Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 06:56 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,510 times

Advertisements

It's doubtful Corbett can close this massive gap, despite flipping on Obamacare:

Poll: Wolf Maintaining Wide Lead Over Corbett In Pennsylvania Governor Race « CBS Philly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 10:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
It's doubtful Corbett can close this massive gap, despite flipping on Obamacare:

Poll: Wolf Maintaining Wide Lead Over Corbett In Pennsylvania Governor Race « CBS Philly
It's not even his compromise on CorbettCare, he also decided to, conveniently, start fixing roads up across parts of the state according to a newspaper article I read some time ago. Not helping him in the slightest. I believe I also read that his barrage of negative ads against Wolf is also hurting him more than helping him

Old 09-08-2014, 10:30 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's not even his compromise on CorbettCare, he also decided to, conveniently, start fixing roads up across parts of the state according to a newspaper article I read some time ago. Not helping him in the slightest. I believe I also read that his barrage of negative ads against Wolf is also hurting him more than helping him
Corbett is a day late and a dollar short on the actions you've mentioned.

Another factor that has contributed to his unpopularity (and more than you would think) was his position/actions on the Penn State football coach Sandusky's child sexual abuse case that also tarnished Paterno's legacy.

Even so, it's absolutely astonishing to the degree of how Corbett has fallen in terms of popularity.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:57 PM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,946 times
I read Wolf's positions on education and they are the same policies that killed education in California, which is sad because I grew up on PA and graduated from North Allegheny in 1982, which then was spending 10K per student per year. Wolf has campaigned that he will push to loosen up legal requirements on individual school districts in their ability to borrow money by eliminating the requirement that they get voter approval. The teachers union, a heavy campaign funder is pushing for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections