Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

I predicted Akin will still be strong in Missouri even after all the hoopla about his statement. I predict this backlash will transfer up ballot into the presidential race. The media's craven support for Obama is disgraceful. The GOP elites going along with it is also disgraceful.

Citizens United poll shows Akin leading in Missouri - POLITICO.com

Quote:
A poll commissioned by Citizens United's political arm shows Todd Akin leading Sen. Claire McCaskill in Missouri.
The poll by the CU political victory fund and conducted by Wenzel Strategies, shows Akin ahead by almost 5 points. Mitt Romney leads President Obama by 20 points.
It's a private poll for group with an interest in the outcome of the race, but the CU is also an established force on the right.
"In a state where John McCain won by a mere 4,000 votes in 2008, it is clear that the tide has shifted decisively toward the Republican column in 2012," said CU president David Bossie. "Missourians say 'show me' the results, and it's clear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I predicted Akin will still be strong in Missouri even after all the hoopla about his statement. I predict this backlash will transfer up ballot into the presidential race. The media's craven support for Obama is disgraceful. The GOP elites going along with it is also disgraceful.

I never thought I'd see a strong conservatve argue that Mitt Romney condemining Akin was a good thinng. How badly do you think the backalash is going to hurt Mitt?

Citizens United is an organization dedicated to restoring our government to citizens' control. Through a combination of education, advocacy, and grass roots organization, Citizens United seeks to reassert the traditional American values of limited government, freedom of enterprise, strong families, and national sovereignty and security

I find a group that believes in limited government supporting a member who wants to use government to control a woman's ability to abort a child that resulted from some legitimate rape to be fascinating.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-13-2012 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
[quote=70Ford;26072322]I never thought I'd see a strong conservatve argue that Mitt Romney condemining Akin was a good thinng. How badly do you think the backalash is going to hurt Mitt?

Citizens United is an organization dedicated to restoring our government to citizens' control. Through a combination of education, advocacy, and grass roots organization, Citizens United seeks to reassert the traditional American values of limited government, freedom of enterprise, strong families, and national sovereignty and security

I find a group that believes in limited government supporting a member who wants to use government to control a woman's ability to abort a child that resulted from some legitimate rape to be fascinating.

That CU poll is heavily R biased--I'd take a look at the other more neutral polling firms before I get too excited. That said, I think there are enough teavangelicals in Missouri that this will be a tight race--McCaskill had zero shot before this, and now she has a decent chance of winning, especially since she can outspend him. The big game changer will be if all the R funders who condemned Akin come back and start dumping money in his campaign because they think he has a shot at winning.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-13-2012 at 08:09 AM..

Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,267 times
I believe no polls anymore. None of them.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:

Akin is still (slightly) behind in most polls.

I hope he loses, for all our sakes, but especially for the sake of whatever reasonable people reside in Missouri. It will be a major humiliation for them, to have that tool representing them in the US Senate

Old 09-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times
Missouri has slowly been turning ever more "red" than it was before. Remember that this was also one of the last states to give up slavery, and part of the state is still called Little Dixie! Added to that has been a growing influx of retirees and other folks fleeing the more "lib-rul", and more expensive states like California and WA State (in fact you'll see many of those retirees still railing about lib-ruls and illegals on those state threads here... albeit complaining from "Possum Holler", MO or wherever)!

Of course the irony is that because it's so cheap to live there, MO has also become a popular destination for those same "illegals"!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:

There's no way Romney is up 20 in Missouri. Romney will win Missouri, but not by that much. I would need to see some other polls besides that one. That seems way off.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
Quote:

And the quality of that poll? Romney over Obama by 20%? In Missouri? When the consensus of polls have it around Romney +5 or +6?

Jeez, even today's Rasmussen poll has Romney only ahead by 3 in the state. And yesterday they put McCaskill at +6.

Yeah.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Akin is still (slightly) behind in most polls.

I hope he loses, for all our sakes, but especially for the sake of whatever reasonable people reside in Missouri. It will be a major humiliation for them, to have that tool representing them in the US Senate
It is a worse humiliation to have the corrupt tool who is Air Claire McCaskill. Air Claire is a rubber stamp for Obama's failed policies both economic and foreign. I'd rather a pet rock sit in the Senate than Air Claire.

If she has nothing to hide then why won't she reveal the extent and names of her husbands' shell corporations. Clue: Air Claire's plane which she attempted to use to defraud taxpayers for her travel as well as deny the State of Missouri property taxes, was tied to one of these shell corporations.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
Wow just when I thought Republicans couldn't get stupider, they really believe a poll that has Romney is up 20% in Missouri Do conservatives actually ever think or anytime something looks good to them, they assume its true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections