Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:29 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,183,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I'm not a thrilled Obama voter. I wanted Bush tax cuts to go away immediately in 2010, I wanted single-payer health care instead of the ACA. I am opposed to the payroll tax cut. SS can't afford it. He's been a mediocre negotiator and has given away too much to the GOP, imo.

But I will vote for President Obama because I think (hope) he's learned a thing or two the past four years - and because the alternative is like silly putty. No clue what Romney has in mind. I honestly don't think he does, either. And, the GOP has been taken over by the crackpots. And they scare me to death.

Toilet tanking away economy is due to offshoring and it won't change. Our workforce needs to retool. We are in the middle of global labor arbitrage. No matter who is President, US wages and standard of living will continue its decline until the partisanship and greed go away, and Congress works together for the good of all. May never happen, because big money always wins in the end.

IF you think Obama has learned anything at all, you are sadly mistaken. Nothing he says or does says that. He is not really dishonest about it or his motives either. It's just silly people who don't pay attention or listen to just what he does say. He is doing just what he said he wanted done to this country in his own book. Read it and then pay a little bit closer attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 03:59 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,185,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Why the heck doesn't he, at 65 yrs of age, know who he is and what he believes and what his vision is for fixing our ailments and stick to his principles?
I don't think Romney has any principles. I find that really strange. I can't think of one thing he has said that he actually will stand behind.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:17 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,990,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Has the election occured alraedy??? Only in your small mind! If I were like you, I would enjoy rubbing salt in your wounds come November 7th, but I am sure you will disappear for a time to lick them...lol.

While there is some time, there is none to waste. The electoral college is the trouble..not the raw vote. 2012 brings a weird twist..several swing states, under GOP governors, are doing far better than the nation economically, and that takes a potent weapon out of play.

Truthfully, I would love to see Romney/Ryan campaign foe the eventual repeal of the carried interest special tax rate. In 2012 forward, populism sells.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 5 days ago)

52,711 posts, read 48,015,353 times
Conservatives can't possibly be that stupid in thinking that Barry is going to win. I think it's nonsense to conclude that. Romney will win by the time the Texas votes get counted. It is going to surprise a good many of you which states Obama likely won't win. As it is, the American people are sick and tired of Barry's dodging, lying, and game-playing. It will only motivate thinking people to vote for Mitt.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,555,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Democrats are so desperate their narrative the past month has been to make it look like Romney is such a bumbling fool he could never be president. And clearly that isn't the case. Just like obama's comment when Romney denounced the US Embassy attack in Cairo and then shortly the Benghazi attack and obama said he shot first before all the facts.

Then it turns out that's exactly what obama did peddling this false narrative about a youtube video, when it turned out it was a preplanned al qaeda operation all along.

Romney might not be the best talking wizard, but how many of those people have we had that have been ineffective, such as obama? Quite a few. And what we do know is Romney is actually intelligent and has a life long record of success. We might actually put someone in the White House that knows how to run things and lead.
Romney makes himself look like a bumbling fool. He really doesn't need any help with that. That is one thing in this election that he is doing consistently.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,555,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
What desperation? Romney is a gift from above. How many candidates manage to knock themselves out without a punch from the opposition? Romney installed the torpedoes backwards and yelled "fire!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections