Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Right. Because I voted for someone that I thought would take our country uphill instead of further downhill, that shows vitriol and vindictiveness. I say it because I truly believe it. Our country has gone downhill under Obama's leadership and we are going to continue on the downhill course the next four years. It's not what I WANT to happen; it's what is going to happen because Obama has already showed us he doesn't know how to fix our economy, and he doesn't understand the importance of a strong military and the fact that our enemies HATE us and don't want to be our friends. Peace through strength...
Well I voted for someone who was going to run our country in 2013, not someone who was stuck in 1950 and wondering why blacks and women could vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I voted for someone who was going to run our country in 2013, not someone who was stuck in 1950 and wondering why blacks and women could vote.
There you go with the "if you didn't vote for Obama, you must be sexist and racist" crap again. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
There you go with the "if you didn't vote for Obama, you must be sexist and racist" crap again. Do you know how stupid that sounds?
Sorry, I was just commenting on your "if you didn't vote for Romney" post which sounded equally stupid, I was simply making it easier for you to understand.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,267 times
Quote:
Right. Because I voted for someone that I thought would take our country uphill instead of further downhill, that shows vitriol and vindictiveness. I say it because I truly believe it. Our country has gone downhill under Obama's leadership and we are going to continue on the downhill course the next four years. It's not what I WANT to happen; it's what is going to happen because Obama has already showed us he doesn't know how to fix our economy, and he doesn't understand the importance of a strong military and the fact that our enemies HATE us and don't want to be our friends. Peace through strength...
Jeez, just keep repeating talking points, ignoring data, and electing obstructionist repubs to congress for the "good of the nation".
* You truly believe it? Well maybe you should check your sources of information.
* Reality check: our country went downhill under republicans and is now improving.
* Obama doesn't fix the economy, Congress does.
* Our enemies hate us? Really... as a repub you want to befriend Al Qaeda now?
You do a lot of posting, but little researching it seems. Curious, what is your source of information? Whoever it is, you need a change.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,251,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Jeez, just keep repeating talking points, ignoring data, and electing obstructionist repubs to congress for the "good of the nation".
* You truly believe it? Well maybe you should check your sources of information.
* Reality check: our country went downhill under republicans and is now improving.
* Obama doesn't fix the economy, Congress does.
* Our enemies hate us? Really... as a repub you want to befriend Al Qaeda now?
You do a lot of posting, but little researching it seems. Curious, what is your source of information? Whoever it is, you need a change.

Obama has had four years to improve our economy; instead it is worse. The US's credit rating has been downgraded. People are out of work. Obama LIES about "creating" jobs. The truth is, there are more people unemployed now than when Obama took office. Some have stopped looking for work so aren't even figured in the unemployment figures anymore.

Obama has wanted things HIS way or not at all. He is NOT willing to work with Republicans and then he blames everything on Republicans. So yes, it is his fault. He lies about working across the aisle. He does no such thing.

No, I don't want to befriend Al Qaeda. Obama does. He thought by apologizing to them and being nice to them, they'd be nice to us. I guess they showed up what they think when they killed four Americans in Libya. Obama still doesn't get it.

FYI, I get my information from everywhere. I posted recently that I would watch MSNBC more if they weren't so hateful and biased that I can't watch long without turning the channel. Pretty much like the people HERE are. It might interest you that I very rarely watch Fox. I know that is exactly what you were thinking/going to say.

Talking points? Me? I don't think so. The left has the corner on talking points. You guys come here and post everything MSNBC and Obama have told you to say, without an original thought of your own. That is what I see here every day.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Obama has had four years to improve our economy; instead it is worse. The US's credit rating has been downgraded. People are out of work. Obama LIES about "creating" jobs. The truth is, there are more people unemployed now than when Obama took office. Some have stopped looking for work so aren't even figured in the unemployment figures anymore.

Obama has wanted things HIS way or not at all. He is NOT willing to work with Republicans and then he blames everything on Republicans. So yes, it is his fault. He lies about working across the aisle. He does no such thing.

No, I don't want to befriend Al Qaeda. Obama does. He thought by apologizing to them and being nice to them, they'd be nice to us. I guess they showed up what they think when they killed four Americans in Libya. Obama still doesn't get it.

FYI, I get my information from everywhere. I posted recently that I would watch MSNBC more if they weren't so hateful and biased that I can't watch long without turning the channel. Pretty much like the people HERE are. It might interest you that I very rarely watch Fox. I know that is exactly what you were thinking/going to say.

Talking points? Me? I don't think so. The left has the corner on talking points. You guys come here and post everything MSNBC and Obama have told you to say, without an original thought of your own. That is what I see here every day.
How could Romney of lost? How??? (insert shaking fists here)

Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How could Romney of lost? How??? (insert shaking fists here)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Tito can you pass me some tissue..

Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,654,531 times
Quote:

I didn't accuse you of vitriol and vindictiveness because of the way you voted. I've probably read just about every one of your poisonous threads and rebuttals today and it's sickening. I respect every person's vote whether I agree with them or not. I know how it feels to have your man lose. I was beside myself when Clinton won the first time. Disgusted. Angry. But, I got over it in a few days, moved on, and didn't sit around screeching and predicting AND rooting for failure of the country because my team lost. It's ridiculous. It's divisive. It's unpatriotic. I support my president no matter who that president is. I don't hope for failure, predict a swarm of locusts and go around saying the country is going to hell in handbasket. All you do is give power to our enemies. Just get over it and look for ways to be supportive of the country as a whole.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Guess who said that? It wasn't Obama, it was George W. Bush. All Obama knows how to do is divide. I would so much rather have W in the White House right now.
If "W" had been in the White House for the last four years instead of Obama:
  • We would have long ago seen evidence of a healthy recovery, and return to prosperity.
  • Without the ObamaCare albatross, unemployment would be nearly back, if not completely back to what is considered "full employmnet."
  • Egypt would still be an ally and the Muslim Brotherhood would not be in power in the Middle East.
  • Israel would be secure in the knowledge that she had a friend in the United States.
  • We would be safer from terrorism, not less safe.
  • Osama would be dead, but we wouldn't be bragging and risking the lives of Seal Team Six (some of whom have been killed because of Obama compromising the operation).
  • The dollar would be stronger.
  • Our credit rating would not have been downgraded.
  • We would not have added over $5 T to the deficit.
  • GM would have ben allowed to pursue normal bankruptcy, the bond holders would not have been screwed, and the company would not have been turned over to the Unions (who didn't deserve the money they received as a "gift" from Obama.
  • We wouldn't have thrown away millions on Solyndra and others (Solyndra was rejected by the Bush administration for grant money on the basis of risk).
  • We would have a sound energy policy, one that does not reject the resourses under our feet that God blessed this nation with, and would have a viable plan to energy independence (we have the resourses — we just have to use them).
  • Our religious liberty wouldn't be under attack.
  • Free speech wouldn't be under attack
  • We wouldn't have a Secretary of State apologizing for Americas right of free speech.
  • The President wouldn't be bowing to our enemies.
  • Bush wouldn't be whispering "I'll have more flexibility after the election" to the Russians.
  • We wouldn't be cutting our defenses to dangerous levels.
  • NASA would still be pursuing space, and would not have become a Muslim outreach (absolutely disgusting!).
This list could go on for pages.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Quote:
There was a small margin between the Obama votes and Romney votes, so just about HALF of Americans who voted did not want Obama. And Bush got more votes in 2004 than Obama got in 2012.
You should probably wait until all the 2012 votes are counted before you start throwing out comparisons.

62,028,285: George W. Bush, popular vote total, 2004 (final)
62,030,023: Barack H. Obama, popular vote total, 2012, as of 11/11/12 6:22 PM CST( count not yet complete)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections