Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
They have a pretty thin bench.

Maybe Cory Booker? He seems like a moderate on fiscal issues and has done a pretty good job as mayor.

The crop of Congressional Democrats is pretty horrible. None of them are really anything more than extremist left wing hacks, so I wouldn't look there.

As for governors, it's pretty clear that Martin O'Malley thinks he should be President. Hickenlooper of Colorado also might be an option because he isn't an extremist moobat like most Democrats--he even supports gun owners' rights.

The problem most Democrat elected officials have is they preside over huge fiscal messes with unsustainable entitlement programs designed to pay off Democrat-voting constituencies. Like Jerry Brown in California, Rahm Emanuel in Chicago, and countless other Democrats.

Their best hope is Andrew Cuomo, but I doubt Cuomo could ever win a primary in the extremist Democrat Party now that he's taken down the teachers' union in New York.
Probably the love child of a unicorn and liger that was raised by fairies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 12:02 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Hillary will blow every last republican out of the water (even though I hate that B)

The economy will be far better then, and it will look like we are getting Bill Clinton again.

Even Biden as his gaffe machine isn't as bad as Romney.

Plus there are quite a few democratic senators and Governors that would have a good shot.

I don't think the Dems side is slim at all. On the flip side, as this year has shown us the republicans slate is just a bunch of jokers.

Christie won't go anywhere in national politics. Would be fun though watching him run against Jerry Brown and watching Jerry Brown challenge him to a pushups match at one of the debates.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
And who would "us" be?
Anyone who's not conservative or Republican. Easily answered.

Quote:
Just curous??
Read above.

Quote:
Fyi i am not as republican as you assume. You were the one to asume that with me. My first chance to vote was for h ross. Not exactly party line... That year i would have voted clinton if there was only 2 choices. I thought h.w. was worn out and didnt want a 2nd term.
Again you're the one assuming things as I never once claimed you were Republican. What I specifically said was, "That's more of your Republican/Conservative bigotry and ignorance at play there." I'll break down that Republican/Conservative part for you.

Spelled out all the way that statement reads, "That's more of your Republican AND/OR Conservative bigotry and ignorance at play there." So no, I'm not assuming a damn thing about you, but please keep assuming things about me. It's just giving us more ammo to batter you with.

And you wonder why nobody likes your party or ideological beliefs?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Default Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
For someone who claims to not be a lib you sure act like one. I never called you a dem. I do understand quite well the law that pertains to presidential terms. But after the supreme court did with upholding obama care and add to it the very real possiblity of him adding at least 2 far left judges in term 2, the thought of a congress passing a law to change the constitution and the supreme court upholding it is not so far fetched as it was a year ago.

United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, you would need to add an amendment to nullify another. (The 22nd in this case)

So First, you would need to have a super majority of congress pass the Amendment to allow for more presidential terms.

Second, It would need to be ratified by 75% of the States.

So, in conclusion this can't happen unless Alot of people are on board from both sides. Which, of course, is not gonna happen anytime soon.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
So, the site's liberals still haven't identified a single viable Democrat candidate to take down President Romney. Except for 50 Cent.

Tells you how thin the Democrat bench is.
Not at all. There are several strong options.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/su...nted=1&_r=5&hp

Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
So you have no faith in Congress or the Supreme Court to put a halt to that? You do understand why there are two terms per president, right? Do yourself a favor and look that up because you are causing Thomas Jefferson to weep in his grave as you fancy yourself a Republican.

Also who is "King" Obama? What country does he serve over? Last I checked we have a PRESIDENT Barrack Obama who is part of the American system and has checks and balances in place.

For a Republican - you're awfully weak minded and easily controlled. I feel sorry for you.

Say hello to 4 more years of Obama.
So you now say you did not call me a republican? Look above!

Been going thru your last 60 posts and i have yet to find any that make you out as a middle moderate. Try again!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:48 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Is this like Back to the Future II where there is the alternate 1985 but there is an alternate 2016 where Romney won the 2012 election?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
They have a pretty thin bench.

Maybe Cory Booker? He seems like a moderate on fiscal issues and has done a pretty good job as mayor.

The crop of Congressional Democrats is pretty horrible. None of them are really anything more than extremist left wing hacks, so I wouldn't look there.

As for governors, it's pretty clear that Martin O'Malley thinks he should be President. Hickenlooper of Colorado also might be an option because he isn't an extremist moobat like most Democrats--he even supports gun owners' rights.

The problem most Democrat elected officials have is they preside over huge fiscal messes with unsustainable entitlement programs designed to pay off Democrat-voting constituencies. Like Jerry Brown in California, Rahm Emanuel in Chicago, and countless other Democrats.

Their best hope is Andrew Cuomo, but I doubt Cuomo could ever win a primary in the extremist Democrat Party now that he's taken down the teachers' union in New York.
Your fantasies are getting out of hand now. Let me jot your CD name down because I'm making a checklist of every repug I'm gonna call out on election night....

Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
As far as 50 Cent is concerned - he's far more reliable and legitimate than nearly the entire Republican party or any conservative you can think of.
Is Snoop Dogg ('scuse me, Snoop Lion) a Democrat? He's a successful businessman and look at all the good things he did for Youth Football...

Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,576 times
This has turned less into debate and more into trolling.

The OP knows Romney wont win at this point. The polls aren't skewed. The idea that that's the problem is a strong indication that the GOP needs to take a long hard look at itself, and completely reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections