Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
An "error" that persists for 16 years and through multiple revisions?
again, the bio blurb was cut-&-pasted over to promote "dreams from my father", a book that talks about obama being born in hawaii.

you asked me before on what page of "dreams of my father" his hawaiian birth is mentioned. since i don't have a copy i can't answer that but will try and get one soon. is it your belief that the book doesn't mention obama being born in hawaii?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
again, the bio blurb was cut-&-pasted over to promote "dreams from my father", a book that talks about obama being born in hawaii.

you asked me before on what page of "dreams of my father" his hawaiian birth is mentioned. since i don't have a copy i can't answer that but will try and get one soon. is it your belief that the book doesn't mention obama being born in hawaii?
What do you think?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In that same publication, there was an error about Newt Gingrich's time as Speaker of the House.
actually it was an error on tip o'neil's time as speaker of the house in his bio blurb. it lists him becoming SotH in 1976. tip became SotH on january 4, 1977 ( close but still in error ).

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'

Old 10-26-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What do you think?
i honestly don't know but would like to.

if it's IC's contention that the book doesn't discuss obama being born in hawaii then i'll try and get a copy from the library and either confirm his belief or be able to debunk it with an exact quote(s) and page number(s).

if he does believe that the book discusses obama being born in hawaii....... then i have no idea why he wants an exact page number.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How many other people in 1991 knew what Obama's parents' occupations were at the time of Obama's birth? Who supplied that info?
i love that you keep asking me questions that i have no way of having first hand knowledge about. again, if you'd like to clarify the source for miriam goderich's statements you'd have to ask...... miriam goderich ( or possibly someone else that had first hand knowledge of the subject ).

Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
lol Obama gives $1 Trillion of US Taxpayer money to his favorite charity, welfare.
That's because he is a Christian.

God bless him for that.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i honestly don't know but would like to.

if it's IC's contention that the book doesn't discuss obama being born in hawaii then i'll try and get a copy from the library and either confirm his belief or be able to debunk it with an exact quote(s) and page number(s).

if he does believe that the book discusses obama being born in hawaii....... then i have no idea why he wants an exact page number.
Especially when multiple editions (hardcover, softcover, paperback, etc) will have different page numbers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections