Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 03:36 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,252,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How did she help Democrats win anything? I don't know where you get that. And what does her not running for the house have to do with 2016?
By saying stupid things, you can look it up for yourself, or, I can post most of her stuff here which made it to youtube.com.

michelle bachman gaffes

michelle bachman gaffes - YouTube

Do you believe she ever had a chance of being President of the Untied States after she displayed her stupidity and ignorance?

This one was particularly my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwVf1OTWO4

Old 05-30-2013, 03:45 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,364,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. Michelle Bachmann has announced she will not run for re-election next year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/us...year.html?_r=0
Actually I prefer she DID run. She BARELY survived re-election last time and her margin of victory has been on a downward trend. Chances are pretty good she would have been defeated this time around. For the GOP it's GOOD NEWS that someone else from the GOP will run instead. It means they probably have a better chance of holding on to her seat on Congress.

Ken

Old 05-30-2013, 04:54 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,252,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Actually I prefer she DID run. She BARELY survived re-election last time and her margin of victory has been on a downward trend. Chances are pretty good she would have been defeated this time around. For the GOP it's GOOD NEWS that someone else from the GOP will run instead. It means they probably have a better chance of holding on to her seat on Congress.

Ken
From what I heard on public radio this morning, Bachman spent nearly or did spend $15M dollars for her re-election, and barely won. Much like the Koch Bros. and Karl Rove's super-pacs that put hundreds of millions of dollars into the campaign to beat Obama, which failed. It's a good thing that money and power can't buy elections.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,560,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
She's not done, I heard she will be serving tea on the MSNBC Morning Joe show...

Old 05-31-2013, 07:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
From what I heard on public radio this morning, Bachman spent nearly or did spend $15M dollars for her re-election, and barely won. Much like the Koch Bros. and Karl Rove's super-pacs that put hundreds of millions of dollars into the campaign to beat Obama, which failed. It's a good thing that money and power can't buy elections.
wow, just about like too many politicians these days, between the money they have backing them and their own, way too much is spent winning. I am wondering, do you really think she is the only one who spent that kind of money.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:06 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,232,387 times
How sweet, all the Dimicrats and Libitards crawling out out of the woodwork with their flashing knives in hand to savage Bachmann. Got news for you lefties, Michelle is not going to go away, she will continue to be a force in the conservative movement for a long time. Perhaps she will be rewarded for her patriotism in 2017 by being appointed to a high post by newly elected President Rubio?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 AM

67 posts, read 68,154 times
Now Graves has suspended his campaign.

With Bachmann not running, Jim Graves pulls out of 6th District race | MinnPost

Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Talking I like you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
How sweet, all the Dimicrats and Libitards crawling out out of the woodwork with their flashing knives in hand to savage Bachmann. Got news for you lefties, Michelle is not going to go away, she will continue to be a force in the conservative movement for a long time. Perhaps she will be rewarded for her patriotism in 2017 by being appointed to a high post by newly elected President Rubio?

You're a funny guy.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
By saying stupid things, you can look it up for yourself, or, I can post most of her stuff here which made it to youtube.com.

michelle bachman gaffes

michelle bachman gaffes - YouTube

Do you believe she ever had a chance of being President of the Untied States after she displayed her stupidity and ignorance?

This one was particularly my favorite:

Michele Bachmann's Baseless Two Dollar ( $2 ) Gas Claim - YouTube
Very interesting conclusion; she helps Republicans lose is what you said, but can you tell us how and who she helped lose? Did you win another term? Yes, she did, so I don't think you can say can really say she is responsible for anyone losing, other than maybe her opponents. Now as for Youtube, anyone than believes what they see on UTube as real and the gospel truth, leads a pretty sheltered life.

Do I think she ever stood a chance at being elected Pres or winning the nomination? Of course not and would I have supported her? Probably not, but that isn't what I am referring to, I am wondering how she helps the Republicans lose?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,270,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're a funny guy.
lol

Yeah, she'll be a "force" in the republi-thug party, just like Palin was - for about ten seconds.

I suspect there are a whole bunch of republi-thugs out there, breathing a huge sigh of relief because of her decision.

Although, like Palin and her ego, I don't think Bachmann will necessary go quietly into the night. She's another attention w*ore (like Palin) who will struggle to remain relevant until she's been reduced to insane tweets that nobody pays any attention to (like Palin).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.