Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Do you know how silly these posts will make you look in a few weeks? Obama has already lost- this election is about the economy. Romney is pulling ahead in the polls and is over 50% in Gallup and Rassmussen. The undecided votes tend to break for the challenger.

Obama is done.
Yeah I'm not so sure about that and I hope he gets tossed.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Oh poor libbies smh all they have left is Nate Silver and when that melts away next week as he hurriedly adjusts his model to save face. What then?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
I love seeing posts like the from you, hotair...

It's so appropriate....

Hot Air says: Obama has a 70% chance of winning

Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yeah I'm not so sure about that and I hope he gets tossed.
The Obama admin has begun to openly talk strategy without Ohio. Obama bringing up Auto manufacturing in a foreign policy debate tells me their internals show a tie. If there is a 70% chance Obama wins Ohio he certainly didn't get the memo.

Today Messina made a reference to manufacturing jobs in both OH and PA. A Freudian slip that shows the race is getting away from them in PA. Romney is out strategizing Obama. My guess is Obama admin desperately wants to advertise in PA but if they go in first the headlines would end the race. So Romney will probably stay out and let it fall in its lap.

This race will probably be over by the time we cross the Mississippi

Old 10-23-2012, 05:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
yesterday, Intrade had Obama at almost 60% chance of being re-elected..

Today he's at 56.7%.. http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/co...tractId=743474

So much for the success of the debate...

Old 10-23-2012, 05:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
These are being put out in hopes of swaying people because Ohio is Coal country and obama is not doing so good with them.
Just left our county GOP campaign office, its standing room only

Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The Obama admin has begun to openly talk strategy without Ohio. Obama bringing up Auto manufacturing in a foreign policy debate tells me their internals show a tie. If there is a 70% chance Obama wins Ohio he certainly didn't get the memo.

Today Messina made a reference to manufacturing jobs in both OH and PA. A Freudian slip that shows the race is getting away from them in PA. Romney is out strategizing Obama. My guess is Obama admin desperately wants to advertise in PA but if they go in first the headlines would end the race. So Romney will probably stay out and let it fall in its lap.

AGREED. That is why there is the possibility of the unthinkable- the liberal bastions of CA,WA, and OR, realizing that Obama cannot mathematically win, may fail to show up. It is quite possible that Romney may win one or more of these states.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I love seeing posts like the from you, hotair...

It's so appropriate....

Hot Air says: Obama has a 70% chance of winning
Actually, what I say is unimportant. I am just an anonymous poster on CD. What experts say regarding the odds is fairly important. Silver has been freaky accurate. If Romney were to overcome the odds and pull it out, I will be just fine. Life goes on. My taxes will probably go down under Romney because I will probably be in that top bracket next year. It is the rest of the country that I am concerned about. Will we be involved in an another unnecessary war?? I don't know...Romney seems to have punted on Foreign Policy and is going to leave that in the same hands as Bush relied on...Neocons.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Where did you hear this? Or is this one of those "hearsay" things without a link that pgh loves to do?

Funny thing is I agree the race will probably be over by the time we cross the Mississippi, but I think we might be talking about different people.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:32 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
You know, Romney would be a far better president as far as the Canadian economy goes. He's more of a free trader and he would get along better with our GW Bushlite Prime Minister Harper. However my fairly extreme Canadian patriotism stops at seeing tens of millions of Americans next door suffering because of this complete idiot Romney. He's the worst kind of throwback and I mean WAYYYY back. Back to the Golden age. Back before Theodore Rosevelt, A Republican by the way, started the idea that social progress is good for the people, country and the world. These idiots Romney and Ryan are just plain and simple EVIL.

Last edited by lucknow; 10-23-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections