Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Obviously, whether Romney knew that he was talking about seniors or not, he was talking about seniors, as they are generally the group that doesn't pay income taxes.

How can he not understand? He's a businessman and we are told that businessmen know everything about the economy.
Yep and he understands that too many people are getting government checks paid by middle class Americans and the rich. This is NOT free money and is hurting everyone and bringing everyones standard of living down.

He understands that people need and some want to work. Business people are not hiring and there is good reason for that and Romney understands why they are not hiring and wants to make changes so they will hire. What is so hard to understand about that?

It was just announced that there are yet another 1200 who will lose their jobs with the closing of 8 more coal mines. Why is that? Because Obama put too many regulations on the coal mining companies and is putting them out of business. By the way, the electric bill will also go way up. Last week there was an announcement that a company in South Carolina is closing up and moving their operations to Puerto Rico and all these employees will lose their jobs. And the list goes on and on. If this keeps going who is going to be left to pay the bill for those who do collect government checks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
That is a lie
he was talking about the 47% THAT IS Obama's base
the ones that suck our government dry by not working
not the ones that have really struggled
I am a working girl, I have never been rich and I do not hate the rich like Obama
and his slime want me to!
If you are going to twist this, then twist Obama when he was caught off gard telling PUTTIN that he will be able to do what he really wants after the election!!
Obama is what is bad for america!
Romney has a plan to get us out of this crap!

I am part of Obama's base. I work for a living, own a home, six figure household income and pay taxes. I have struggled before. This is where people like yourself go wrong, making assumptions about Obama's base and assuming that we are a bunch of welfare recipients looking for handouts. Another thing you fail to realize is that many of those people that do not pay taxes are on disability, social security and have served in the military. Romney is an elitist, he does not care about the American people, he cares about money - saying that he cares about getting the country on track or even has a plan is a twist.

By the way, did you hear how long he said it would take when asked about his plan? He said it would take 8-10 years to balance the budged. Why is it that right-wingers expected Obama to do it over night? Obama has a plan too, but people who refuse to listen and prejudged him wouldn't know that. Romney has flip flopped all over the place. He changes his plan based on which way the wind is blowing. Don't believe me, just listen to his inteviews and debates over the years. Do some research rather than simply parroting what someone else says.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why are the 61% who actually work not paying any federal income tax?

So poor people who work, but can't afford to pay their rent without government assistance should pay taxes? Then what, ask for the tax money back in the form of more government assistance?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
The poor are beasts. Message understood.
The democrats consider the poor live stock on their plantation fenced in by entitlements

Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I am part of Obama's base. I work for a living, own a home, six figure household income and pay taxes. I have struggled before. This is where people like yourself go wrong, making assumptions about Obama's base and assuming that we are a bunch of welfare recipients looking for handouts. Another thing you fail to realize is that many of those people that do not pay taxes are on disability, social security and have served in the military. Romney is an elitist, he does not care about the American people, he cares about money - saying that he cares about getting the country on track or even has a plan is a twist.

By the way, did you hear how long he said it would take when asked about his plan? He said it would take 8-10 years to balance the budged. Why is it that right-wingers expected Obama to do it over night? Obama has a plan too, but people who refuse to listen and prejudged him wouldn't know that. Romney has flip flopped all over the place. He changes his plan based on which way the wind is blowing. Don't believe me, just listen to his inteviews and debates over the years. Do some research rather than simply parroting what someone else says.
Obama has nearly 4 years and made things worse. He's had a lot more chance than just over night.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Is the left really using this as their wedge while Obama is still claiming that the Ambassador killing was over a movie?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
In December 2009, the New York Times published a series of related articles showing that poor whites across Appalachia and the Mississippi Delta and through the Midwest, Deep South and Texas borderlands were the highest percentage of Americans relying on the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), or food stamp, program.

According to the New York Times, 36 million Americans relied on food stamps. More than 24 million of them were white, 8 million were African American and 6 million were Hispanic of any race.
Did any of those millions end up paying anything in income taxes?

I just read an interesting article by Ezra Klein in the WAPO in which he did the normal left leaning spin of what that 47% of people do that doesn't result in payment of income tax but people of the leaner group understand it the way he tells it, with a very important part of the truth omitted. Klein said that many of those people pay withholding taxes but he forgets to say that every bit of that comes back to them in what is called Earned Income Credit. It is kind of like having the federal government saving for them over the time of one year.

Did you see where this whole thing originated today? Why Mother Jones, of course. I found many articles on google from such outstandingly true places as Daily Kos, WAPO and on and on. Left leaners are hard at work trying to make it sound like Romney just put out that video in the last week. In actuality he made that video last spring so why do they attempt to twist and turn it like they do?

Hey, leaners, it doesn't sound to me like the Obamas are really sure they can win.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Why worry about a link? Just listen to his speeches. If you don't make more than $100K, he's not even thinking of you.... Except for your vote.
Why do leaners get a free pass on links when we of the other side are always asked for links by leaners? You haven't been around these digs long, have you?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Many of these 'parasites' are retired peope, and veterans of our wars, while others work, but their salaries are so low that their total tax ends up at zero. Yes, many of them are Republicans, and they must be wondering why Romney resents them.
Very typical leaner post.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
With the exception of Idaho,the red states highlighted are also home to the highest percentages of Blacks and Hispanics in the country.

Another liberal taling point that fails miserably.
They don't have much trouble convincing leaners with their talking points, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections