Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 04:56 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Soldiers fighting in the war overseas work full-time and don't pay federal income tax. They fall within 47%. Are you saying they aren't paying their fair share?
Don't be absurd. Romney was not referring to them, or the elderly on SS, or the recent high school grads trying to work their way up the ladder, or the people who are using social welfare programs for their intended purposes. He was referring to the dyed in the wool 0bama supporters, who leach off the system, and are only too willing to vote for 0bama to keep there gravy train of free stuff rolling in like wheels of government cheese.

Either way, this whole thing is a distraction by democrats, so that no one talks about the dreadful economy, and our disastrous foreign policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
This chart shows that younger voters voted in very high numbers for Obama and the older voters voted for McCain.

When someone is 20 years old and still in college, they are too young to be earning the kind of money that a 55 year old will earn. That 20 year old might be in school to be an MD but they only earned $5000 that year working part-time as an intern during the summer.

A bunch of younger voters are going to be low earners because many are still in school and others are in their first jobs that start out with lower pay. It doesn't mean they are janitors and bus drivers for their profession.
Are all those youngers going to be voting this time after all the lies they were told to get their votes the last time around? I bet very few of them return.

89,184 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Soldiers fighting in the war overseas work full-time and don't pay federal income tax. They fall within 47%. Are you saying they aren't paying their fair share?
How much of the 47% are they?

Are all 47% [it's actually 51%] fighting in the war overseas?

Old 09-27-2012, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The 47% comments will go down in political campaign history as the dumbest thing ever done by a candidate. It was AWFUL.

He's going down for the second time and right now he needs a gigantic life preserver if he's going to save his campaign. Glub, glub, glub.
In the first place, the comment was not made on the "campaign trail."

Secondly, it was a statement of fact, and probably accurate; there are probaby 47% that will not vote for Romney no matter what (fewer, perhaps, but it was a good guess). Obama has created a dependency class. Unfortunately, that is, a large number of Americans have become slaves to government. As long as Obama is giving them free stuff, they have no reason to vote for someone else.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And exactly what about that means they pay federal income tax?

If they pay no federal income tax, they're NOT paying their fair share.
I still haven't had one leaner tell me how much that fair share is. I keep asking but never get a reply. Maybe Eddie knows.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:58 PM

876 posts, read 710,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Congressional Filibuster Record by Party 1992 - 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Yeah because Congress had absolutely NOTHING to do with that.
I have never said that Congress hasn't been a problem, but obama is still the leader. Most of the responsibility should be on him. If he can not lead his Congress to get things done, then he is ineffective. People act like he is the only dang pres that has ever had to deal with a whiney Congress that doesn't want to work together. He had it good, at least, for the first two years. So, he really doesn't have any excuses. Even though he constantly makes them. My son's school had lower than average EOG tests for 2 years. It could have been because of the ineffective teachers. Could have been a number of things. But, what do you think was the first thing the school board did? Fired the principal.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I read your link and it is fairly vapid. I think many people have read your link and they just don't think much of it. Can't you accept that? You do this in every thread. You think you've found some profound statement and they are just big letdowns. The guy isn't really saying much. He talks about a social contract. As I said "no argument there." What he doesn't discuss is that Romney did a disservice to many people in the 47%.
What did he say about a social contract? Why don't you manage to understand that he said Romney should be seen different because he spoke truth. Not PC politician truth but truth.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
You're right. It's far better just to skip your threads altogether.
Or maybe do what you just did and wait for the leaners to get wound out and then jump in.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM

89,184 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are all those youngers going to be voting this time after all the lies they were told to get their votes the last time around? I bet very few of them return.
The ones with colossal student loan debts and NO jobs surely won't. They know darn well they've been burned.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If that one statement overcomes the economy, and all the other failed policies of Obama then I am sure that we will deserve whatever happens to us with another 4 years. Try to remember that this old man told you that you weren't going to like the outcome of another 4 years of Obama when he made that open mike promise to the Russians about having a lot more freedom of action after he is re-elected. Do you remember that one?
I remember, and my take from that comment was that he has things in mind, that he'd like to do, but they would anger the people, so if he is reelected, he can anger us all he wants, because he is home free, and the sky is the limit. Look what he has already done, without repercussions, he started a secret war with Libya, recess appointed people without senate consent while the senate was in session, and has rewritten laws, and refused to enforce other laws, and we sat on our hands. So, Kattie bar the door if he is reelected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections