Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I'm guessing that most women know that Romney would be best for our economy. Just like men know it.

It just shows that many women are not putting the economy at the top of their list when making their voting decision.

Men are voting for a solid income and are clear headed enough to know that abortion isn't going to be banned by Romney.

Women "should" also know that a good economy is good for everyone. Men, women and children.

Who is being held back now because of fear? Being held hostage to the fear of losing legal abortion puts women right back where they started. Back in the dark ages. These women can't vote for the candidate who is best equipped to bring down unemployment because the thought of having to be a little more careful in the bedroom is too big of a responsibility for them to have to bear.

Romney is better for the economy. You would think that feminists would be happy to get America headed in the right direction again. Nope. They're too selfish. So to hell with the economy. To hell with more food on the table.
Translation - quit your bitchin and get back in the kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Poor old Pilgrim, longing for the good old days when women weren't allowed to vote and did what their menfolk told them to. What you can't seem to grasp, Pilgrim, is that the world has already moved on from your antiquated beliefs, and it's not ever going back. Old men like you will rail against change all the way to the grave, to no avail. Tough for you.
It is also men like him that are bringing the Republican party DOWN.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You have clearly shown that you have no idea. I'm guessing most voters on both sides have no idea.
It goes to figure that since you are a know-it-all, that you're smarter than everybody else.

No one else has a clue except you.

Well, Obama it is. I've changed my mind. Obama the regulator is the best man to grow our economy.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Translation - quit your bitchin and get back in the kitchen.

I didn't say that.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
Poor old Pilgrim, longing for the good old days when women weren't allowed to vote and did what their menfolk told them to. What you can't seem to grasp, Pilgrim, is that the world has already moved on from your antiquated beliefs, and it's not ever going back. Old men like you will rail against change all the way to the grave, to no avail. Tough for you.
This is the image I always get in my head when I see one of Pilgrim's posts:

Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It goes to figure that since you are a know-it-all, that you're smarter than everybody else.

No one else has a clue except you.
See, this is another example of the inadequacies that rule the right's roost. I have repeatably said that I have no idea what Romney's plans are, that I would like to learn more, and could you please lay it out to me. You have not and this some how means I think I'm smarter? It's such an irrational position and it's simply not the case.
Quote:
Well, Obama it is. I've changed my mind. Obama the regulator is the best man to grow our economy.

Thanks for all your help.
I haven't been attempting to sway anyone's voting choices. I'm just asking you to make the argument and you cannot. Why are you arguing for someone when you don't know his policies to even come to a rational conclusion yourself? All I've said about Obama is that we know what we know, and what I'm specifically aware of is the outcome of policies that affect the midwest via the bailouts and manufacturing, education, and current credits/deductions. To the middle point, it's one of Obama's arguments; more people should be educated. I'm not sure if I buy into that because the uni system is such a scam today. OTOH, an uneducated populace is a dangerous thing. It breeds conservatism and welfare families.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
See, this is another example of the inadequacies that rule the right's roost. I have repeatably said that I have no idea what Romney's plans are, that I would like to learn more, and could you please lay it out to me. You have not and this some how means I think I'm smarter? It's such an irrational position and it's simply not the case.
I apologize. It didn't strike me at first that you were saying that no one has a clue about "Romney's policies".

Now you might not agree in any way with these ideas. Romney has promised to lower taxes. Close loopholes. I don't know which ones, but a variety would be good. He'll roll back some regulations that hinder business and simplify the tax code. He has plans to let the parents decide which schools their children will attend. He will generally align himself with the typical Republican ideals and that's good enough for me. He will also try like hell to get rid of Obamacare.

It's hard for me to imagine that anyone would be on the fence between the two candidates. But that's just me.

Quote:
I haven't been attempting to sway anyone's voting choices. I'm just asking you to make the argument and you cannot. Why are you arguing for someone when you don't know his policies to even come to a rational conclusion yourself? All I've said about Obama is that we know what we know, and what I'm specifically aware of is the outcome of policies that affect the midwest via the bailouts and manufacturing, education, and current credits/deductions. To the middle point, it's one of Obama's arguments; more people should be educated. I'm not sure if I buy into that because the uni system is such a scam today. OTOH, an uneducated populace is a dangerous thing. It breeds conservatism and welfare families.
People who want to get an education will be able to get one no matter who is President.

For decades now Democrats have believed that throwing more money at education makes kids better off. That has never worked.

Romney is running on the Republican ticket, so that should give you some idea of how he will make policy.

Obama isn't specific either. Everyone has a fair shot. What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's just a slogan.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Let me first apologize for using the word "gender", a feminist weasel-word I try hard to avoid. But it's in the headline.

"A new poll of the swing-state Virginia from the left-leaning Public Policy Polling finds President Barack Obama with a 3-point lead over Republican nominee Mitt Romney. The intensity of the gender gap is a main reason why. Obama leads by an incredible 17 points among Virginia women, who comprise 55 percent of PPP's sample. Meanwhile, Romney edges Obama by 16 points with men."

Is it just me, or is the alienation of American women from American men escalating at breakneck pace?
It's a (not so subtle) attempt to create more class warfare. This time its the (evil) white men vs everyone else. How many times have we heard "minorities and women" grouped together in a political issue? It doesn't take a genius to see who is on the other side. Then the white men feel pressured from everyone else to sympathize with the dems or else fear being labeled bigots, prejudiced, etc. It worked perfectly in 2008. Thankfully, many people have "buyers remorse" from electing Obama in 2008, and that should be enough to beat him this time.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
This is your own malicious caricature.

I'm saying that normal women, of their own free and intelligent volition, tend to associate and align themselves with the needs, interests, and politics of their men. That's how men and women are made. When that doesn't happen, yes, something is broken.

I am not saying that women should blindly follow their men over a cliff or anything of the kind. But inviting women to vote for their own perceived interests as women, rather than the interests of their families and communities and the men who lead them (you read that right), is ruinous.
Do you seriously believe the crap you post. Families are led by the spouse who is most capable of leading and in many families, that spouse is the woman! It is in mine. I do the research, I do the long range planning, I present the options and only then does my husband participate in the process. My mother, who would be 98 in a few weeks, were she still alive, did the same thing.

Where the hell did you get the idea that being born a male automatically makes you more capable than any woman alive of leading a family or a community??

And, please define a "normal" woman.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
This entire quote is really a great example of the growing contempt that American women have for men. Never has society been more feminized, and never have women been more angry and resentful. Giving in to the demands of feminism has actually eroded the respect that women once had for men. There's a lesson in there somewhere.
Tell me again WHY women should automatically respect men.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections