Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 05:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The democrats will try to personally smear any republican so the republican must be smear proof. The dems can only run on demonizing republicans they will not be able to run on the democratic record. One of the most smear proof candidates would be ben carson
Dems cant say he is a racist
Dems can not say he is dumb

Carson is a physician and thus should stay in his lane. He is not a politician and only will be used like "Mr. 999" and will be discharged when the big boys come on the scene. Ben can speak well on (what he believes) medical related issues and maybe some moral issues but I can't see him on global or financial issues to be taken too seriously. He also cannot be counted on getting blacks to vote republican either, they fell for that crap with Obama.

Btw, I don't really care who they elect (either party) because it will pretty much be the same thing either at a faster or slowly pace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Your man-love for Obama has been observed many times here.

It just seems odd for you to view him as exceptional when world leaders view Obama as weak and confused on foreign policy.
Which world leaders would that be?

Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 PM

1,074 posts, read 758,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Which world leaders would that be?
LOL!! Get serious! Let me help you: Putin, for one. But none respect him. Can you name any that do?

Old 03-30-2014, 05:51 PM

Since it cost too much for any politician to become president without any significant backing, what difference does it matter what they believe in if their backers want them to go in another direction? This is what really happened to Obama, he came in with these ideas on what he thought would help the country and those who supported him thought differently and that is what makes liars out of EVERY politician.

Rather if you are a conservative or liberal it makes no difference on the national stage because who ever holds the purse strings controls the puppet. We all must face this simple fact, that our government is controlled by the few corperations that have an extreme amount of power and voting on the national level only gives you the feeling of a true democracy.

The only thing that having two political parties does is keep us all divided over the most mundane of things. so instead of getting together and actually doing anything they are too busy arguing over nothing and that is what is getting done .....NOTHING! The only thing that they will agree on is making sure that a real third or fourth party will never get established because that might mean....Heaven forbid! Something that the people actually wants gets done. Like affordable healthcare for everyone and at the same time not break the country financially, or fixing our roads and bridges or even (gasp) getting Americans back to work with a livable wage!

Last edited by simetime; 03-30-2014 at 05:59 PM..

Old 03-30-2014, 05:56 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
LOL!! Get serious! Let me help you: Putin, for one. But none respect him. Can you name any that do?
Another poster made the claim so let him list these leaders for me. You`ve spoken to Pooty? Most of his admirers here never get closer than that topless photo that turns them on.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post

Actually Putin does not respect anyone because he does not have to. Bush bullied Iraq and Afghanistan because he could, Obama did the same with Libya. Putin has nukes and could give a damn about what any other country says about what he does.

so the question should have been what leader does Putin respect?

Old 03-31-2014, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since it cost too much for any politician to become president without any significant backing, what difference does it matter what they believe in if their backers want them to go in another direction? This is what really happened to Obama, he came in with these ideas on what he thought would help the country and those who supported him thought differently and that is what makes liars out of EVERY politician.

Rather if you are a conservative or liberal it makes no difference on the national stage because who ever holds the purse strings controls the puppet. We all must face this simple fact, that our government is controlled by the few corperations that have an extreme amount of power and voting on the national level only gives you the feeling of a true democracy.

The only thing that having two political parties does is keep us all divided over the most mundane of things. so instead of getting together and actually doing anything they are too busy arguing over nothing and that is what is getting done .....NOTHING! The only thing that they will agree on is making sure that a real third or fourth party will never get established because that might mean....Heaven forbid! Something that the people actually wants gets done. Like affordable healthcare for everyone and at the same time not break the country financially, or fixing our roads and bridges or even (gasp) getting Americans back to work with a livable wage!
wow, what an attitude, I guess you won't be bothering to vote as long as you don't think it makes any difference who is elected.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I like Cruz, Paul is just okay, and Palin has been smeared beyond recognition (although I still like her vision for the U.S. and her no nonsense).

We need fresh new blood that hasn't been smeared yet. Ben Carson comes to mind, but I'm not sure he has the political chops; he is a bit soft spoken. However, he seems to appeal to everyone, even some of the radical left.

They will probably offer up Christie in a fit of desperation, though.
I still have hope Christie will thumb his nose at both parties and run as an (I), he might actually have enough traction to pull it off.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:25 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Default tHE LINE UP!

t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Palin, Ryan, Cruz.
I LIKE TO ADD

Rad Paul
Rick Perry
jeb Bush
Christy.

The thing you got understand no would announce this early at the risk of the Dem's mounting a full Campaign of lie and smear.

Sadly the only Democrat name that seems to surface is Clinton. Again she has made nor firm commitment either.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I still have hope Christie will thumb his nose at both parties and run as an (I), he might actually have enough traction to pull it off.
nope, he won't do that, but you can dream about it if you like. I can dream Susanna Martinez will run but I doubt it will happen. And no, we are not quite ready for a President running as an independent I don't think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections