Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I never said that.

All I said was that more men are voting for Romney because they think that he will be the best President to bring down unemployment.

Just because I didn't mention - women's health issues - doesn't mean that there is something to be read into my comment.
I don't see why you think Romney would bring down unemployment.

Based on his record, he'd help companies declare bankruptcy and ship jobs overseas = job loss for Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,613,878 times
Quote:
I never said that.

All I said was that more men are voting for Romney because they think that he will be the best President to bring down unemployment.

Just because I didn't mention - women's health issues - doesn't mean that there is something to be read into my comment.
Uh huh.

Quote:
You're nuts.

I've had discussions right here with women who support ONLY candidates who are pro choice.

No other issue is as important to them than being able to have a legal abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who votes on one single issue.
Quote:
Abortion fanatics.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't see why you think Romney would bring down unemployment.

Based on his record, he'd help companies declare bankruptcy and ship jobs overseas = job loss for Americans.

That's not true. You are misinformed.

Why are so many men supporting Romney?

It isn't because he plans on killing jobs.

You're just not listening.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
You sound like some of the recent GOP candidates. This kind of talk is dooming the GOP for many years into the future....it's costing many votes from the GOP...and this is a good thing.
Exactly, and they are unable to recognize it. The fringe is taking over the GOP and pushing out many independents. I voted for Romney as governor in my state moons ago, but the right is just getting crazier with each day. That's not to say there isn't filth and fringe on the left, but there seems to be more room for people in the middle.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
If conservative American men want to continue to try and subjugate women and their bodies, alienation is the result. Don't like it? Don't support it and certainly don't participate in it.
^^This

Old 11-03-2012, 08:50 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,485,789 times
Quote:
Uh huh.

Quote:
I've had discussions right here with women who support ONLY candidates who are pro choice.

No other issue is as important to them than being able to have a legal abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469
Who votes on one single issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat
Abortion fanatics.
All true. I have had those discussions.

I didn't say YOU helen.

If women's health issues are more important to you than the economy then vote for who you think will best take care of you.

Men are clearly voting for Romney for a better economy.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
That's not true. You are misinformed.

Why are so many men supporting Romney?

It isn't because he plans on killing jobs.

You're just not listening.
He would increase jobs by reducing taxes on the rich?

He would increase jobs by having more students drop out of college because he would repeal student loan regulations guaranteeing a fixed rate for 20 years?

Maybe that's OK because he'd also reduce funding for all Education in the U.S. so maybe there wouldn't be so many young people actually going to college--- so more jobs at Mcdonalds?

He would increase jobs by radically reducing funding for research and development in America?

He would reduce taxes on corporations, while the last couple of years most companies had RECORD earnings and profits. How would a reduction in tax make them hire any more people?

He would increase jobs by putting a quarter of the amount that Obama budgets for infrastructure repair?--wait that would decrease jobs.

And while he's at it, he'd reduce the number of teachers and firemen sucking the country dry --- maybe more jobs at Walmart for them?

OK, you tell me --- how would Romney increase jobs.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,316 times
Quote:
You make me wish that the conservative paranoia of the feminist dystopia were actually true and soon to come to fruition. I'd make sure that you were assigned as my houseboy. You'd scrub toilets during the day and read Kristeva aloud at night to the wind while you lie on your bed of pebbles.
Wow! Well said.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,508,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

OK, you tell me --- how would Romney increase jobs.
Millions of new soldiers to put their lives on the line in the new wars that Romney is planning to start. Against Iran and Russia for starters. Then his wealthy supporters that are owners of defense related companies will earn massive profits . Basically another Bush war-monger for president.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Millions of new soldiers to put their lives on the line in the new wars that Romney is planning to start. Against Iran and Russia for starters. Then his wealthy supporters that are owners of defense related companies will earn massive profits . Basically another Bush war-monger for president.
That's true --- there might be more jobs at Halliburton ! (especially given Mitts already brought Cheney into his inner circle).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections