Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM

620 posts, read 1,747,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You would think they would just be happy that Obama won, but no - that's not enough. I just see their hatred and divisive spirit as an extension of the example set by their leader.
Give me an example of President Obama ever saying he hates someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,143,170 times
Quote:
You would think they would just be happy that Obama won, but no - that's not enough. I just see their hatred and divisive spirit as an extension of the example set by their leader.
Right because the conservatives have and are setting such a fine example for everyone in America, right? But hey, I'm sure you support rape like some of your fine leaders do.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:02 PM

620 posts, read 1,747,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Right because the conservatives have and are setting such a fine example for everyone in America, right? But hey, I'm sure you support rape like some of your fine leaders do.
And every minority group, women, homosexuals etc.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
No--I think it's more that some of you ranted and name called for the last two years, sure that you were right and sure that everyone in the country completely hated Obama and that Romney would win in a landslide. Some of you crowed about it. It very spectacularly blew up in your face a couple of days ago. I don't like the gloating, but you can't blame people for giving some it back to the more obnoxious conservatives on this board. It will die down in a day or two. I just hope that politicians on both sides can let it go after that and really try to work together in Congress, or else it's just going to get worse and 2014 is going to be a very very ugly midterm.

Last edited by mb1547; 11-10-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 01:08 PM

75 posts, read 45,836 times
Quote:
After the last four years how could any republican say that with a straight face?

Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM

75 posts, read 45,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--I think it's more that some of you ranted and name called for the last two years, sure that you were right and sure that everyone in the country completely hated Obama and that Romney would win in a landslide. Some of you crowed about it. It very spectacularly blew up in your face a couple of days ago. I don't like the gloating, but you can't blame people for giving some it back to the more obnoxious conservatives on this board. It will die down in a day or two. I just hope that politicians can let it go after that and really try to work together in Congress, or else it's just going to get worse and 2014 is going to be a very very ugly midterm.
They have doubled down since Tuesday. Thats the reason for all the Dem post. You would think they would soul search and tell Limbaugh and the boys to shut up but instead,they double down.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This whole group of Obama supporters have been nothing but petty and child like with their posts since the election. I expected nothing less.
I guess you haven't been reading all the whinning right-wing threads that have been started since Romney got manhandled.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess you haven't been reading all the whinning right-wing threads that have been started since Romney got manhandled.
Many of the threads in which I've read and participated have involved intelligent discourse concerning the Republican dilemna of reconciling the often-strident social conservatism of the Christian Right with the empirical and secular reasoning which drives the libertarian wing of the general conservative movement. But any mention of the stridency, one-issue focus, and general immaturity of the gay militant, radical feminist, metrosexual, New Puritan, Political Correctness and similar wings among the Democrats' more-Absolutist strains is automatically classified as "hate speech".

And I have seen nothing of sufficient substance to dispell the possibility that the idiotic rant with the display of weapons last night was anything but a red herring launched by a Lefty troll.

And I challenge the opposition to find any full thread as one-sided, petty and insulting as this little morsel:

Republicans on a scale of 1 to 10, How much did this one hurt?

cooked up by one of the Lefties' Kiddie-Korps.

i'll await your direct response.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-10-2012 at 02:38 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Do you realize how petty and immature you sound?
You tell 'em, Ms "Hurricane Sarah (Palin) has arrived with gale-force winds", and "I'm hot-flashing" (again...)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The insider View Post
They have doubled down since Tuesday. Thats the reason for all the Dem post. You would think they would soul search and tell Limbaugh and the boys to shut up but instead,they double down.
Yeah, it's like the same thing with all their other goofy 'victim' explanations why blacks and hispanics voted against them in such overwhelming numbers. It's not because minorities want Santa Claus or handouts... it's because the GOP openly despises them (duh...)!!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:11 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,365,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post

Yeah, it's like the same thing with all their other goofy 'victim' explanations why blacks and hispanics voted against them in such overwhelming numbers. It's not because minorities want Santa Claus or handouts... it's because the GOP openly despises them (duh...)!!
I'm not so sure they "despise" them so much as wish they really weren't there for them to worry about, and wondering why more white folks aren't having kids.

It's amazing the number of hispanic people they would scoop up if they simply abandoned the immigration rhetoric and pursued REAL immigration reform (as in; pay your taxes, do hard work / hard studying, and don't commit crimes and don't be a leech on society, and you managed to evade authorities for five years, you deserve to be a citizen).

The thing about most hispanics that absolutly SHOCKS most conservatives is get this they're overwhelmingly .... CATHOLIC CONSERVATIVE

As in opposes abortions .... as in opposes gay marriage ... as in believes in a great many other social conservative values.

In fact the #1 reason why more hispanics don't vote Republican is singularly the lack of comprehensive immigration reform that addresses the reality of the 15 million illegal immigrants here. What are they gonna do? Throw them all out? 5% of the population? Yeah, good luck with that.

But no, they choose to focus on the angry white guy as their "base" and somehow expects the more moderate, logical, rooted in some reality suburbanite middle-of-the-road guy to jump on the bandwagon. Again, good luck with that. Keep on going on and you'll be irrelevant in 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections