Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
The Palestinian people want peace (or at least stability). Its their leaders that don't.
I won't argue that.

Quote:
The Israelis have made deal after deal. Gaza was the litmus test. All the Jews packed up and left. For at least that moment in time Gaza was an independent country. There were investments ready to proceed to plant the seed of a Palestinian state. And what happened? They started shooting rockets out of Gaza into Israel and all the checkbooks closed.

Romneys statement was true to a point. There will be no peace unless the Palestinian leaderships are willing to give something up.
There is only one thing they need to give up and that is not going to happen. They have to give up their insistence that Israel no longer exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 01:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Every time anyone makes an attempt at peace it is the Palestinians that dismiss and undermine it. Clinton gave it a good effort at the end of his term to try and rehabilitate his legacy but it ended up being a complete waste of time.

Senior Palestinian negotiators said today that the Palestinian Authority rejected U.S. President Bill Clinton’s proposals as a basis for ending conflict with Israel.

Every single time.

Palestinians Reject Clinton Plan - ABC News
Both Israel and Palestine are run by a mafia like authority. You can't win with these guys..everything is about the selfish interests of a few- The people are pandered to but in reality ignored...It is impossible that Palestinians and Israelis...have not been successful in getting along...They are blocked from doing so by jerks in power..Both of these little nations are held hostage by crooks.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
If the governing heads were removed in Israel- and the same was done in Palestine..and we gave the people a cooling down period of three months. Then we let them fend for themselves as far as governance...They would get along just fine. Cut throat opportunist feast on this little area in the middle east like parasitic predators. The problem is not the people ....the people on both sides of the wall are good...It's the controllers....If there was a new policy with the Palestinians and Israelis...it should be that America deal directly with the common every day person...and boycott the gangsters who hide behind Islam and Judism.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I won't argue that.

There is only one thing they need to give up and that is not going to happen. They have to give up their insistence that Israel no longer exist.

I think that has been fairly obvious.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Both Israel and Palestine are run by a mafia like authority. You can't win with these guys..everything is about the selfish interests of a few- The people are pandered to but in reality ignored...It is impossible that Palestinians and Israelis...have not been successful in getting along...They are blocked from doing so by jerks in power..Both of these little nations are held hostage by crooks.
Israel hasn't blocked any agreements. Palestine will accept nothing sort of the end of Israel and no, of course, Israel is not going to accept that.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Why do you continue to attack those of us who have been there (and don't forget I was in Lebanon as a Marine too)?? We've seen the reality with our own eyes. You haven't. You thrive on your hate and propaganda. You have no clue.

I'm here in Israel now. I drove from Jerusalem through the West Bank to near the Lebanon/Syria border and I've seen nothing that you claim to exist here. A few days before I got to Israel, I was in the UAE and Jordan. The UAE treats their people well as long as you act and behave in a modest fashion. The Jordanians are ok to a point, but anger a police officer and they will publically beat the person into submission and not stop until they have built up a good sweat and this I saw with my own eyes less than a week ago.
Well here you go folks. Here you have a Neocon with dual loyalty, telling us to run along, there is nothing to see here in Israel. Everything is great.

He "drove from Jerusalem through the West Bank, to near the Lebanon border" and gives Israel an A1 rating.

They didn't kill 320 "children" in one Month alone as the UN reports, they don't spy on us as our State Department admits, they don't create propaganda videos for US voters, the don't brutalize and persecute Palestinians as scores of human rights organizations report, they don't murder Iranians scientists in terrorist attacks.

Neil saw this from his car.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Well here you go folks. Here you have a Neocon with dual loyalty, telling us to run along, there is nothing to see here in Israel. Everything is great.

He "drove from Jerusalem through the West Bank, to near the Lebanon border" and gives Israel an A1 rating.

They didn't kill 320 "children" in one Month alone as the UN reports
How many children have we killed in Afghanistan and Libya?

Quote:
, they don't spy on us as our State Department admits,
All countries spy on each other. We don't?

Quote:
they don't create propaganda videos for US voters,
Have you been watching television lately?

Quote:
the don't brutalize and persecute Palestinians as scores of human rights organizations report, they don't murder Iranians scientists in terrorist attacks.
We didn't do the same to OBL and Qaddafi?

Old 09-19-2012, 03:02 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,671,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
So far poor people are dead beats..and Palestine after all these years of trouble "is not interested in peace" Romney is so perceptive....and so prejudice...Making blanket statements makes him sound like an idiot- The guy is starting to remind me of me...I would never vote for me.
I'm all about what people actually do rather than what they say.

Paley's can rant and rave all they want about peace, but that has not been their actions towards the world.

Israel is not attacking them or taking them over and they have their own land, so time to stop being a raving mob of bums and get out and get a real job.

All they need to do is take all of that foreign aid and use it on their infrastructure and build an economy and stop spending money on launching rockets into Israel. Pretty simple.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

They didn't kill 320 "children" in one Month alone as the UN reports, they don't spy on us as our State Department admits, they don't create propaganda videos for US voters, the don't brutalize and persecute Palestinians as scores of human rights organizations report, they don't murder Iranians scientists in terrorist attacks.

Neil saw this from his car.
Keep on spewing your unsubstantiated garbage. What the US calls children is not universal around the world. When Hamas arms them with rifles or tells them to go stone Jews, then they are combatants. Any childhood they had was taken from them by Hamas. No one is listening to your 320 number anymore. They all see how in numerous countries that these kids are armed. The only reason they were catagorized as children is because they were below the age of 18.

BTW if anyone cares, yes I'm driving in Israel in a Isuzu Dmax and I was in the Golan Hts today (even got to watch a IDF drill today) and now I'm in Haifa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections