Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Boy, THAT was fast! Usually, it takes two or three days for my predictions to come true!

Obscure Film Mocking Muslim Prophet Sparks Anti-U.S. Protests in Egypt and Libya - NYTimes.com

The film was produced in California by an Israeli "film maker" (yeahrite ), bankrolled by 700 wealthy Israeli "donors", who chipped in $5 mil.

Wonder if one of the doners was named "Sheldon Adelson"???

Look how quick the RW propaganda machine started its "Carter II" BS- coincidence???

Stay tuned... We'll see what ELSE Bibi has up his sleeves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Uhhh? People have been referring to Obama as Carter since the beginning.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,576 times
Yeah, but why would anyone want to vote for a President and a VP with ZERO foreign policy experience if stuff like this is going on?

I cant see how this would benefit Romney.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Yeah, but why would anyone want to vote for a President and a VP with ZERO foreign policy experience if stuff like this is going on?

I cant see how this would benefit Romney.
It's the classic Karl Rove strategy, hit your enemy where he thinks is his greatest strength, like the Swiftboat ads that challenged Kerry's war record. In this case, creating an "incident" and stoking muslim anti-US sentiment would be a perfect opportunity to attack Obama's handling of the situation and his obviously greater foreign policy experience.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Boy, THAT was fast! Usually, it takes two or three days for my predictions to come true!

Obscure Film Mocking Muslim Prophet Sparks Anti-U.S. Protests in Egypt and Libya - NYTimes.com

The film was produced in California by an Israeli "film maker" (yeahrite ), bankrolled by 700 wealthy Israeli "donors", who chipped in $5 mil.

Wonder if one of the doners was named "Sheldon Adelson"???

Look how quick the RW propaganda machine started its "Carter II" BS- coincidence???

Stay tuned... We'll see what ELSE Bibi has up his sleeves!
Whew sure am glad Soros is not bankrolling the other side.Billionaire George Soros was a Nazi… « Cyber Cossack

Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
It's the classic Karl Rove strategy, hit your enemy where he thinks is his greatest strength, like the Swiftboat ads that challenged Kerry's war record. In this case, creating an "incident" and stoking muslim anti-US sentiment would be a perfect opportunity to attack Obama's handling of the situation and his obviously greater foreign policy experience.
I dont disagree that thats the strategy, but I dont know that it is necessarily what they would consider their greatest strength....plus in this instance that logic is like saying "well, the guys with experience arent handling this perfectly, so lets vote in someone who has never dealt with anything like this ever".

Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Understood, although compared to Carter, Reagan had no foreign policy experience either and yet ran on Carter's handling of the hostage crisis and the bad economy. Also it's not difficult imagining a few well-publicized images of Obama being burned in effigy either!
BTW, the comparison doesn't have to be quite as dramatic as Carter's situation, but shaving away a few strategic votes in a close race certainly can't hurt!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
This is just another one of Ann Coulter's b.s stories. Some Nazi collaborator! Soros was 14 years old fergodsakes, when he admitted posing as a christian, rather than being hauled away by the SS for being the Hungarian Jew that he was (in fact he lost many relatives that way during the war)!

And BTW, what's this have to do with the OP (oh, that's right, its about "Jews", and a lib-rul one at that... and to wingnuts, all joos are alike)?!
Just for the record, I support Israel politically, and think that it's security is important, for geopolitical and moral reasons.

But the recklessness of the RW in Israel is jeopardizing OUR national security. I'd LOVE to see an investigation into the role Israel and its agents in the US government played in GWB 's invasion of Iraq.

The Israeli tail has been wagging the American dog since Reagan. Our $3.5 billion in military aid annually is the only reason Israel still exists. We should insist on some respect and cooperation in return for our tax money. Obama does a good job of putting Netanyahu in his place.

That's why Bibi wants Romney- someone so scared of the Evangelical RW, that he will roll over and play dead for the Likud.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Uhhh? People have been referring to Obama as Carter since the beginning.
I'm aware of that. I meant in response to today's incidents. The GOP is obviously trying to get Americans to draw a line between today's relatively mild incursions, and the 1979 seizure of the embassy and taking of hostages in Tehran. Hence, the fresh "Carter" slurs.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 PM

I dunno....I dont disagree that this is the sort of thing that could be used for GOP political gain, but I cant really buy it being a laid out conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections