Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 PM

1,196 posts, read 842,276 times

Advertisements

The lying and spinning the empty chair obama is doing is not going to change the fact that this crashing economy has obamas' name on it

We’re never going to get Barack Obama to do math properly, but we’d like to see him figure out the difference between debt and deficit.

KROFT: The national debt has gone up sixty percent in — in the four years that you’ve been in office.

OBAMA: Well, first — first of all, Steve, I think it’s important to understand the context here. When I came into office, I inherited the biggest deficit in our history. And over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but ninety percent of that is as a consequence of two wars that weren’t paid for, as a consequence of tax cuts that weren’t paid for, a prescription drug plan that was not paid for, and then the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

Well, first of all, Kroft asked Obama about debt, not deficits. Deficits add to debt, but they’re not the same thing. The first budget might have been “inherited” — we’ll get back to that in a second — but the trillion-dollar-plus deficits in the next three years all belonged to Barack Obama.
Obamateurism of the Day « Hot Air

Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 AM

26,680 posts, read 15,237,845 times
Obama also said he would pay down the debt with half of the savings from 2 wars. You can't pay down the debt when that would total a mere 5% of the annual deficit, which means we'd be adding to the debt still, just at a slightly reduced rate. Unfortunately, his typical supporter isn't educated enough to notice the blatant lie.

P.S. Why is Obama bragging about following Bush's withdrawal timeline for Iraq and actually extending Afghanistan? From his 2008 campaign I thought he was suppose to speed up the process not drag his feet. Obama has so many broken promises.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections