Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Prove that you are interested in changing as a party and take this initiative seriously.

3-5 legit black candidates. Not asking for 20, not asking for 10. 3-5.
I don't suppose it's occurred to you that the GOP doesn't give 2 hoots what you think.

Now you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't suppose it's occurred to you that the GOP doesn't give 2 hoots what you think.

Now you know.
What makes you think he gives 2 hoots what you think??

Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
I don't need puppets or UT's... just show me that you can run an election without being offensive or talking crazy to win over your "base"

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Prove that you are interested in changing as a party and take this initiative seriously.

Define legitmate? Are you showing your own bias?

The GOP has elected more blacks out of white majority districts -- and more hispanics and asians.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Default Cooper to Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Now you know.
I agree with you that the GOP doesnt give even 1 hoot about what the majority of people think. But we would have a better country if they could field a few moderate candidates as they did 25-35 years ago. The extremism is going to destroy the two party system, and I don't think that is good for anybody. We do need voices of opposition. But if every Republican who sounds a moderate voice on ANY issue whatsoever gets voted out of office, then Republicans are on their way out.

So Gov Chris Christie has now called the NRA's talk about the president's children getting secret service protection "reprehensible." Frankly, it shocked me that he would have the guts to say that. But you watch the NRA go after him. Look what they did to conservative Tennessee state representative Debra Maggart, whom they had supported for years. She was opposed to "guns-in-trunks" legislation in her state. Between 2005-2012, it was the only time she stood against the NRA. It cost her her job despite a very conservative record.

So it's time for Republicans to start giving a hoot about what the majority of Americans believe and come back to a center of the road position. I believe Romney might have won had he held forward his Massachusetts health plan as one for the whole country. Instead the extremists in his party made him reject what is arguably the best state health care plan in the country, with only 5% of the citizens of Massachusetts uninsured.

And whoever Republicans put forward in the future, I don't think race is as important as views.

Just my thoughts. One Cooper to another!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Default Tokens can't erase the failures of the bigoted ideology

Quote:

I'll take them seriously when they cease to be the party of bigots and rich-supporting Regressives. Tossing up a few token blacks doesn't erase the history, racism, and ineffectiveness of that pathetic ideology.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:

How racist can you get? Pick someone strictly based on the color of their skin?

And hypocritical, from the party whose leader has only white men in his cabinet.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:41 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The problem with GOP black candidates is that they try too hard. They tend to pander to their constituency just like the "poverty pimps" do to theirs.

The GOP needs to find a moderate or two to run..............but they won't.
YUP...they need to find a legitimate small govt guy--maybe some retired Col--who lives in the west and run'm...not some uncle tom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections