Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Again, the 'clown car' meme is played out. I don't know where it first appeared, but it must go back at least 4 years. Isn't it time for some new material? Every lib who repeats this meme for maybe the 100 thousandth time thinks him/herself oh-so-clever. Sorry, but this just shows a lack of wit, creativity, and general intelligence.
It came about at the 2012 GOP Primary, and it could turn in to Clown Car 2 if we see another crop of loonies and degenerates running for president in the GOP.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Isn't it time for some new material?
It sure is. As evidence, may I present: Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, and of course Donald Trump.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Again, the 'clown car' meme is played out. I don't know where it first appeared, but it must go back at least 4 years. Isn't it time for some new material? Every lib who repeats this meme for maybe the 100 thousandth time thinks him/herself oh-so-clever. Sorry, but this just shows a lack of wit, creativity, and general intelligence.
It's totally up to the GOP to provide some new material instead of recycling the same losers. But then, that's really all they have. Try to not be so sensitive.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:20 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
He is a serious candidate only in the eyes of liberal and low-info posters.
In your fantasy-world in which the speaking slate of the Iowa Freedom Summit (is in a party bylaw that every GOP event must include the word 'Freedom'?) is run by liberals.

But you know me - I always encourage Republicans to blame their own foolishness on anyone but themselves, lest they actually learn something useful through retrospection.

And so, please carry on!

Old 01-27-2015, 03:15 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
That's another one nobody would vote for.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:13 PM

288 posts, read 212,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
It sure is. As evidence, may I present: Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, and of course Donald Trump.

hey there should be space in the clown car for ted cruz and the black pizza guy...

Old 01-27-2015, 05:08 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In your fantasy-world in which the speaking slate of the Iowa Freedom Summit (is in a party bylaw that every GOP event must include the word 'Freedom'?) is run by liberals.

But you know me - I always encourage Republicans to blame their own foolishness on anyone but themselves, lest they actually learn something useful through retrospection.

And so, please carry on!
OP seems to be of liberal bent and evidently felt it important to post on Trump. Evidently the Iowa event has a policy of max inclusion. It does not follow that conservatives take Trump seriously. I repeat: only liberals and low info voters take him seriously as a political entity. Do you seriously think that he could wind up as the GOP nominee in 2016? That's what you seem to imply here.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
OP seems to be of liberal bent and evidently felt it important to post on Trump. Evidently the Iowa event has a policy of max inclusion. It does not follow that conservatives take Trump seriously. I repeat: only liberals and low info voters take him seriously as a political entity. Do you seriously think that he could wind up as the GOP nominee in 2016? That's what you seem to imply here.
I believe you are mistaking liberals as "taking Trump's presidential candidacy seriously" for liberals taking it as the most excellent comic material that it is.

Because, guess what? Trump is not giving speeches at liberals' get-togethers, yet he is given a microphone on the podium and is taken very seriously at Steve King's clown convention known quite ironically as the 'Iowa Freedom Summit.' I think that actually means free to be as ridiculous and nutty as possible.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:09 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I believe you are mistaking liberals as "taking Trump's presidential candidacy seriously" for liberals taking it as the most excellent comic material that it is.

Because, guess what? Trump is not giving speeches at liberals' get-togethers, yet he is given a microphone on the podium and is taken very seriously at Steve King's clown convention known quite ironically as the 'Iowa Freedom Summit.' I think that actually means free to be as ridiculous and nutty as possible.

But guess what, he is donating big bug bucks to the liberal cause:

Trump donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel's mayoral bid - Illinois Review

He will grab attention where he can on the conservative side, but he puts his money on the liberal side. He is one of you. He has a long history of big government advocacy.
Donald Trump and Eminent Domain | National Review Online

Old 01-27-2015, 06:13 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Trump just does this to get more people to watch his TV show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections