Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:27 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times

Advertisements

Another national poll has Romney up by 5 points tomorrow, so maybe you have Obama winning without a vote the way he leads from behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 03:11 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Trouble with reading comprehension? Study this carefully: "The Dodd Frank Financial Reform Act." It is gutting the community banking system in this country, further building up the largest banks. The trillion dollar deficits, year after year after year after year with the promise of year after year after year after year to come. The vast expansion of the EPA, shuttering thousands of industrial facilities including a tenth of the cement plants in the US and 15% of our electricity-generating capacity. The unprecedented actions against employers taken by Obama's NLRB, which prevented and delayed the opening of new plants. The huge costs of Obamacare laid on our employers--when you increase the cost of employing people, you WILL get less employment. These are the specific policies that demonstrate Obama's counterproductive work on the economy.

As for the role of the Republican Congress, it simply stymied Obama's attempt to waste enough money to restore prosperity, the only sensible course of action the Congress could take. The Tea party won in 2010 for a reason--to slow the madness of the Obama agenda. $4 trillion in new debt and all we got was this lousy economy?

Your smug reference to the color of President Obama's skin is despicable. I was one of the 70% of Americans who approved of him on Inauguration Day. I don't hate the president's race; I am saddened by the simple fact that he has no concept of jobs, wealth, productivity or progress and is so vastly over-matched by the requirements of his job. He has fully earned a very strong challenge to his re-election. And for your sake and mine, and the millions in needless poverty as a result of his ignorant policies, I hope he loses in a landslide.
This is just so phony.
* Year after year after year of deficit spending - yet your sudden concern is the last four only.
* You are "concerned" about 4 trillion in new debt, but have no problem with debt before Obama. Three trillion for the Iraq war - no problem there!
* The tea party is Wall Streets useful idiots. Who do you think funds them? You think the oil baron billionaire backers have a thing in common with them?

Bill Maher - No Tea Party Halloween - YouTube

* Okay, study this carefully. Here is your republican congress at work - not my words either. The truth via real investigative journalism - not Fox. The repubs plotted early, the day of inauguration, to obstruct the dems as a path to the White House. Party before country!
Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy? | Michael Cohen | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

EXPOSED!!! 2009 Paul Ryan & GOP Plotted To Sabotage America's Economy - Democratic Underground

* Obamacare? All it does is rein in abuses by the insurance industry (the republican base) in exchange for more customers. The mandate, not a great solution at all, but I don't like my auto insurance mandate either. Small businesses should favor a single-payer system, which repubs reject out-of-hand. So who is the great friend of business?
What Obamacare Means for Small Employers in 2013 - Businessweek

Old 10-28-2012, 03:26 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
This is just so phony.
* Year after year after year of deficit spending - yet your sudden concern is the last four only.
* You are "concerned" about 4 trillion in new debt, but have no problem with debt before Obama. Three trillion for the Iraq war - no problem there!
* The tea party is Wall Streets useful idiots. Who do you think funds them? You think the oil baron billionaire backers have a thing in common with them?

* Okay, study this carefully. Here is your republican congress at work - not my words either. The truth via real investigative journalism - not Fox. The repubs plotted early, the day of inauguration, to obstruct the dems as a path to the White House. Party before country!
Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy? | Michael Cohen | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

EXPOSED!!! 2009 Paul Ryan & GOP Plotted To Sabotage America's Economy - Democratic Underground

* Obamacare? All it does is rein in abuses by the insurance industry (the republican base) in exchange for more customers. The mandate, not a great solution at all, but I don't like my auto insurance mandate either. Small businesses should favor a single-payer system, which repubs reject out-of-hand. So who is the great friend of business?
What Obamacare Means for Small Employers in 2013 - Businessweek
Sheeesh! Since when does opposition to the proven job-destroying agenda of Barack Obama also qualify me as a deficit-lover before 2008? I hated Bush's Medicare Part D with its deficit spending. In case you hadn't noticed, the election is about the future of America, not the past.

We differ on the role of the Republican Congress. But ask yourself this: why did the Tea Party spring up? Why did the Republican Class of 2010 get elected? And just two short years after 70% of us approved of Barack Obama on Inauguration Day. If you think a couple billionaires can inspire an entire nation to throw the Dems out of the House, you have too high an opinion of the strength of money.

Obamacare does much more than rein in insurance industry abuses. It OUTLAWED one of the few proven real-world health care cost reducers, high deductible health insurance. It OUTLAWED my ability to pay cash out of pocket for routine, recurring expenses. It said my preferred form of insurance does not even qualify as insurance. If you think our forefathers fought and died so that some day Nancy Sebillius could pick and choose who had to follow the law under threat of penalties, and who could ignore the law, you have a sadly mistaken view of our country.

I can't help but notice that you evidently agree that community banks should be put out of business just because some ideologue's idea of financial reform got passed by a Dem legislature run amok. And that it is OK if hundreds of thousands of people lose their jobs in a major expansion of the EPA. Did I get that right?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Almost everyone I personally know has done better these last four years myself included, so yes it is in my economic interest to vote Obama in 2012 which I did yesterday.
Almost everyone I know doing better now than 4 years ago, are doing so because of PERSONAL accomplishments, not because of ANYTHING Obama has done.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And then what, another war no doubt
They said Ronald Reagan would start WWIII. What happened with that "prediction?"

Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Almost everyone I know doing better now than 4 years ago, are doing so because of PERSONAL accomplishments, not because of ANYTHING Obama has done.
A rare correction, 'quest: "...because of PERSONAL accomplishments, despite everything Obama has done."

Old 10-28-2012, 04:00 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
This is just so phony.

It's $5.5 trillion in new debt, not "about $4 trillion." And the national debt was a concern before Obama was in office.

The Iraq war did not cost "$4 trillion."

And Fox News is for more investigative journalism than the Guardian could ever hope to be!

Old 10-28-2012, 04:25 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are way too kind in your assessment. Not all felons are are gutter trash with nothing better to guide them than twisted and profound bogotry. With these types it is best to place them on ignore as it's obviously a case of garbage in, garbage out. Sad that the only way some can get their rocks off, so to speak, is by ignorant and vile posting online.
Oh please, get over yourself. This person continually posts nonsense regarding Obama. She DID state that she would suck every orifice of Obama. She DID post a fantasy of people swooning over the sight of Air Force One. So, I call her out and I am vile and ignorant?

It seems that Libs can only attack when someone disagrees with their fabrications. You can't fix stupid.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
OMG Romney is such a dufus retard...he doesn't even know the info clearly and is always quick to speak and put his foot in his mouth. He is lucky the media hasn't picked this up and add to his troublsome gaffes. This man will never be ready for the Oval office, that is why he never made it in. Romney is pathetic. Those comments he made could have easily backlashed..unbelievable..effin' unbeliveable He can't even get his facts straight and people see him as a leader...HA!
Do you realize name calling does not add to your credibility...first you tell us last week Obama is way ahead in early voting, even though early voting just started yesterday and now you try to make an impression by calling peoplel names.
Nita

Old 10-28-2012, 04:33 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,360 times
We have the ignore feature here for a reason. I've put a good 30-40 of the most insane lefties here on it.

When Romney wins with both a popular vote and electoral vote landslide I may take a few off just for the sheer hilarity of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections