Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times

Advertisements

With the way Obama works his Chicago Machine politics, I would not be surprised if he found a way to do it. I think i will then have to kill myself or move to Iraq where they are fairer than this traitor to the USA. Yes i said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I would bet Cuomo would beat Biden and no matter the nominee, the 2016 POTUS will be a Democrat. The GOP has a long-term problem to solve which will require far more time. They have become too small a tent to truly compete for POTUS or Senate majorities.
Kill me now.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
With the way Obama works his Chicago Machine politics, I would not be surprised if he found a way to do it. I think i will then have to kill myself or move to Iraq where they are fairer than this traitor to the USA. Yes i said it.
So glad I got off the trainwreck of the tea party wing of the GOP

Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Default Could Obama have a Third Term in Office

Quote:
Can he win a third term?

Wasn't there a president who had 4 terms (Roosevelt?)

Can Obama create an executive order or change the law so that he could run for a third term or indefinitely?
Got Edjumakashun?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So glad I got off the trainwreck of the tea party wing of the GOP
You sure someone didn't push you off that train, mama? LOL

Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
You sure someone didn't push you off that train, mama? LOL
yeah, you're right. Only when I found out that Ron Paul endorses globalization and a one world currency did I say, right I think this is my stop. As for the rest of the so-called tea party, that fizzled out after OWS, and it was a rebranding of the neo-con wing of the GOP. Smaller government for thee, but not for me

Old 01-05-2013, 01:45 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
It could happen if Democrats get a supermajority in both houses of Congress in 2014, which is a real possibility. That Congress might have the power to get the 22nd Amendment repealed, allowing Obama to seek a third term. If that happens, he will most certainly win it.

If not, a leftist dictatorship is definitely in our future and will probably rise within the next 20 years. Liberals attack anybody who claims that as conspiracy theory nuts but that isn't always the case. Look at the direction of this country especially the younger generation. Everybody is becoming liberal and uniting behind the Democratic party. The Republican party is shrinking year after year and will soon be comprised of simply a few fringe nuts. One party rule always ends in a dictatorship.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
You can kill yourself for a fictional idiocy, if that's what you want...but it's not going to happen anyway. All the idiots were saying how Obama will declare "martial law" before the end of his first term. Did that happen?

Is paranoia a prerequisite for identifying oneself as a conservative these days?

Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
The Democrats aren't going to take back the House in 2014 due to our horrible economy which certainly won't get any better before then; the deficit will rise again this year and next as revenues into the Treasury continue to drop thanks to the slew of tax increases included in that monstrosity 'fiscal cliff' bill.

Furthermore, revenue from capital gains taxes will collapse as they ALWAYS do after that rate is idiotically raised.

To put it blunetly, the 22nd Amendnment isn't going away anytime soon.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You can kill yourself for a fictional idiocy, if that's what you want...but it's not going to happen anyway. All the idiots were saying how Obama will declare "martial law" before the end of his first term. Did that happen?

Is paranoia a prerequisite for identifying oneself as a conservative these days?
I remember when the Democrats were saying the George Bush Jr would declar. martial law and stick around...

Lolol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections