Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 10:51 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,228,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Sheila Jackson Lee is 10x the kook Bachmann is.
Move the decimal point over another place, and then take your choice between, (A) "Mad Maxine" Waters, or (B) Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,923,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Very interesting conclusion; she helps Republicans lose is what you said, but can you tell us how and who she helped lose? Did you win another term? Yes, she did, so I don't think you can say can really say she is responsible for anyone losing, other than maybe her opponents. Now as for Youtube, anyone than believes what they see on UTube as real and the gospel truth, leads a pretty sheltered life.

Do I think she ever stood a chance at being elected Pres or winning the nomination? Of course not and would I have supported her? Probably not, but that isn't what I am referring to, I am wondering how she helps the Republicans lose?
Kooks like Bachmann, Palin and Allen West are part of the public persona of the Republican party for voters all over the nation. When someone goes to the polls to vote for a national office like President, a factor in their decision making process is whether they want to vote for a Republican and risk putting someone like Bachmann or Palin in a position of authority indirectly by voting for their political party.

I have no idea why you are acting like this is some huge mystery. It is well known that lots of people didn't vote for McCain because they didn't want to end up with Palin, the same thing happens to candidates like Romney or Republicans at all levels in places that aren't guaranteed safe far right fever swamps like say Alabama or Kansas.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,249,648 times
Quote:
wow, just about like too many politicians these days, between the money they have backing them and their own, way too much is spent winning. I am wondering, do you really think she is the only one who spent that kind of money.
Actually no, I know great sums of money was spent in my state. Right wing groups in my state outspent democrats by a margin ratio of more than 2:1 for a recall.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-election.html

Old 05-31-2013, 12:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Default Michelle Bachmann Will Not Run For Re-Election

I'm gonna miss Mickey.

She's been the face of angry, ignorant, desperate crackpots who anxiously await the rapture.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Kooks like Bachmann, Palin and Allen West are part of the public persona of the Republican party for voters all over the nation. When someone goes to the polls to vote for a national office like President, a factor in their decision making process is whether they want to vote for a Republican and risk putting someone like Bachmann or Palin in a position of authority indirectly by voting for their political party.

I have no idea why you are acting like this is some huge mystery. It is well known that lots of people didn't vote for McCain because they didn't want to end up with Palin, the same thing happens to candidates like Romney or Republicans at all levels in places that aren't guaranteed safe far right fever swamps like say Alabama or Kansas.
what the blank does voting for McCain have to so with this thread? Last time I read the heading, it was about Bachmann, not someone who was on a ticket 5 years ago...and I will add, I doubt there were many who actually voted for Obama because of Palin. Can you show us the link or tell us the research you did to come up with "it is a known fact" people voted against McCain because of Palin? People who have paid a lot of attention to politics for years know the running mate has very little to with who actually wins the election. That being said, Palin and McCain are not what this is about. The person I responded to said, Bachmann is responsible for GOP losses, I asked him how and now you are spinning the entire thread...WOW!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:58 PM

46,997 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Got news for you lefties, Michelle is not going to go away, she will continue to be a force in the conservative movement for a long time.
One can hope.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,923,605 times
Quote:
what the blank does voting for McCain have to so with this thread? Last time I read the heading, it was about Bachmann, not someone who was on a ticket 5 years ago...and I will add, I doubt there were many who actually voted for Obama because of Palin. Can you show us the link or tell us the research you did to come up with "it is a known fact" people voted against McCain because of Palin? People who have paid a lot of attention to politics for years know the running mate has very little to with who actually wins the election. That being said, Palin and McCain are not what this is about. The person I responded to said, Bachmann is responsible for GOP losses, I asked him how and now you are spinning the entire thread...WOW!!!

Are you serious? A person that worked for the McCain campaign admitted that they didn't vote for McCain because Palin was on the ticket. I guess you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Rational people understand that wackos like Bachmann hurt the GOP nationwide and have cost them elections. You seem to have some love for Bachmann, so just call it the Todd Akin factor instead.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Michelle is not going to go away, she will continue to be a force in the conservative movement for a long time.
I think you meant to say:

"Michelle is not going to go away, she will continue to be a farce in the conservative movement for a long time. "

lol

Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,249,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think you meant to say:

"Michelle is not going to go away, she will continue to be a farce in the conservative movement for a long time. "

lol
I hope so.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:15 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
something I will never understand about conservatives, their claim for wanting small government. michelle bachmann is the face of the tea party, but yet conservative voters went to the booth, and chose romney. How does that happen?
They're lying when they say they want small government. These are people who voted for Reagan, perhaps the most fiscally irresponsible big government type to ever occupy the White House. They followed it up with Bush, which added trillions and trillions to the debt with unfunded wars and entitlements and expanded government to previously unimagined levels. Then we get a "small government" sect, headed up by none other than a crazy person who wants the government to tell everyone how they have to live their private lives.

The GOP has zero credibility in the small government department, and neither does the Tea Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections