Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 04:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,237,192 times

Advertisements

Would he get the nomination? Or will another safe Romney-esque type get it? Carson's honesty and integrity (lack of political correctness) has alienated a few people.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i dont think white conservatives would vote for a black man.
For the right black man they would. I know many conservatives who would vote for the right black man. Many would have voted for Colin Powell.
Carson has forgotten more about medicine and the medical industry than most elected reps will ever know. I would trust his opinion over that of a political activist.
Is he worthy of being president? I need to learn more about him, but he is a true American success story.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:56 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,141,863 times
Carson has said some pretty crazy things. He may be great at his profession, but his profession shouldn't be Politics.

I don't think he has a shot at even getting the nomination. He's anti-gay and a religious zealot.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
I don't think the Tea Party is "racist" per se...just hostile towards blacks like the party that spawned them; The Republican Party.

And even if they weren't hostile towards blacks, i have no problems completely ignoring Ben Carson as a candidate. Hell, i pretty much ignore him already until his name is brought up.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
I don't know if Carson would be a good President. I do know that Obama has been anything but a good leader. I think we have seen what happens when vote someone into office based less on qualification and more upon race and PC.
I also note that the left only falls in behind blacks if they are the right kind of blacks. The same goes for women. They have to be the right kind or it is open season on them. At this point Obama has been a dismal failure by any measure. Carson at least has real experience as a leader, understands health care, is a true advocate for education and seems humble enough to listen to others.
As I said, I don't know that Carson is qualified to be our next president, but I do know that Obama is an example of someone I would never want as president.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Would he get the nomination? Or will another safe Romney-esque type get it? Carson's honesty and integrity (lack of political correctness) has alienated a few people.
I don't think it has to do with a "safe" pick, we have been hurt by that 2 elections in a row, and yes, Carson has a lot of good to say and makes sense, but you don't take someone who has never held public office and elect him to the Presidency.

and BTW, anyone who is so racist they don't think the Republicans would nominate or elect a minority doesn't understand the party very well.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:26 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,173,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Carson is a token who knows how to speak White, that is all. When regular Republicans stop berating blacks that don't speak White, then we can talk
I actually had to read this one twice.

I had no idea that White was a language. I actually speak several languages, but had no clue that one of them was "White"

Who is the racist???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections