Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...that and Colin Powell's endorsement bodes well for Obama...

Obama Sweeps Early Ohio Vote - The Daily Beast
LOL citing the thoroughly discredited Time poll. Heck even the guys that put it together have backed away from it.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
What I like about early voting, other than the fact you feel great after marking it off your list,
you start to think who else you can get to the polls. I told my irresponsible sister I was picking her up after work and driving her to the polls myself.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I suspect no more skewed nor more of a joke than the polls that give the Dems a plus simply because more Dems voted in 2008 than are expected to vote in 2012.

I really don't think anybody is has the advantage in predicting or polling. Just have to wait til Nov06, eh?
I can't take credit for this because it was a great quote that belonged to somebody else.
I'll paraphrase anyway, because I like the quote so much.

"If everyone else sees something in one very similar way, and you're coming up with something completely different, obviously it's everyone else who is wrong."

Those "other" polls use a formula weighted favorable to Democrats because that's how people are indentifying themselves to them. You can't just decide that you like the results better when you shift to a model weighted more favorably to Republicans and then change everyone elses' work to reflect that. Well, you can... But you'll end up being very wrong.

You'll see that on election day when unskewed shows Romney winning 330 EVs and he actually ends up winning a little under 200.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:56 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Anyone that thinks they can really predict the result at this point is kidding themselves.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Anyone that thinks they can really predict the result at this point is kidding themselves.
I don't know who you are trying to fool, but most major polling outfits called the McCain/Obama race within 1.5 basis points. Extremely accurate.

You just don't want to believe your lying eyes...LOL

Old 10-26-2012, 05:36 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
These "same" predictions were also "predicted" in the 2010 mid-terms that dems would sweep the election.....and take congress again....missed that one by ohhhhhhhhhhhh 650+ repubs taken office across America....

Just like this election, you may as well not even vote...the election is over, right lefties....

Oh and what about the WI recall election.....the vile hate the left was spewing and how Walker was done...and the left was once again going to rule WI, but yet more people voted in the WI recall election than did in the primary....

BTW, why is WI even in play right now? It has not been red since what....24 years ago....

These polls maybe correct, if you remember they are polling more dems than repubs....

And, they are counting the votes, right now? Really? Pretty amazing....

Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh, I get it...polls before election day count, but early voting doesn't serve as a way to measure momentum and a fired up base.

BTW...with your track record of clueless post, believe me, you are the last one I need to relate to me in any way. Save your feelings of embarrassment for yourself....really.
No, you dont get it.. You have NO CLUE who's wining the early voting because THEY DONT COUNT THEM TILL ELECTION DAY..

I'm sorry you like to make crap up and dont want others calling you out on it, so maybe you should get your feet on the ground and stop lying.

Dont take my word for it,

Frequently Asked Questions - vote.utah.gov

Election results will start being posted after the polls close on election night. You can find these at http://electionresults.utah.gov/.

Yep.. you are a complete embarassment to the nation because you dont know crap my 10 year old knows.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I don't know who you are trying to fool, but most major polling outfits called the McCain/Obama race within 1.5 basis points. Extremely accurate.

You just don't want to believe your lying eyes...LOL
This isnt 2008

Old 10-26-2012, 06:04 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
umm actually we can't vote until this Saturday, 10 days before the election. I do plan on going early and taking some neighbors as well. Personally, I hope he takes FL.
AONE I have this inkling that Obama will win Florida again but not by the margin he did in 2008. He won the state with the largest vote total of any Southern state (236,000 votes). He won the state with only 16 counties out of 67 and if he can replicate those wins or even half of that vote total he will take Florida.

Ohio is a must for President Obama and the states that have done exit polling for early voting favors Obama.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
sorry, but as always you're clueless.

we do know pretty much the persuasion of the voters that have already voted. The OFA database (Votebuilder) "knows" who has voted early within 24 hours. We have made at least one canvassing pass thru the universe already and know the leanings of 75% of the Ohio electorate. Obama is far ahead of 2008, the internal goals and the external polls. Being inside OFA and seeing the data myself I can say, your statements are simple wishful thinking.

Obama is almost beyond the reach of an election day GOP surge. Of course, the gop gotv organization is a joke. Mittens left ohio up to the Ohio gop machine. Big mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, you dont get it.. You have NO CLUE who's wining the early voting because THEY DONT COUNT THEM TILL ELECTION DAY..

I'm sorry you like to make crap up and dont want others calling you out on it, so maybe you should get your feet on the ground and stop lying.

Dont take my word for it,

Frequently Asked Questions - vote.utah.gov

Election results will start being posted after the polls close on election night. You can find these at http://electionresults.utah.gov/.

Yep.. you are a complete embarassment to the nation because you dont know crap my 10 year old knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections