Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,037,961 times

Advertisements

The liberals are desperate - they are bringing up Sarah Palin.

I wasn't aware that she was running for national office this year.

I guess the liberals will do anything to avoid talking about 9% unemployment, $16 trillion debt, a downgraded national credit rating, and low consumer/investor confidence - all brought to you as a result of the Obama recession - and the FAILED policies of the Obama Administration.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 02:22 PM

President Obama is a black American - right?

Sure, I will reach out to him.

I will vote to give him an early retirement on November 6th - and I encourage everyone to join me.

This entire thread is nutty - why do Democrat's insist on dividing people on racial lines? Have we learned nothing from a speech given almost 50 years ago by a man named Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

Why can't a candidate reach out to all Americans? Why does it have to be "black this" or Hispanic that" or lets get the "female vote"?

Why can't we all be united as AMERICANS?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:50 PM

63,012 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I will vote to give him an early retirement on November 6th - and I encourage everyone to join me.

This entire thread is nutty - why do Democrat's insist on dividing people on racial lines? Have we learned nothing from a speech given almost 50 years ago by a man named Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

Why can't a candidate reach out to all Americans? Why does it have to be "black this" or Hispanic that" or lets get the "female vote"?

Excellent questions where the left will never be able to give a viable answer.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Excellent questions where the left will never be able to give a viable answer.
Yes - but since their answers are not viable - they prefer to abort the questions.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:21 PM

774 posts, read 1,165,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I used O.R as an example because of the religious right indoctrinations. Personally I do not believe that the republicans really care about PBS or anything else on that station except for NPR. rove and company have pledged to remove the show because they have exposed many sneaky things during the bush error (opps era) and the republican lies.
The good news is that it's not just NPR exposing the truths about the present-day Republican Party. The message they are sending for this election is that if you can't win fairly, cheat...try to deny people the vote if you think they won't be voting for you:

Debbie Hines: GOP Voter Suppression Efforts Are a Crime and a Shame

First arrest made in the Republican voter registration fraud scandal - National economic policy | Examiner.com

Voter suppression, 2012 - Boulder Daily Camera

Election fraud not an abstract concern in W.Va. - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

Voter fraud billboards that drew complaints of racism and intimidation will come down, Clear Channel says | cleveland.com

In the case of the Clear Channel billboards advertising the penalties for voter fraud, the signs have been removed. However, the fact that they went up in the first place, and almost exclusively in communities of color (deemed more likely to vote Democratic than Republican), should certainly send up red flags around the intent of those behind the ads.

To attempt to deny citizens one of their critical constitutional rights (see the 14th, 15th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, and 26th amendments for unlawful vote prevention) exemplifies a clear lack of integrity on the part of the party attempting to preventing eligible citizens from voting and/or registering to vote.

Pathetic.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoller View Post
The good news is that it's not just NPR exposing the truths about the present-day Republican Party. The message they are sending for this election is that if you can't win fairly, cheat...try to deny people the vote if you think they won't be voting for you:

First arrest made in the Republican voter registration fraud scandal - National economic policy | Examiner.com

Election fraud not an abstract concern in W.Va. - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

Voter fraud billboards that drew complaints of racism and intimidation will come down, Clear Channel says | cleveland.com

In the case of the Clear Channel billboards advertising the penalties for voter fraud, the signs have been removed. However, the fact that they went up in the first place, and almost exclusively in communities of color (deemed more likely to vote Democratic than Republican), should certainly send up red flags around the intent of those behind the ads.

To attempt to deny citizens one of their critical constitutional rights (see the 14th, 15th, 19th, 23rd, 24th, and 26th amendments for unlawful vote prevention) exemplifies a clear lack of integrity on the part of the party attempting to preventing eligible citizens from voting and/or registering to vote.

Pathetic.
Quote:
If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.

Obama Acceptance Speech - Page 5

Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM

774 posts, read 1,165,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Exactly who is it that the President has not reached out to? By the way, Americans are not monolithic. That's are as many "votes" as there are different classifications of voters...black, white, female, poor, middle-class, working, wealthy, young, students, etc.

To answer your last questions more precisely, the short answer is self-interest, conflicting goals, and differing ideas on what America should be like. That is why we can't all be united as Americans.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:36 PM

7,521 posts, read 5,766,829 times
If that is your sole basis for voting you deserve another 4 years of misery and suffering. You can't control what other people say. Quit letting other people get into your head and have a party.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times
Wow... almost 140 posts, and still no Conservative can say what Republicans do to show they aren't the party where racists can feel comfortable. Why would any socially or fiscally conservative Black person want to support a party that would implicitly condone racism?

Old 10-28-2012, 10:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,335,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoller View Post

Pathetic.
This is very good, but NPR has been a thorn in carl rove's butt for the longest and I remember him vowing to get rid of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections