Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 11:30 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,354 times

Advertisements

Watching the Romney reps out there trying to explain why they are in PA and it just stinks to high heaven of incredible desperation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
This is one election where nobody quite knows what is going to happen. A good argument can be made either way. I saw the other day that Michael Barone predicted 315 electoral votes for Romney and Rove 279 for Romney. And Rove has been a Romney-skeptic in the past.
Barone: Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily | WashingtonExaminer.com

OTOH there are people like Silver who seem to think an Obama has it all sewn up. Who really knows? I don't think anyone can call this one ahead of time.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
What morning shows are you watching? The ones I saw this morning all said something along the lines of "too close to call".
You must be watching faux news.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Don't fall for the White House Field Press Office (NBS, CBS, ABC, et al) get you down.
That's what they are there for.
Absolutely, don't trust anyone but Faux News the non-partisan news agency.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:31 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Romney has a big edge in indy voters. That is what led Obama's victory last time and will be his undoing this time.
Clearly, you haven't a clue:
Quote:
Indiana joined the Union in December 1816. It has been primarily Republican throughout its history, and today is the “reddest” state in the Midwest. Since 1940, it has only voted Democratic in 1964, when Lyndon Johnson won a landslide over Barry Goldwater and again in 2008, when Barack Obama edged John McCain 50% to 49%, in the 3rd closest race of the election (behind Missouri and North Carolina). An interesting factoid: In both 1992 and 1996, Indiana was an island of red, its borders not touching a single Republican-voting state in any direction.

http://www.270towin.com/states/Indiana
Indiana NEVER has been a blue state and did NOT lead the Obama win in 2008. Indiana was an anomaly and a real squeaker for Obama in 2008. I've heard people from Indiana saying the state is white as rice. No one in their right mind expects Indiana to go blue again this year. Indiana is totally meaningless as a barometer of this election.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:43 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,446 times
You are right, Mitt lost the election. It is very evident. The energy has increased tremendously for the President. My concern is how is Mitt and Ann going to react to the lost. I know they will take it hard. And Ann has MS and stress exacerbates the pain of MS. I think if Mitt really loves his family he should not put them through the losing campaigns as he has ever again.

He has been Govenor once and resurected the Utah Games, kudos to you Mitt. He has significant wealth, so he has accomplished alot. Okay he may have never made it into the Oval office, but it was not meant for him to be the leader of the free world.

But please Mitt leave the White House alone, its just not meant for you to be there. And take care of your lovely wife for Pete's sake she needs you.

I don't like the Romney's but I have a heart and I dont want to see anyone have a meltdown and I can foresee that in their future. The Romneys will be hit hard by the loss, the Ryans are young and viable and even if Ryan loses his senate seat he can work as a lobbyist. Mitt will be wearing the scarlet letter from the Republican party for life after this loss. Its kinda sad everytime I see Mitt campaign, you can look at him and he knows he loss, but he must show face for his supporters. God bless them and may God give the Romney's courage during this lose of the 2012 election.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:07 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
you can look at him and he knows he loss,
Yup. I see it in both their faces - Ann, too. They're going through the motions now.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooper View Post
I am a Mitt Romney supporter but it looks like he has lost the election. I know only 30% of people have voted but the polls tell us that Mitt does not stand a chance in the battleground states in the Electorial College. The experts have spoken, Mitt will not be President.

And I am sad about it.

Do you agree, he can't win?

(But Mitt may win the popular vote, but that does not really matter, sadly)
I suspect what kind of post this may be......just sayin'

Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, he might very well win one, but not the other,but I think you are watching the wrong Sunday morning shows, The liberal side would love us to think it is over, so people will not bother to vote, but that isn't the Republican way. As for early voting, no one has a clue how it is going. The only clue would be requests for absentee ballots, which many are never even returned. Most polls, most programing and most news people are saying it is a toss up: Romney appears to have a slight lead in a few swing states and Obama in others.
And then if we could just get the voting machines to tally properly.....has anyone heard any complaints of people voting for Obama and it came up Romney ? So far, I haven't but that isn't to say it hasn't happened.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yup. I see it in both their faces - Ann, too. They're going through the motions now.
LOL!

I've been watching both candidates for days and obama is shrill and angry and Romney is excited and energized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections