Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:10 PM

10 posts, read 25,462 times

Advertisements

Which candidate lets his old mother live with him?
How people treat elders is how they treat God in my opinion.

On Dec. 18 of that year, before he took office, his wife and family went out to get a Christmas tree. A tractor-trailer broad-sided their car, killing his wife and year-old daughter and injuring his toddler sons, Beau and Hunter. One son had a skull fracture and the other had many broken bones. Biden thought about giving up the Senate seat before he had served a day, but he later took the oath of office in the hospital. When his sons were well enough, he began to commute 125 miles each way to the Capitol. As a single dad, he did not wish to give up his place with his sons.
His sons recovered and are grown, but his 90-year-old mother, who is apparently a wellspring of pithy sayings for his use on the campaign trail, lives with him. In the same house, he helped provide hospice care for his father for the final months of his life. To this day, Biden rides Amtrak for the 250-mile roundtrip to and from D.C.
Biden remarried five years after the accident. Or as he told his listeners at Havenwood, he had the good fortune to have not just one love of his life, but two.
As for real fortune, Biden prides himself, at least publicly, with being one of the poorest members of the Senate and the only major presidential candidate who is not a millionaire. As of last March, his net worth was $100,000 to $150,000. He says he didn't know when he entered public life that the point was to make a lot of money.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/p...07/1270/NEWS97
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 05:31 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
I worked for Senator Biden's campaign when I was in High School- I'm from Delaware. I think it was actually his first run. I don't think he has a shot but it's neat that he is running.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:19 PM

4 posts, read 22,157 times
any info on schools and quality of life in williams township?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:09 AM

549 posts, read 1,930,193 times
Solely from the debates, I've liked him more than the other democrats. In my opinion, he has a lot of tact unlike a few others. But I won't start a big debate about the candidates.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:29 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,544 times
Well I have loved Joe Biden for many years. I will vote for him in the primaries if he is still running by the time VA votes. He won't win, but he will have my support for being a reasonable man who sometimes says crazy things, but we love him anyway.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:01 AM

82 posts, read 317,837 times
Default I Have !

I LOVE Joe Biden and it hurts me too that he's not further along in the race.
My guess is that he'll be made Secretary of State at which he would probably
be the best our generation has known when all is said and done!

I'll be voting for Barack because I think he'd be a thousand times better for us than Hilary who has now pissed me off and lost my vote!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:19 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
Ron Paull 2008!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Ron Paull 2008!
This comment made me .

Unfortunately, Biden probably won't win the Primaries (though he'll have my vote too). So mentioning Ron Paul is like mentioning the Jacksonville Jags in a discussion about the Redskins and their playoff chances. Two different conferences that have the possibility of facing each other but as of now... irrelevant. Still made me smile though.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:31 AM

10 posts, read 25,462 times
Is Joe Biden our Bhutto? Sure feels like it.
Below is a snippet from his Iowa Q&A session with attendees.

"You've got to hold employers who knowingly hire illegals, and they do it to drive down wages in most cases, you've got to hold them criminally responsible," Biden said to applause.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:38 AM

71 posts, read 35,819 times
Unless a presidential candidate is talking about 1) cutting federal spending, 2) the size of the federal debt ($9 Trillion), and 3) the size of the federal unfunded liabilities ($60 Trillion) then they are just like the others and any one of those new world order minions will do the trick for the global elite. Please, please, please wake up before it is too late.

Ron Paul 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections