Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Mr. Romney did not belittle them for feeling like victims. And the word "vicitm" is not insult. He is bringing it to light instead of sweeping them under the carpet like so many other politicians have done in the past.
"I can't make them take responsibility or care for their lives." .... How can you read that and not see and hear the belittling condescension? He alienated and belittled people who were working full time or had worked full time all of their lives. To imply that that werent taking responsibility for themselves. It is the height of belittling the way he characterized people who pay payroll, sales, property and other taxes but make too little or take advantage of legal tax breaks so that they are not required to pay federal income taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 07:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You know damned good and well that not all my threads come from right leaning sites. In your ignorance you missed a good Australian link with your personal ignore of Weird Website.
I'm exercising my rights as a citizen of the United States. I have the right to ignore weird websites. Were Herbert Spencer alive today I'm quite sure he'd agree.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:42 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is an opportunity to read some thoughts from an Aussie who claims to have been an Obama supporter up to now. I don't know how he feels about The One now but it seems he disagrees with the Obama campaign a lot. He talks about a real Romney's words about bludges holding a lot of truth.

***Now I’ve always been an Obama fan (except his economic track record) and had little to go on whether I like Mitt Romney or not.

But these comments instil a much higher level of respect for Mr Romney and his bold honesty even if they were politically incorrect.

The critics (largely leftist journalists) in the US and Australia harshly target him for speaking the truth. Nevertheless, isn’t it true that people should be responsible and care for their lives?***

If you don't know what a bludge is do as I did and go to our friend, Google.

Is there some hard truth in Romney’s comments? | 21st Century News
OP: "Were Romney's bigoted remarks okay? Of course they were okay because I can use the bigoted remarks against Obama because I lack morals and becasue being a bigot works for me."

Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
It's the same reason I didn't vote for Kerry I see no reason to change now...I have to be convinced someone will do a better job, not worse or the same to want to go out and vote for them...i voted third party and i may do that again if there's one i like enough i'm leaning possibly towards johnson
From what historical reference, has any president been worse for our economy then 0bama? Try not to imagine someone worse then the most, historically speaking, worst president for our economy in 70 years. we have a historically bad economy, right here and now. And to justify voting for him, you are trying to imagine someone worse? As i said earlier:

Nothing in Romney's past indicates the level of failure that we have seen with 0bama. Nothing in Romney's personal life, his professional, or public life suggest that he is unable to deliver on what people have asked of him. So why do people imagine the worst from Romney?

Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
I think I said it before, but it's worth saying again: The only thing that the non-contributors to our society hate (more than the thought of having to contribute to society) is being called out on not contributing.

Sure, go ahead: Prop up some 85 year old war veteran with 1 leg who's on retirement right now but paid into the system his whole life and pretend that all 180 some odd million of the rest of the 47% are just like him. And you know what? I'll see one or two versions of him day by day wheeling around town. I can go to a retirement community and see a good many of them, too.

But you know what else I'll see? For every 1 I see wheeling around town, I'll see 10 people holding up signs on the street corner. And on my way to the retirement home, I"ll drive past a shelter or 2 with people lined up around the block waiting for their entitlement. And if I have to go to the market for a drink on the way, I know I'll damn well see a number of the worthless ones wandering around the grocery store looking for things to buy with what is essentially my money - and you know that they didn't get there on the bus.

So don't show me the most extreme case and claim it's the typical instance.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM

876 posts, read 708,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I am not an Obama defender, so this tit for tat crap doesn't mean anything to me. Contrary to what you may or may not think President Romney is going to kick the can down the road just like every other president does.
Ooooh! I like the sound of that "President Romney" part. Well, President Romney along with Vice President Ryan will be fiscally responsible because that is what they do. That is what they know. They have a lot of experience with it. There is no reason to think that they will not work on it. Who knows if obama has even balanced his checkbook?

Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm exercising my rights as a citizen of the United States. I have the right to ignore weird websites. Were Herbert Spencer alive today I'm quite sure he'd agree.
You're right to ignore this website. Its no credible news source, founded by a known scammer who has had legal proceedings against him by ASIC (Australian Securities Investments Commission).

Where was his social contract?

http://jamiemcintyreexposed.com/?tag=jamie-mcintyre

Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I am not an Obama defender, so this tit for tat crap doesn't mean anything to me. Contrary to what you may or may not think President Romney is going to kick the can down the road just like every other president does.
Sorry, that was an uncalled for dig at obama.

I don't think Romney can afford to kick the can down the road, I don't think it's in his character to do so. He is basically a very sharp CEO, and he knows what is expected of him, and he is aware of the terrible path before us if he does not do what is expected of him. We are on the knife's edge right now.

$16 trillion is nothing to be cavalier with, as 0bama did when he referred to it as "short term debt" on Letterman; $10 trillion of that $16 was on our balance sheet four years ago. 0bama's budget proposals have it turning into $23 trillion in very short order.

The financial mess we are in is right up Romney's alley, he took financially troubled companies and turned them around. He has a lot more tools at his finger tips as president, to fix our financial mess, and i think he is up to the task, whereas 0bama has showed us that he most definitely is not.

Last edited by Wapasha; 09-27-2012 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: sorry, words were jumbled up

Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In the first place, the comment was not made on the "campaign trail."

Secondly, it was a statement of fact, and probably accurate; there are probaby 47% that will not vote for Romney no matter what (fewer, perhaps, but it was a good guess). Obama has created a dependency class. Unfortunately, that is, a large number of Americans have become slaves to government. As long as Obama is giving them free stuff, they have no reason to vote for someone else.
Umm... It was made at a fund raiser in May. That is most certainly the campaign trail. I guess he could donate all that cash to a worthy charity (something for wounded veterans would be nice) and then we could all sleep nice and soundly knowing all he was doing was having dinner with a few chums. Think he'll do that?

But on to the 47% of the people won't vote for Romney no matter what. OK. So there's 47% of the vote to President Obama. Gee. That was easy. But, uh oh. He probably ticked off a fair number of voters by insulting their Grandpa who gets Social Security. What with ol' Gramps being a "slave to government" and all. People who saw Grandpa work all his life and pay into Social Security are NOT going to like him being called a leech. So there's a pretty good chunk of votes. Then there's the people who were on the fence but don't like the fact that Romney was dumb enough to even say that when he should know everybody and his brother has a camera on their phone. If he wasn't smart enough to figure that out goodness knows what he'll do about the Middle East.

We're starting to talk BIG numbers for the President. Good. I'll be able to go to bed early on Election Night.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I think I said it before, but it's worth saying again: The only thing that the non-contributors to our society hate (more than the thought of having to contribute to society) is being called out on not contributing.

Sure, go ahead: Prop up some 85 year old war veteran with 1 leg who's on retirement right now but paid into the system his whole life and pretend that all 180 some odd million of the rest of the 47% are just like him. And you know what? I'll see one or two versions of him day by day wheeling around town. I can go to a retirement community and see a good many of them, too.

But you know what else I'll see? For every 1 I see wheeling around town, I'll see 10 people holding up signs on the street corner. And on my way to the retirement home, I"ll drive past a shelter or 2 with people lined up around the block waiting for their entitlement. And if I have to go to the market for a drink on the way, I know I'll damn well see a number of the worthless ones wandering around the grocery store looking for things to buy with what is essentially my money - and you know that they didn't get there on the bus.

So don't show me the most extreme case and claim it's the typical instance.
My question is, who would admit to being in that so called 47%? Who would admit to be a wasteoid, a leech who refuses to help himself/herself and thinks the rest of humanity owes them a free house, free food, free phone, free clothes, free internet .... well you get the picture. Who would admit to being this low of a human being? And no, I'm not talking about the truly poor, and down and out person who needs temporary assistance, nor the elderly or severely handicapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections