Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 PM

297 posts, read 1,300,682 times

Advertisements

that someone can be elected President without having to "spend a pile of money" to become President. Millions of dollars are so wasted everytime America has a election. Just think what could be done with all of those millions of dollars. We could even give the firemen and policemen the pay that they so rightly deserve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 06:16 PM

564 posts, read 2,342,471 times
Just because he didn't spend a "pile of money" to get up higher in the polls doesn't make him fit to be President.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
i refuse to vote for a candidate that voted for increases in taxes on gas, diesel, nursing home care, and an income tax surcharge, and overall increased state spending by 65% in arkansas when he was governor. count me out!

Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,642,372 times
Yes, and while your at it, PLEASE get the message out about his pro-illegal immigration stance and policies.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:36 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,177,247 times
Lord help us if he gets in the presidential seat, he sure made a mess of things while he was Governor.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:52 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,275,975 times
Yeah...the last one from Arkansas that made president was such a winner....oops, who said THAT?

Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 PM

155 posts, read 662,634 times
I think it's funny all of the people outside of Arkansas that are impressed with his smooth talking. I surely hope he doesn't have a good shot at being president.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:35 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,642,372 times
Unfortunately, he's already garnering a lot of support from the evangelical big-wigs (like Pat Robertson). Apparently, all you have to do to pull the wool over their eyes is wave the Bible around and claim to be the candidate with the best "moral values" blah, blah, blah. These people thought they were voting for good "moral values" when they voted George W. in and now look what a mess we're in! "Moral Vaues", yeah, right. They were duped, you'd think they'd learn. More like big corporate greed-riddled values! I grew up in a Southern Baptist church, but will no longer attend one now that they try to tell you who to vote for! I'm sorry, but so many of those poor people are just sheep, not questioning or thinking with their own mind. The LAST thing we need is Huckabee...

Old 11-22-2007, 10:23 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I grew up in a Southern Baptist church, but will no longer attend one now that they try to tell you who to vote for! I'm sorry, but so many of those poor people are just sheep, not questioning or thinking with their own mind. The LAST thing we need is Huckabee...
I grew up in an Independent Fundamental Baptist church and they preached before the 2004 election that anybody voting for John Kerry would be held personally accountable for "every abomination of every sodomite in this wicked land" on judgment day. In other words, if you vote for Kerry you are damned to hell.

Ever since then, I have been very turned off by the fundamentalist movement. Who are they to tell people that they are going to hell for voting for a particular candidate.

About 10% of the population will vote for the "moral values" candidate no matter what, and that would be enough to sway the election as divided as this country is. Huckabee would have a better chance against Hillary than Guiliani would have because Guiliani is too liberal on gay marriage and abortion to attract evangelical voters yet too conservative fiscally to attract Democrats to make up for that loss.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:31 PM

4 posts, read 9,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoe View Post
We could even give the firemen and policemen the pay that they so rightly deserve!
Instead of having to vote for more pay raises every few years for firemen, policemen, teachers etc, it makes more sense have sound money (money backed by something).

In 1960s you could buy 1 gallon of gas for about 3 (90% silver) dimes. Today, those same 3 dimes has the same value as 1 gallon of gas. Inflation is a penalty that we are suffering for having a fiat currency (money that can be printed at will without being backed by anything).

Again, instead of always voting to raise firemen, policemen, or teacher's salaries, it makes more sense to me to have sound money. Ron Paul is the only candidate that purposes to do this!

Ron Paul or Bust!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections