Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM

194 posts, read 297,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
An executive at Chrysler said Romney is "full of ****". I think that says enough.
That executive's company got a big bailout from Obama too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 02:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,969,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylläri View Post

I guess you also feel that the only reason Chris Christie is saying FEMA and President Obama are doing a fine job is because of money? The Republicans of today have no idea what coming together as Americans means. The bailouts worked, jobs were saved, and the Republicans are whining about it. Sad, very sad.

Do you realize that the bailouts began when George W. Bush, a Republican, was President? Or do you also have a case of Romnesia?

I mean, the Romney Op-Ed was written in Nov 2008. Obama took office in Jan 2009. Just in case all of the hours sitting in front of the tube watching Fox has clouded your mind, here's the article from the New York Times dated 11/18/2008, and what he said.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html[/url]

"IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed."

Now he's insisting he didn't mean what we read because he's been misinterpreted and misquoted by the Democrats. Sure, that's it. Nobody understands the poor guy.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,887,337 times
But Romney is a church. How can anybody say anything bad about a church?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM

I don't know if this belongs on another thread, but here are more Romney lies, oops I mean totally false statements, that were fact checked and debunked.

[URL="http://www.politifact.com/personalities/mitt-romney/statements/byruling/false/"]False statements involving Mitt Romney[/URL]

Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM

4,440 posts, read 5,363,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seriously?

What this says to me is that people are proud of their lack of reading comprehension skills.
Yes.

Who would be proud of that? Even you have to admit that this forum is just for fun. Half the people on here are loons and the other half like I and presumably you know who we are voting and why. The banter is nice and we don’t run around calling the candidates a “Muslim” or “the devil” or “soulless Mormon.” (you might I didn’t read all your post)

Old 11-02-2012, 02:54 PM

4,440 posts, read 5,363,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't know if this belongs on another thread, but here are more Romney lies, oops I mean totally false statements, that were fact checked and debunked.

False statements involving Mitt Romney
YOu have to be kidding. (your same source)

PolitiFact | All False statements involving Barack Obama

Old 11-02-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
God himself could appear from on high declaring it untrue and still the wing nuts would argue. They're just that delusional and in denial.

I think if He came down from Heaven and said "Sorry, but you're wrong," they'd probably just call Jesus a RINO.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
YOu have to be kidding. (your same source)

[url=http://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/statements/byruling/false/]PolitiFact | All False statements involving Barack Obama[/url]
I had a feeling someone would post this. LOL But I did it anyway.

Well, they're covering a lot more issues and time with President Obama of course, since he's the President. Romney wasn't campaigning (well sort of) all these years or running the country, so he wasn't in the news all the time. In some cases Politifact's truth meter hasn't been right, but I'll give you this one ... all politicians lie.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 PM

14,488 posts, read 11,310,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And by "make all of its models" people have taken that to mean that they will move production of all of their vehicles to China, not that they will make all of their models locally so that they are available for sale to the Chinese.

'Cause see, I read it the second way first, last and every time I've read it.
Well, a star on your forehead.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,712,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylläri View Post
Romney now says he would have saved Chrysler, doesn't he? Or would he have let them fail? It's hard to keep track of what Romney believes from day to day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections