Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Wholeheartedly disagree. Which of those states in the first sentence do you think Republicans have a chance in come 2016?
Depending on the Republican candidate, NY, OR and WA for starters. I am not sure about some of the others, of course it will be a cold day in Hell before CA goes red again. There are a few of the very small states on that list that could be come toss up with her on the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 07:47 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Li roi: having national appeal and yet, claiming her is either loved or hated is kinda sending a mixed signal isn't it.
Mixed signal? No, it's a clear signal that her policies inspire strong opinions among people who are either (A) In finance, or (B) think finance needs to be regulated.

Quote:
I might add, what makes you think, just because you like her far left views and don't care about her getting special consideration because she claimed she was an American Indian which turned out to be quite a stretch,
(A) I don't consider her views far-left
(B) I don't know what "Special Consideration" you're talking about

Quote:
because she claimed she was an American Indian which turned out to be quite a stretch
if you say so.
im not sure what's she's claimed, but whatever it is, why is it important?

Quote:
what makes you think .... she is that well known and/or would be accepted outside say the New England region?
well for one because she's not from New England, and two, she's well-known. She became well-known for a video on Youtube called "The Coming collapse of the middle class", which was a speech she made in the Summer of 2007, a full year before the credit crisis, and well before the financial crisis had become common knowledge.

Quote:
Do you have any statistics showing how her appeal?
Do I have statistics showing her how appeal what ?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Mixed signal? No, it's a clear signal that her policies inspire strong opinions among people who are either (A) In finance, or (B) think finance needs to be regulated.

(A) I don't consider her views far-left
(B) I don't know what "Special Consideration" you're talking about

if you say so.
im not sure what's she's claimed, but whatever it is, why is it important?

well for one because she's not from New England, and two, she's well-known. She became well-known for a video on Youtube called "The Coming collapse of the middle class", which was a speech she made in the Summer of 2007, a full year before the credit crisis, and well before the financial crisis had become common knowledge.
: The may have statistics showing her how appeal what ?
why is it important? You can't be serious!!! You say her appeal is nationwide, where are you getting this? You may not consider her views far left, that is your opinion, many others would differ with you. For those on the left, perhaps not, for those in the middle and many independents they may find her way too far out for them. Aspiring opinions and strong appeal are not the same thing.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Warren would never be the Democratic nominee. Wall Street and other big money sources would make sure a well funded candidate outlasts and defeats her in a primary race.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
why is it important? You can't be serious!!!
i haven't seen you say anything that suggests you're serious, either.

Quote:
You say her appeal is nationwide, where are you getting this?
observation. Why, where do you get your view that her appeal isn't nationwide? If you have statistics, I'd be glad to see them. If you don't, then why do you expect me to provide them?

Quote:
You may not consider her views far left, that is your opinion, many others would differ with you.
Be that as it may, I can't be bothered with ignorant people who are incapable of explaining her positions on various issues. Some people on the far-right obviously feel threatened by her intellect, so they change the subject away from actual policy.

Quote:
Aspiring opinions and strong appeal are not the same thing.
"Aspiring opinions" is not a phrase that has meaning to me.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:

observation. Why, where do you get your view that her appeal isn't nationwide? If you have statistics, I'd be glad to see them. If you don't, then why do you expect me to provide them?

Be that as it may, I can't be bothered with ignorant people who are incapable of explaining her positions on various issues. Some people on the far-right obviously feel threatened by her intellect, so they change the subject away from actual policy.

You have your opinion, I did ask for examples of her appeal nationwide, you didn't give it. So be it, you do not think she is radical or claiming to be what she isn't is anything to be concerned about, I happen to disagree. What I would never do and I am shocked you reverted to it, is call anyone ignorant. Many of us do disagree on here, that is why city data can be fun and educational, but there is no way to debate when someone starts personally attacking another poster.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:

You have your opinion, I did ask for examples of her appeal nationwide, you didn't give it. So be it, you do not think she is radical or claiming to be what she isn't is anything to be concerned about, I happen to disagree. What I would never do and I am shocked you reverted to it, is call anyone ignorant. Many of us do disagree on here, that is why city data can be fun and educational, but there is no way to debate when someone starts personally attacking another poster. And I don't know what being on the right or left has to do with ones intellect.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
What I would never do and I am shocked you reverted to it, is call anyone ignorant. Many of us do disagree on here, that is why city data can be fun and educational, but there is no way to debate when someone starts personally attacking another poster.
differing opinions aren't the issue here; information asymmetry is the issue. i cannot be blamed for pointing out ignorance.

there are people out there who genuinely don't know very much on the topics they choose to talk about, and that is not simply a matter of differing opinions.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Quote:
why is it important? You can't be serious!!! You say her appeal is nationwide, where are you getting this? You may not consider her views far left, that is your opinion, many others would differ with you. For those on the left, perhaps not, for those in the middle and many independents they may find her way too far out for them. Aspiring opinions and strong appeal are not the same thing.
She's smart and determined. Show the following two videos to any centrist/independent and see if they at least are not impressed (even if they don't agree with her). She has a huge following on the Left; even if she has no Presidential or VP aspirations, she will be a major force in the DMC for the foreseeable future.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Depending on the Republican candidate, NY, OR and WA for starters. I am not sure about some of the others, of course it will be a cold day in Hell before CA goes red again. There are a few of the very small states on that list that could be come toss up with her on the ballot.
Say what?? Come on Nita, we may disagree on most things, but you are smarter that that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections