Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well you know Condi got to where she did, top scholar, high school grad 2 years younger than most kids, and before Affirmative action was the policy, but you don't know about Obama? How can that be? I am guessing you know almost nothing about her achievements and maybe very little about the timing of AA.

Read Conddoleezza Rice an American life and then tell me you know what the heck you are talking about. Every single thing she did beyond high school was a product of AA. One of the things that bugged me the most about the woman was that even though she herself derived great benefits from AA, when she got into a position of power at Columbia she opposed AA and blacked many people who were as deserving as she was. A real hypocrite to be sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Read Conddoleezza Rice an American life and then tell me you know what the heck you are talking about. Every single thing she did beyond high school was a product of AA. One of the things that bugged me the most about the woman was that even though she herself derived great benefits from AA, when she got into a position of power at Columbia she opposed AA and blacked many people who were as deserving as she was. A real hypocrite to be sure.
We can debate this forever: but let me point out, your first comment said she got everything she had done was a result of AA, now you are saying, since college everything she accomplished is a result. I am saying, not everything. You are basing your opinion on one book, one author. I have not read the book, I will be honest, but I also know biographies are not always completely honest and are often slanted. Most of us, do not judge a person by what one person has to say. Have you read many Reagan or Nancy Reagan biographies or Frank Sinatra or Churchill or Lincoln biographies. You obviously don't like her, from all your postings you don't like anybody with an R next to their name. This is your choice, but I find in interesting you would base your opinion on one source. I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. BTW, do I think she would have made a good President? Not particularly, but I try to stay somewhat objective in my views.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Who cares?

The bigoted GOP is too backwards to put a black man or woman on its ticket. Herman Cain found this out. White men only need apply. The party is full of ignoramuses who have been quoted as saying things like, "I would never vote for a black man", or more commonly, "I would never vote for a <insert n-word>". I don't think there is a Republican alive who is more qualified than Condoleezza Rice, yet her party is too short-sighted to favor her over some goon like Romney.

Rice didn't run and wouldn't have been given a chance to be on the ticket because she's black. It reflects the sad state of the Regressive GOP, still stuck in the 19th century.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We can debate this forever: but let me point out, your first comment said she got everything she had done was a result of AA, now you are saying, since college everything she accomplished is a result. I am saying, not everything. You are basing your opinion on one book, one author. I have not read the book, I will be honest, but I also know biographies are not always completely honest and are often slanted. Most of us, do not judge a person by what one person has to say. Have you read many Reagan or Nancy Reagan biographies or Frank Sinatra or Churchill or Lincoln biographies. You obviously don't like her, from all your postings you don't like anybody with an R next to their name. This is your choice, but I find in interesting you would base your opinion on one source. I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. BTW, do I think she would have made a good President? Not particularly, but I try to stay somewhat objective in my views.
There have been some republicans that I liked. I think Ike was a pretty good president. Kissinger is a brilliant man,even Nixon had his good points.

That bio is not the only one I have read on Condi Rice. It is a well sourced and footnoted book that well exposes her AA life and her rejection of it once she had benefitted so much from it.

You would be amazed I'm sure how many biograpies I have read. I have read a few Raegan, Ron that is, I'm not really interested in Nancy. I've read lots of Churchill plus almost all that he has written himself. I've read all the bios on FDR and I must say that our disgraced Media Lord Conrad Black's tome is the best of the best. My favorite Republican of all times, I've read everything I can get about him, Theodore Roosevelt. I've read a few Lincoln and I just finished a very interesting one, "The real Lincoln" by Thomas DiLorenzo. A very very interesting read and esential for understanding the various political forces that are still at loggerheads in the USA today. I have read many bios of the American Founders and I find them very interesting. I'm sure it would surprise you to know, since you most likely think I'm a complete liberal that my favorite founding father was John Adams. Since I have always had an interet in Political corruption I have read many books about the leaders of big political machines like Tammany Hall. Yes, political corruption is not confined to the right, there is plenty to spread around. I'm a bit of a junkie when it comes to historical political ideas, thoughts. actions and people. I've read pretty much everything I can get on, "The Kingfisher" Huey Long. What an amazing character. He could have been the American Hitler if he had lived.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I don't see right wing conservatives in the South picking her over Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, etc..

Look how poorly Cain did. Blacks tend to do very poorly in GOP presidential primaries, but the GOP manages to blame Democrats.

Yeah, in as much as Democrats apply the crab pot syndrome to any black climbing up on the OTHER side of the fence...yeah....sure.....remember Colin Powell? He was a sellout, a uncle Tom until he sided with Democratic ideals....the democratic panther cannons silenced at that point....they did the same to Condoleeza Rice...she only grew up average, in ALABAMA, overcame a South with steep prejudicial leanings, rose in society, gained an outstanding education, became a leader in a Presidential cabinet and the left hated her???

All Americans should be proud of her achievements. She held her post with dignity and professionalism. No scandals, no skeletons coming out. She is to be respected on both sides of the aisle. Not castigated. Could she have won an election? Not at this time.

Thanks to the polarizing nature of the current administration, future black leaders will have even a few more hurdles to cross. People don't tend to get bitten twice if they can help it. Hard to say though. With all the appetite for freebies another promising even more might win. Especially if they legalize those desperately needed 11 million votes formerly from South of the Border.

Just be careful what you wish for. Sooner or later, most on the left will have to go to work and those they welcome may not be so generous when they rise to power and you ask them for help. Chances are, they will be busy helping their own. Not you. An American tradition.

Vote wisely.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
a single black woman who teaches at Stanford? LOL.. no way the GOP would go for that.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Which means she would've won the election right, if all the other voting stayed the same?

Right- are you kidding? Rice (who would make a great president) is intelligent and conservative. Blacks would hate her and liberals would call her disparaging things like an "uncle tom".

Blacks vote democratic, regardless of who the candidate is. "Black Jesus" could be running as a republican and would recieve less than 5% of the black vote if the Imperial Wizard of the KKK was running as a democrat.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right- are you kidding? Rice (who would make a great president) is intelligent and conservative. Blacks would hate her and liberals would call her disparaging things like an "uncle tom".

Blacks vote democratic, regardless of who the candidate is. "Black Jesus" could be running as a republican and would recieve less than 5% of the black vote if the Imperial Wizard of the KKK was running as a democrat.
wouldn't it be an aunt tom? Anyways...

The only black GOP we hate is Clarence Thomas.

Rice is attached to W so there is no way she would get our vote.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yeah, in as much as Democrats apply the crab pot syndrome to any black climbing up on the OTHER side of the fence...yeah....sure.....remember Colin Powell? He was a sellout, a uncle Tom until he sided with Democratic ideals....the democratic panther cannons silenced at that point....they did the same to Condoleeza Rice...she only grew up average, in ALABAMA, overcame a South with steep prejudicial leanings, rose in society, gained an outstanding education, became a leader in a Presidential cabinet and the left hated her???

All Americans should be proud of her achievements. She held her post with dignity and professionalism. No scandals, no skeletons coming out. She is to be respected on both sides of the aisle. Not castigated. Could she have won an election? Not at this time.

Thanks to the polarizing nature of the current administration, future black leaders will have even a few more hurdles to cross. People don't tend to get bitten twice if they can help it. Hard to say though. With all the appetite for freebies another promising even more might win. Especially if they legalize those desperately needed 11 million votes formerly from South of the Border.

Just be careful what you wish for. Sooner or later, most on the left will have to go to work and those they welcome may not be so generous when they rise to power and you ask them for help. Chances are, they will be busy helping their own. Not you. An American tradition.

Vote wisely.
3 things that would hurt Rice in an election

W M D

Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
wouldn't it be an aunt tom? Anyways...

The only black GOP we hate is Clarence Thomas.

Rice is attached to W so there is no way she would get our vote.
The only black you hate is C. T? What about some of the comments made by libs here about Allen West and Herman Cain? I can probably think of others if I racked my old almost used up brain....We all know or it appears, 90% of blacks have a huge problem and dislike, if not hatred toward conservative blacks. In fact it appears they have some concerns even with conservative Hispanics. I wish it wasn't that way, I guess I am in a stage of my life where I can't figure this out; I can't figure out how any one group can really dislike another group so strongly? I know this goes for all sides and all groups. But I do think the black feelings toward black conservatives is the most obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections