Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times

Advertisements

The speech was gracious. I think Romney hit the important points. Pray for the President and the country. Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,035 posts, read 10,297,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Give the guy a break. He just experienced probably the worse day in his life. Seriously.

Good speech.
Given the polls, he certainly had time to prepare. Could have been more eloquent.

JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times

On that note, I'm GLAD this election season is over.

Move on and get over it, folks. Move on and get over it....

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
And his wife is worried about his mental health, so back off
That's a pretty cheap shot

Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Ok Mittens...

BUH-BYE!!

Don't worry for him everybody, he still has a car elevator and Ann to come home to.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
It's winner take all. The electors are tied to the number of representatives in Congress. The magic number is 270, or 270/538. The representatives are reapportioned based on the census. As the population grows in the largest states, the number of representatives shrinks to a minimum of 1 in the other states.

If the population shifts 12% to the current, large states away from the middle, a few states could have 270 among themselves.

California, Texas, New York, IL, - the big states - could have 270 based on current apportionment. In 22 years (two more deciannual censuses) - its a mathematical possibility.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
It turns out that Romney was right all along: 47% of the country is just "gone", given over to the takers and "looters" as Ayn Rand described it so precisely 50 years ago. Obama knit together a coalition of union thugs, marxist regulators, affirmative action winners, a corrupt media, sixties throwbacks, illegal aliens, race hustlers, and the young and impressionable. I guess congratulations are in order.

For 225 years or so, the USA really was the land of the free and the home of the brave, but that country that we all grew up in is gone: it is now in the same pantheon as ancient Greece and glorious Rome. Like very few countries in history, we have voted for our own demise and dictatorship.
I know the gleeful Obama voters that read this will just consider it to be sour grapes, and I suppose it is. Bitter? You bet.

I won't live long enough to see the totality of the gray, bleak future, but my kids will: they already owe tens of thousands in federal debt, and my grandchildren will suffer even more.

Remember all this country had accomplished and what it once meant to the world: The first modern democracy where the individual ruled, the country that sacrificed the lives of close to 700,000 citizens in a bloody civil war to right the wrong of slavery, the country that twice went to war to salvage the corrupt European political culture, that fought and won the cold war, that grew a prosperous middle class like had never been seen before.
All gone now: get ready for the new normal... My fellow citizens have decided that a pompous and inconsequential narcissist should have his four years of failure rewarded with four more years to accomplish his goal of destroying a once great nation.
Your candidate just showed an enormous amount of class, probably more than he showed at any time during the campaign.
If that guy had shown up sooner, things might well have been different.

It's a shame that he felt the need to lower himself to appease people who believe the nonsense spewed above.
Maybe next time the GOP candidate will take a higher road.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
I believe Obama's win is God's judgement on America for the country turning it's back on God, Jesus and the Bible.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It sure is changing. For the worse. A lack of morals and values.

To quote Shakespeare, "Nothing is either good or bad but thinking makes it so." Your perception is negative, but millions of other Americans prefer to see moving forward as positive and healthy for the country. There is no more time for partisan politics over governance.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Your candidate just showed an enormous amount of class, probably more than he showed at any time during the campaign.
If that guy had shown up sooner, things might well have been different.

It's a shame that he felt the need to lower himself to appease people who believe the nonsense spewed above.
Maybe next time the GOP candidate will take a higher road.
When do you think Obama will take the high road? I have been waiting for four years and he hasn't as of yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections