Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

For whatever reason, President Obama declined to introduce Romney's notorious "47%" comment into last night's debate. But, as Mitt revealed to Fox News tonight, he was ready with another lie, just in case:

Romney On 47 Percent: 'I Said Something That's Just Completely Wrong' | TPM LiveWire

"You get asked hundreds of questions during a campaign. Sometimes, you just give wrong answers. I said something completely wrong"

It looks like Mighty Morphin' Mitt's Tea Party- authorized transformation into Moderate Mitt, just in time for the election, continues apace.

Any conservatives care to defend THIS flip? Especially you guys who posted "Atta boy, Mitt!!!" threads at the time?

Here's some Final Jeopardy music while we wait: Ding ding ding dinggy ding ding ding...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Gurby, how many times are you going to beat this stick? Again!,

Romney was talking to people who just contributed thousands toward his campaign. If I were to give that kind of money you better believe I would want to know how he was going to spend it. Romney simply said that he knows that Obama's solid base would not vote for him so why would he spend their money on a base he couldn't change their minds if a bomb was set off under them. Everyone knows of the Obama bandwagon.

Romney was using their campaign contribution more effectively. Using it to talk to people who may vote for him and that is exactly how he should spend the contribution money. Don't bother calling it pandering, anyone with common sense just doesn't hand over money without asking how it is going to be used.

You must be one of the 47% and in your quiet moments you will admit that you couldn't be bombed off the Obama bandwagon. If you are offended that is your issue. It does not mean he doesn't care about the middle class and poor. There are so many facts support that he does care in front of your face but you refuse to see it.

I would rather have a man in office who uses money in a smart and effective manner and where it "can" make a difference than a man who throws money at things that won't change things. Now, get off the broken record and move onto something that has substance. I will not answer your ridiculous remarks after this.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Good work Romney way to be prepared. Maybe Obama should take some pointers from you next time around!!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Romney was talking about "free phoners" who would never ever vote for him. He meant that as far as his campaign was concerned he didn't care about them, ie. waste campaign resources trying for votes he could never get. His mistake was using the 47% number. The people that only want to be on the public dole is a much smaller percent, but there are plenty of free phoners.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 AM

380 posts, read 376,842 times
"skywalker58 Wrote: 12 minutes ago (8:09 AM)

I get so tired of the 47% comment. "We have it on tape! We have it on tape!" Yeah, you have a comment where 47% is mentioned in relation to the number of people that don't pay income taxes intermingled with comments about a dependent class who will vote for Obama no matter what. He was not dismissing 47% of the country you idiot. He didn't say he didn't "care" about them. He said he was not worried about those getting government assistance because the government is taking care of them and no, they won't vote for Romney if they think he would cut the assistance off or make them work for it. You and everyone on your network are clueless, misguided, self absorbed tools."

Saw this very late last night. Forgot where I got it, possibly MSNBC. Not quoting for truth, but as another take on it.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Romney was talking about "free phoners" who would never ever vote for him. He meant that as far as his campaign was concerned he didn't care about them, ie. waste campaign resources trying for votes he could never get. His mistake was using the 47% number. The people that only want to be on the public dole is a much smaller percent, but there are plenty of free phoners.
If you want to believe that is what he meant then my god, "DON'T VOTE FOR HIM!".

Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
When Obama brings up 47% mitt should clarify and bring up Obamas clings to guns and God comment.

Then he should look at Obama and ask do you have a problem with folks clinging to God?

Election over.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:29 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Well the truth about Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney is getting out. He will say and do anything to get elected. He has no core as his fellow Repub. like to say. So which Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney are we seeing today, Vaulture Capitalist, Liberal Gov.,Ultra Liberal Senate Candidate, Severely Conservative Pres. candidate or what ever he is trying to turn himself into today!!!

Santorium was right "The worst Republican you can run against the Pres."

Last edited by Boss; 10-05-2012 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-05-2012, 06:24 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well the truth about Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney is getting out. He will say and do anything to get elected. He has no core as his fellow Repub. like to say. So which Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney are we seeing today, Vaulture Capitalist, Liberal Gov.,Ultra Liberal Senate Candidate, Severely Conservative Pres. candidate or what ever he is trying to turn himself into today!!!

Santorium was right "The worst Republican you can run against the Pres."
If Romney does not keep his campaign promises, more jobs, less taxes, lower debt, then he will not be re-elected. Just like Obama will not be re-elected for breaking his campaign promises.
Load you with debt? You can not be concerned about debt and be an Obama supporter.
Steal your pension? First, I would rather have a 401K than a pension. If you die young you can pass along your 401k to your children, not so with a pension. You may pay into a pension your whole life and not get a penny if you die young. Second, if you were 40 and your company was going out of business because they promised more pension money than they could ever pay out, would you rather keep your job with a 401k program or be unemployed and get no salary or future pension?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:51 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Oh Good Lord
There are 47% who are with him. Who are dependent upon government, who believe that– that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they’re entitled to healthcare, to food, to housing, to you name it. But that’s– it’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.

Saying that 47% of the country believes that they're victims entitled to a hand out--that they're moochers--is NOT the same as simply saying that you're not going to put any campaign money into trying to win them over. You idiots can try to spin this any way you want, but the entire country has seen this video now and wishful thinking on your part doesn't change a thing. That has to be the most insulting, arrogant statement that's come out of a major politician in modern times. Romney finally apologized for it yesterday because he's come to realize that it could be the undoing of his campaign, but it's a pretty empty apology--I got caught saying that I think most Americans are dirt under my feet, so I'm sorry? Please....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections