Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
you are giving him the benefit of the doubt that most people aren't willing to give
That's because you'd rather make things up just to try and get a reaction and cause a controversy. You guys are always putting words in people's mouths.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:49 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's because you'd rather make things up just to try and get a reaction and cause a controversy. You guys are always putting words in people's mouths.
How many times do we need to post the quote for ya??

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
Quote:
you saw what he said. no one is putting words in his mouth. you just want to believe he knows what he's talking about when he comes across as mentally challenged at times

Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
on the ground. DUH!
What would be the point of that? Just open the door and go out. This is a lot like his economic plan - short on details and not very well thought out.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
I am no Mitt fan, but come on, you had to know he meant that the windows should open in an emergency on the ground.
If I hate when they twist Obama's words- then I have to hate when they do it to anyone.
This "windows" outrage sounds just like the garbage that Limbaugh drums up against the left.
Let's all take the high road. Our country needs it.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I am no Mitt fan, but come on, you had to know he meant that the windows should open in an emergency on the ground.
If I hate when they twist Obama's words- then I have to hate when they do it to anyone.
This "windows" outrage sounds just like the garbage that Limbaugh drums up against the left.
Let's all take the high road. Our country needs it.
So people are going to jump? Did you ever look how far it is to the ground from a commercial jet? And how many of us could fit through the window in the first place? Babies would fit. We could toss them out on the runway. Windows would also add oxygen to a fire. Sheesh! They have emergency exits with slides. He made another stupid remark. That's all. It won't change my vote.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Show everyone here that he was talking about opening up windows while in flight.
Well, if you are not flying, you have either crashed or landed. If landed, it would be better for the people to just get off the plane rather than everyone opening windows. Fire cannot burn without oxygen.

So, obviously, he was talking about opening windows while in flight, because "...there's nowhere to go..."

Old 09-24-2012, 03:02 PM

This is just another example of Romney having a London or a Libya moment. Instead of just heaping the requisite praise on the crew and thanking God for keeping his wife safe, he goes off and says something stupid like why don't airplanes have operable windows. Mitt needs to learn restraint.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:05 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So people are going to jump? Did you ever look how far it is to the ground from a commercial jet? And how many of us could fit through the window in the first place? Babies would fit. We could toss them out on the runway. Windows would also add oxygen to a fire. Sheesh! They have emergency exits with slides. He made another stupid remark. That's all. It won't change my vote.
It won't change my vote either. Yeah it was an unthinking statement. But my point was, that THIS Obama supporter wishes we would all back down on attacking every little statement they make. These guys are human after all. (I do hold the 47% comment against him- because to me, that reflected his attitude- not just a momentary lapse in thinking.)

Just my 2cents.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:13 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Yeah ok, think with your head. I don't think he was talking about opening them while in flight!
Well, for that case, aircraft already come with a couple of well-engineered openings used for embarkation and de-embarkation. Technically known as "doors".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections