading into Romney's comments and was VERY VERY important? No one even talked to him about TIMING CUES?? You have timing cues in high school speech and debate, and they couldn't manage it at the freaking Republican National Convention??

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Apparently all the money in the world cannot buy competence. Romney cannot seem to hire really smart people or manage a campaign, how would he do in the Presidency?

Eastwood talks about convention chat with chair - News - Boston.com

Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 AM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Sometimes, the artist and his works outshine the person - particularly for great artists like Clint Eastwood.

This might be one of those cases. I will certainly keep enjoying Clint Eastwood's works and hold him in the greatest esteem for the way he has enriched us - even if his performance at the RNC was a bit on the eccentric side.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,400,054 times
Quote:
Angry old white people? Tell that to Mia Love, Allan West, Susanna Martinez, Marco Rubio, Arthur Lewis, and Herman Cain.
Wow. If they got Arthur Lewis that would be one heck of a trick since the St. Lucian economist died in 1991. Perhaps you mean Artur Davis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections