Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,259,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hello? ANYONE HOME? Doesnt sound like it..

Here is the posting I responded to

SEE THE GENERATIONS?

What part of Obamas GENERATIONS, served in the US Military?

You can ignore it all you want, but that doesnt make you seem like you want to discuss the whole picture..

Shocking, a liberal who cant discuss issues..
Oh eeewww.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26437822-post41.html

It's shocking that a liberal? posted here on city-data that knows a bit more than a RW attack dog.
ouch, that must hurt.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 AM

23,642 posts, read 17,322,602 times
Let's see, MR hasn't sent anyone to war, hugged a garbageman or had any chuildren who served......all good reasons to not elect the dog.

Who cares why MR's kids didn't serve.
Do you know anyone whose children didn't serve?
Could there be perhaps a dozen service age people who haven't served in the entire country?How do you feel about them?

Do you hold your elected representatives to the same standard?

GWB and GHWB served, Clinton did not. Obama didin't serve. In fact Obama is the fist president to do a dis-service to America.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-09-2012 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,444,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Almost all of Romney's children are of age to serve or volunteer for the armed services, yet, none of them have enlisted.
Why do you think this is?
Romney seems all to willing to send others off to fight wars, why wouldn't he encourage his kids to go fight?
After all, even offspring of prominent officials in the UK have their offspring involved in ME wars.

Did Romney's Sons Serve In Iraq or Afghanistan? Will They In Iran? - CNN iReport
As someone who would avoid entering our armed forces at all costs, and expect the same of my son.

I don't care.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,233,573 times
Quote:
Almost all of Romney's children are of age to serve or volunteer for the armed services, yet, none of them have enlisted.
Why do you think this is?
Romney seems all to willing to send others off to fight wars, why wouldn't he encourage his kids to go fight?
After all, even offspring of prominent officials in the UK have their offspring involved in ME wars.

Did Romney's Sons Serve In Iraq or Afghanistan? Will They In Iran? - CNN iReport
Who cares? Oh the left does, how about care about somehting important...

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-09-2012 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,233,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like father, like sons. Romney did all he can to avoid the draft during the Vietnam war, and his example was embrazed by his kids.
What a stupid comment....I would be embarrassed to even write something like that, no matter how much I dislike the person....

But this is the typical leftist civility, it's ok for me but not for thee....

Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 AM

14,490 posts, read 11,319,915 times
Quote:
No, and I wouldn't want to,.
Have you? do they say grace?
Answer the question! How do you know that Mitt Romney didn't encourage any of his sons to join the military?

Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I wanted to get different people's varying opinions as to why willard's children haven't volunteered. It would look favorable to Americans if at least one volunteered. The way it looks now, it gives the appearance of them being gutless little rich boys.
Sarah Palin's son served in the active military, yet, judging by the rest of the lefty lunatics on this board, you probably despised her more than any woman who has ever walked the earth.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Answer the question! How do you know that Mitt Romney didn't encourage any of his sons to join the military?
Since none have served, I'd have to say willard encouraged them not to serve.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like father, like sons. Romney did all he can to avoid the draft during the Vietnam war, and his example was embrazed by his kids.
What did he do to avoid the draft? You stated that "he did all he could do" so you must have at least three things that you can tell us about.

Or are you simply lying?

Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What a stupid comment....I would be embarrassed to even write something like that, no matter how much I dislike the person....

But this is the typical leftist civility, it's ok for me but not for thee....
Willard had 4 draft deferments, does that sound like a man who wouldn't talk his children out of serving? He probably taught his children how to avoid the military in any event the draft came back.
Now I have to wonder if his children even registered with the selective service at all?

Selective Service System: Fast Facts

or are they all CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTORS ??

Romney’s “Mormon” Draft Deferment Not Legal | Veterans Today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections