Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Yes, skill. Obama is second only to Bill Clinton in his political gifts.

You want to see somebody who has zero political skills? Run any of the video of Mitt Romney. Worst politician ever.
He is probably ahead of Clinton, to be honest, but since when do we vote for candidates because of their political skills? Oh, I guess some do, but I would hope most Americans would vote based on knowledge, experience and ability to work with the people on both sides, not political skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 07:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:

You want to see somebody who has zero political skills? Run any of the video of Mitt Romney. Worst politician ever.
You're confusing smooth oration with political skill. Reagan, Kennedy, Eisenhower, and to some extent Clinton had political skills. GW Bush has more political skill than Obama.

Obama has you and minions who believe anything he says and back everything he does. That isn't skill, that is a cult.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He is probably ahead of Clinton, to be honest, but since when do we vote for candidates because of their political skills? Oh, I guess some do, but I would hope most Americans would vote based on knowledge, experience and ability to work with the people on both sides, not political skills.
People who can work on both sides of the aisle and get things done IS being politically skilled.

Obama hasn't gotten anything done without controlling all three branches (2 years), and he only managed to get ACA passed; which has been a complete disaster. It took 4 years just to get a budget (1st time in history) He squandered his power, and is now relegated to being lame.

8 years and his crowning achievement will be killing Bin Laden.

Makes GWB look like a genius.

Even Hillary called him out as being a feckless ideologue, and promised she wouldn't be like him. You all should have listened to her when she said he was a liar, because she was absolutely correct.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-04-2014 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 08:55 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
All the good ideas and good will in the world isn't worth spit unless you can get elected.

When the GOP has good ideas, good will *and* someone who can run a successful presidential campaign...well, we know that's not going to happen any time soon.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
That still makes me shake my head and laugh

Old 06-05-2014, 04:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
One would hope. But then Karl Rove would be out of a job.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:

They seemed to have failed him with the prisoner exchange.......

Old 06-06-2014, 03:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
yep, pure luck put President Obama in the White House. Many, infact the majority of the country, would say, pure bad luck!!!!
McCain/Palin had more to do with putting Obama in the WH than any amount of luck.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
McCain/Palin had more to do with putting Obama in the WH than any amount of luck.
sorry I don't believe that, but again, we all have our opinions and that is what makes these boards interesting, and sometimes fun. Of course McCain/Palin had something to do with Obama winning, so did Obama being black have a lot to do with his winning, but luck did too. If nothing else, for him to be in the position to run took a lot of luck...

Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They seemed to have failed him with the prisoner exchange.......
Yes, bringing home a captive soldier would never play well with the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections