Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yes.

Thank you for your service.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It doesn't appear so.

How do you "loose" an audience?
You're in Provo? I like Provo. Beautiful town.

You loose them with having to explain again.... and again..... and again... and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
One more time. (Because I'm sure the people reading along are saying "again?" and are slapping their heads in anguish and I'm feeling rather sorry for them):

I did not say George Romney paid a bribe. I said he had money and pull. (You decided "money" and "pull" equaled bribery. Interesting conclusion on your part but wrong in this context.) The sons of men who had money and pull rarely got drafted and for sure they did not get sent to Vietnam.
Okay, so let's just forget I used to word "bribe." To me, the difference between using "money" and "pull" to get something you want is pretty much the same as "bribery." But since you disagree, you still haven't provided anything more than your own personal opinion that Mitt's father used "money" and "pull" to get his son a deferment.

Quote:
Hopefully, our readers in Provo are following along because two is my personal limit for explaining things.
Twice, really? I kind of doubt that. Let's see if you're serious about that.

Quote:
(Never loose your audience. They won't pay attention for the really big stuff.)
I wouldn't know how to loose an audience if my life depended on it.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You're in Provo? I like Provo. Beautiful town.
Nope. It's pretty, but I could never live there. It's way too conservative for my taste and there's way too little diversity.

Quote:
You loose them with having to explain again.... and again..... and again... and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oh, kind of like losing them!!!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,556,499 times
Quote:
Almost all of Romney's children are of age to serve or volunteer for the armed services, yet, none of them have enlisted.
Why do you think this is?
Romney seems all to willing to send others off to fight wars, why wouldn't he encourage his kids to go fight?
After all, even offspring of prominent officials in the UK have their offspring involved in ME wars.

Did Romney's Sons Serve In Iraq or Afghanistan? Will They In Iran? - CNN iReport
BECAUSE IT'S AN "ALL VOLUNTEER" MILITARY!!!!

You dont have to go if you dont want to!!!!!

Why didnt Obama volunteer instead of sittin' around getting high???

Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,556,499 times
Quote:
Yes.

Suuuuure..........

Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times
Quote:
Almost all of Romney's children are of age to serve or volunteer for the armed services, yet, none of them have enlisted.
Romney seems all to willing to send others off to fight wars, why wouldn't he encourage his kids to go fight?
After all, even offspring of prominent officials in the UK have their offspring involved in ME wars.

Did Romney's Sons Serve In Iraq or Afghanistan? Will They In Iran? - CNN iReport
Because our military is a volunteer force. Not everyone is cut out for the military. Just because someone comes from a wealthy family or has a college education isn't a reason why they choose not to join. I know plenty of college educated officers who came from well off families when I served in the Navy. I don't look down on those who choose not to join.

Last edited by sailordave; 10-09-2012 at 04:35 PM..

Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

I just wonder how many french skirts willard chased when he was in france?
Didn't they have marijuana in france back then too? I wonder if willard blew any weed?
I think I feel another thread coming on, raising some of these important questions about a lying candidate (willard)

Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM

26,550 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:

Let's wait and see if Obama's kids serve. Biden's didn't.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Why this man doesn't make marijuana legal, or at least decriminalize, I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections