Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times

Advertisements

I agree, nothing will change...

But at least your recognize that things are very bad right now...Which is much, much more than you can get from any partisan tool that clings to liberal dogma on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,961,887 times
Economy wise, nothing will change. The US economy will not charge again while Europe is in recession (and they are, projected all the way through 2013) and China is weakening. For all of the grand talk about the economy, and how it's not growing fast enough, people forget that America is not in a bubble - it reacts to world conditions. And right now, those world conditions aren't so hot. Amongst developed nations, the US is actually doing quite well.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
1. Employers will begin to spend the two trillion dollars they have been holding creating millions of jobs.
2. we will have a recovery that will grow 3 X as fast as Obama's and will bring more revenue to start decreasing our debt.
3. middle income workers will have much higher take home pay
4. treehuggers will have less influence, people and jobs will come before snails
5. woman will still have their rights to use contraceptives and to have abortions, perhaps without federal funding though
6.radical Islamic terrorists will be punished if they kill our ambassadors
Yes that is what will change. People will have hope again for their futures. Right now lot of folks shaking their heads wondering what the future will hold.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,810,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Nothing is going change . Would anyone like to place bets here? I'm sure Romney will tout all day how he lowered our 1.2 trillion dollar deficit to $500 billion, whoop-dee-do you rebellious budget cutter. I'm of the mind that we won't change our tune until the markets force us to and no one (cough cough China) will buy our debt anymore a la Greece.

The candidates are described as follows: one wants to expand the governmnet by a lot, the other wants to expand it by a moderate amount.

Amen to that.

When will the rest of the country see it so we may join hands in reclaiming this government that has been stolen from the people.

People here won't get it till it's far too late. I don't think we'll ever be able to do much about it.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Who want's to be a millionaire?
wanna bet?
yeap, hopefully, willard will be defeated.
he don't need any money anyway, he's already rich. all he want's to do is help his millionaire buddies.

Mitt Romney Offers Rick Perry $10,000 Bet: ABC News/Yahoo News Republican Debate - YouTube

Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
About the only reasoning I can cite for supporting Romney rather than Johnson would be to stop the assault on the precedent-based rule of law by what I view as a dangerous, blindly Left-leaning "activist judiciary".

Other than that, the election boils down to the weakling we don't know vs. the ideologue we do.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:48 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,588,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Education belolngs solely in the hands of states and school districts: the feds should cut back. How does Washington know what is good from my school district: the needs say, in suburban Dallas are very different than the needs for children in rural AR.
Doesn't your school district have a locally elected board? Doesn't your state have a public education dept that decides state issues?

Romney would just cut funding, leaving these education departments at all levels with fewer resources. Meaning teachers would be fired along with janitors, coaches, and classes would be packed to overflowing.

I read lots of right wing belly-aching about how poor the schools are in America these days. If their boy Romney calls the shots they'll go down the chute to 3rd world conditions.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Bullcrap. School districts have plenty of money it just isn't spent appropriatly. My school district came whining this year about how they are over budget and will have to make cuts. The usual song and dance BS. They sure found the money to build a 1.5 million dollar baseball field last year though. I don't wanna hear they need more money. They got plenty.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,927,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. No Obamacare

2. No 30% cuts in medicare reimbursement so that seniors will maintain thier medicare

3. No Obamacare taxes, such that businesses can expand, improving the economy

4. lowering corporate taxes so that businesses can expand

5. expansion of oil and oil shale development

6. No war on coal- lower electricity

7. Cutting EPA regulations, allowing business to expand

8. corporate consumption tax

9. lower capital gains taxes

10. cooperation again with our traditional military allies

11. getting tough with Iran

12. renegotiating China trade policies and NAFTA

13. possibility of passing a balanced budget amendment

A lot will change for the better. Even liberals will be better off economically. Further, liberals will be happy again, as they can get back to protesting and complaining about the homeless again- a couple of the things they love the most.
i like everything on that list , except for "getting tough" with iran.

i don't like dealing with problems that may occur, but problems IF they occur. i don't like any government assassinating scientists-i understand it happens (and has happened previously around the world) but i don't believe that is what civilized people do.

i think our motto should be a strong DEFENSIVE military-so we can handle anything that might come up, from anywhere.

i think iran is highly overrated as a dangerous "power". they have inflation of 23.5 percent, with:
population below poverty line 18.7% living below $11/day, and 3.1% living below $2/day .

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-13-2012 at 02:43 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,482,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh, come off it: what women's rights are going to be affected regardless of who is Pres?
absolutly none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections