Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,564,871 times

Advertisements

Calling it quits before the crap hits the fan.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 PM

29,225 posts, read 22,437,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
the difference in Pelosi and Lee is that they can win their next elections. Bachmann realized she was not going to survive a "next time".

Bachmann isn't retiring...the polls retired her.
Maybe, maybe not.

The FBI is investigating her campaign finances right now. I'm thinking she got some good advice to get out now, while the getting is still good. With no plans to run again, her finances, which by all accounts are in a total mess, won't run her afoul of the laws that pertain to candidates.

By not running, she will get to keep her campaign funds and can use them in any way she wants. The laws for individuals are nowhere as strict as they are for candidates.

There is nothing at all to prevent her from running for Prez in 2016, either. By then, if she so wanted, her finances will be in order by then, and she can devote her efforts full-time to a Presidential run with no Congressional distractions.

And, like everyone is saying, there's always Fox. I'm not all that sure Ailes would be seriously interested in her after the sorry performance of Sarah Palin; he sure didn't get his money's worth from her, but Bachmann's deal could be different. And Bachmann may be a moonbat, but she's diligent, at least... she would actually do some work for Fox.

One more thing; Bachmann is known for her crippling migraines. I think it's possible that once her self-imposed stress is lifted once she is out of office, she may find retirement from the political arena happier and better than sticking with it.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,474,123 times
She says she "could have won" if she ran again (although she only won last time by like 5,000 votes)... but she decided that she would rather pursue a serious career as a reality TV star, like Sarah Palin and the Kardashians. At least she didn't bail on her term.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,080,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's the funny thing is she has had her re-election campaign machine in full steam, then suddenly dropped.

My guess is that the investigations into her illegal campaign activity is about to come out, so she chose not to run again, rather than get kicked out of office in disgrace.
If only it was that easy to get rid of scummy politicians....... 2/3 of both Democrat and Republicans would step down including your favorite

Hopefully they will follow Michelles lead by stepping aside gracefully

Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,872,783 times
She also said she was moving out of MN after gay marriage became legal because it will become like Sodom and Gomorrah. Perhaps some lucky red state will get her!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
She also said she was moving out of MN after gay marriage became legal because it will become like Sodom and Gomorrah. Perhaps some lucky red state will get her!
Wonderful. She'll probably hoof it across the state line into my state. Like we don't have our share of problems already w/the morons in state government.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,872,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Wonderful. She'll probably hoof it across the state line into my state. Like we don't have our share of problems already w/the morons in state government.
Wisconsin per chance? I am sure Bachmann and Walker would hit it off very well.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,820,774 times
Michelle Bachmann was a vicious politician. She made her name in Minnesota by being a spokeswoman for the most bigoted and hateful elements of our society. People in the rest of the country only know her for the stupid and crazy things she has said, in Minnesota we know her for the intolerance and hate she brought to our legislature. I am glad she is leaving. She was an embarrassment to all of us. I don't care if this improves Republican chances of keeping the district. I would prefer a Democrat, but a sane, respectable Republican would be a significant improvement.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 PM

29,860 posts, read 24,986,356 times
Bout time. She's been nothing short of an embarrassment. It sickens me that people associate/confuse her with true conservative values.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:35 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,833,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
That's too bad because she could be counted on to speak for the lunatic fringe on a regular basis. While Palin was amusing for her ignorance, Bachmann has been the poster child for right wing religious lunacy. Her absence will definitely make RWNJ politics less interesting.
Bachmann was great for bringing the stupidity on a daily basis, but there is still Rubio, Paul, McConnell, Boner, and even Vitter is still in office

As long as the GOP continues to be the party of nutjobs, the lol's will never end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.