Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
OMG! You were serious with your line of reasoning last night?!?! I thought you had lost a drinking game, and was just 'stream of consciousness' drunk posting...

...but you serious?!?! HAHA!!!
if you have no interest in facts then thats your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Let me say it one more time for u...
Health Care legislation is a SUCCESS in MA. We all like it...
This legislation was in pipeline even before Romney became Gov. He just signed it...

Every thing else Romney came up with in his term was a DISASTER...
And yet Romney closed deficit loop holes and had 5% unemployment rates.. Wow, if you think standards like that are disasters, then you either hate america and want it to die, or you think Obamas policies are a train wreck.. Which is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Old 10-17-2012, 11:41 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Especially when it's not true. Obama held his own last night; he didn't win.

This CNN poll Polling Center: CNN Poll: Who won the debate? - Elections & Politics from CNN.com shows 67% thought Romney won and 25% thought Obama won. And of those polled, 37% were Democratic and 33% were Republican. So what does that tell you?
The incompetence of the right never ceases to amaze me. Facts matter, GOP'ers!

++++++++++++++++++++++++=++
Source: CNN/ORC International Date conducted: 10/3/2012 <====

Sample: 430 adult Americans
Margin of error: +/- 4.5% pts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 10-17-2012, 11:41 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I see them making up conspiracy theories and excuses, the lamestream liberal media, the moderator is an Obamabot, blah blah blah blah.

The Dems took their lumps, why can't you guys do the same

Time to man up
I consider myself a "moderate" but a "Democrat," so I'll offer my comment.

I don't think the President "lost" the 1st debate. I don't think Romney "won" it, either. The criticism of the President's participation in the 1st debate, as I've read it, is that he wasn't agressive enough in pointing-out the discrepancies between what Mr. Romney was saying at the debate, and what he'd said for so long on the campaign trail. He also didn't seem to be aware of the cameras and how he appeared as he took notes, etc. Honestly, he should have known better by now.

For this second debate, both candidates did well. They satisfied their supporters by highlighting the issues their respective supporters think are important to them. The President appeared to me to be the stronger of the two and Mr. Romney seemed the lesser prepared. Romney has a naturally "stiff" presence and that doesn't work well in a town hall-style event. He doesn't seem to be able to turn his head ... without turning his entire body at the same time. Stiff. And he didn't seem to be able to leave the stump speech behind. He was, oftentimes, unresponsive. He was also disrespectful of the Moderator, I thought.

Too much importance is paid to "appearances" during the debate. That's why I think it's better for people to listen to them on the radio; don't watch them on television.

But if you were going to watch last night's debate and chose CSPAN as the media source, you were disadvantaged. I don't think I've seen such bad camera work ... ever. When Romney talked a couple of times we saw the back of his head on one side of the split screen, and the President's face looking at us on the other. I couldn't stand it, and switched to ABC which had completely different shot choices. This was a pool-camera event and CSPAN's producer/director chose the wrong views to broadcast.

Anyhow, yes ... the Romney supporters should simply admit their man was out-distanced last evening.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Anyhow, yes ... the Romney supporters should simply admit their man was out-distanced last evening.
Basically. Outgunned. And outmanned.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
With a margin of error of plus or minus 4-5%. So it could be a 2% difference, which is pretty much a tie.
It's so funny how much you had to skew the numbers in your favor to say it was a "tie." That's the problem with you conservatives: even your MATH is faulty due to your cognitive biases. Aren't you embarrassed to have such horrible math skills? No wonder you can be fooled into thinking a 20% tax cut will somehow magically DECREASE the debt.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Great photo! (@82) I don't agree with the implied message, but good nonetheless. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
It's so funny how much you had to skew the numbers in your favor to say it was a "tie." That's the problem with you conservatives: even your MATH is faulty due to your cognitive biases. Aren't you embarrassed to have such horrible math skills? No wonder you can be fooled into thinking a 20% tax cut will somehow magically DECREASE the debt.
No need to worry. These guys won't be around much longer. Conservative America is dying a slow, painful and agonizing death. Pretty soon their ranks will be reduced to trailer parks on a few clay mounds in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama with Hot Pockets as nourishment as Liberal America continues to create the economy that drives this great nation forward.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
The incompetence of the right never ceases to amaze me. Facts matter, GOP'ers!

++++++++++++++++++++++++=++
Source: CNN/ORC International Date conducted: 10/3/2012 <====

Sample: 430 adult Americans
Margin of error: +/- 4.5% pts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yep, I quoted the wrong poll. When I searched it, that is the one that came up and I was thinking it was the one from last night. But the fact remains that Obama didn't win last night's debate. If anything, it was a wash. He did better than he did in the first debate, and Romney did not quite as well as the first debate. But Obama also had help from the liberal moderator and the moderator even LIED for Obama (then later admitted she was "wrong") when Romney was trying to make a point. Romney made great points about Obama's failures the last four years. It's time for a change, and not Obama's "change" that he brought the last four years. We need a change for the better.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:09 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The OP is so desperate to hold on to her entitlements it reeks.
Given that red states benefit so disproportionately from government spending, while the Republican's rich supporters benefit so generously from preferential treatment under our tax code, I'm sure you meant to type:

Quote:
The GOP is so desperate to hold on to their entitlements it reeks.
But anyone can make a typo, so I'm not going to mock you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections