Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times

Advertisements

Who's the top 3 or 4 these days? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 08:56 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Palin, Ryan, Cruz.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,546,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Palin, Ryan, Cruz.
Dumb, dumber, and dumbest

Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
According to the most recent CNN poll;

Huckabee, Paul, Bush, Christie

Old 02-04-2014, 05:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Who's the top 3 or 4 these days? Thanks!
With nothing to offer, they are working on trying to find an option for 2024.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Probably Paul, Bush, Rubio.

The choices i'd like to see Palin,Nugent,Limbaugh

Old 02-04-2014, 06:21 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post

Add Santorum to the list, he has already been up in Iowa stomping around. IMO, Jeb is the wild card and if he runs we could see a couple drop out. Consider Jeb would have both daddies and brothers campaign contribution lists and would have gobs of money. Most likely it would be Huckabee and Christie dropping out or deciding not to run.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:13 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,821,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Palin, Ryan, Cruz.
Palin:
It's hard to imagine Palin putting forth the effort required to run for President.

Ryan:
He has shown no signs that he's running. Doesn't mean he won't, but it really doesn't look like it.

Cruz:
Probably. He has yet to show that he's anywhere close to being ready for prime time, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post

Huckabee:
He doesn't seem to have the fire in the belly. It's personally useful to pretend he might run, but I highly doubt he pulls the trigger in the end.

Paul:
Probably. His recent wading into a discussion of the Lewinsky scandal and his trying to taint Hillary Clinton with it, then backing away from that, suggests that like Cruz he has a ways to go politically. Still, I think he's much more savvy than Cruz. That said, if they both run - which seems very plausible - they're likely going to be competing for the very same part of the GOP base. Problematic for both of them.

Bush:
If he runs, and I think it more likely than not, he immediately becomes the establishment candidate and brings the massive pre-existing campaign infrastructure of his family to the race. He then becomes the favorite, though far from the lock.

Christie:
2016 is a long way away, but his star is rapidly fading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Probably Paul, Bush, Rubio.

The choices i'd like to see Palin,Nugent,Limbaugh
Rubio:
Rubio runs only if Bush doesn't, most likely. Rubio's political base is Florida, and if Bush runs that base mostly goes to Bush, eliminating Rubio's chances before they start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Add Santorum to the list, he has already been up in Iowa stomping around. IMO, Jeb is the wild card and if he runs we could see a couple drop out. Consider Jeb would have both daddies and brothers campaign contribution lists and would have gobs of money. Most likely it would be Huckabee and Christie dropping out or deciding not to run.
Absolutely. Santorum ran extremely strong in 2012, finishing second overall on a campaign with little money and meager infrastructure. And he'd likely have won even more if he'd gotten credit for winning Iowa immediately, rather than two weeks later. Food for thought - Santorum did about as good in 2012 as Romney did in 2008. If Huckabee runs it hurts Santorum, as their bases largely overlap. But if Huckabee bails, as I think he will, Santorum should run a strong campaign.

Two more who appear likely to run are Perry and Huntsman. As for Perry, rarely has there been a bigger flameout of a Presidential bid as Perry in 2012 - can he overcome that? I doubt it. He just doesn't have what it takes on the national stage. Huntsman has his niche but he really has no place in the current Republican Party except perhaps in a Bush cabinet (or maybe as a running mate).

Old 02-04-2014, 09:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
He is not going to get the nomination, if fact I would be shocked if he gets much support this time around at all.

I am guessing, Christi will end up as one of the front runners, unless he decides no to run: Also keep your eyes on a few who have not made any move at this time, they could be sitting back, which is pretty smart. Bush will be able to pull in Hispanic voters which is a positive, but I still hope he doesn't run. Rubio will be a contender and I am not sure about Huckabee. After what he said last week he could be toast. What he said was taken out of context, but he still said it and he can't take it back. I don't see Paul Ryan as a threat. Paul could be in there as well as Scott Walker.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:06 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
I like Cruz, Paul is just okay, and Palin has been smeared beyond recognition (although I still like her vision for the U.S. and her no nonsense).

We need fresh new blood that hasn't been smeared yet. Ben Carson comes to mind, but I'm not sure he has the political chops; he is a bit soft spoken. However, he seems to appeal to everyone, even some of the radical left.

They will probably offer up Christie in a fit of desperation, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections